It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan social media star Baloch killed 'by brother' (honor killing)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I do not know the answer to stop this kind of mentality. I personally believe countries that allow these acts to continue should be sanctioned and isolated by the worlds governments.. Recognize and call them the animals they are.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AwrXgSIcM4pXGwgA40bQtDMD;_ylu=X3o'___'ByMXM3OW toBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM4BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Muzaffarabad (Pakistan) (AFP) - A Pakistani social media celebrity whose selfies polarised the deeply conservative Muslim country has been murdered by her brother in a suspected honour killing, officials said Saturday, prompting shock and revulsion.

Qandeel Baloch, praised by many of the country's youth for her willingness to break social taboos but condemned by conservatives, was strangled near the city of Multan, police said.

"Qandeel Baloch has been killed, she was strangled to death by her brother. Apparently it was an incident of honour killing," Sultan Azam, senior police officer in Multan, told AFP

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Freggin Pakistan,Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.

Our so called 'allies' where this crap runs rampant.

Yeah people we sure got some good 'friends'.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

A few years back...here in Dearborn Michigan...we had a middle eastern older brother "honor kill" his teenage sister, because she liked an American non-muslim boy in school.

In fact...I think I remember she had just been talking to him...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I read about it, it's awful.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Freggin Pakistan,Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.

Our so called 'allies' where this crap runs rampant.

Yeah people we sure got some good 'friends'.

It's not as simple as you think it should be. The governments mainly condemn this. We have allies for a reason, we can;t drop every single one when something happens we don't like. That is Trump thinking. It's not reasonable, it's actually not possible. Behind the scenes, our government does give warnings, though.
edit on 17-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
We certainly can cut out the billions of dollars we send to them in foreign "aid." I'm not in favor of sending them anything so long as US citizens don't have what they need to prosper. The current policy looks like giving a drunk money for food for his kids whilst knowing that he's going to spend it on booze. Stupid and destructive.

new topics

top topics

join