It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a personality type that tends to attract you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
What's your "type" when it comes to romance? I know this topic brushes a lot of idealists the wrong way. I don't know why. It seems to me that many idealists don't want to be constrained by concepts such as having a "type" in romance. They just seem to ignore it whether or not it's true for them. And, they act like it's not true regardless of the facts. Why? Because they don't like feeling like their life is subject to fate or anything like it. That's my guess anyway.

My type is the femme fatale.

A femme fatale is a stock character of a mysterious and seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers, often leading them into compromising, dangerous, and deadly situations. She is an archetype of literature and art.

LINK

My only two romantic relationships in the last 15 years have been with the femme fatale personality type. The woman I married was the far more dangerous of the two. I'm not going into details about what happened. I'll just say it was quite dangerous at times. We're still good friends.
edit on 16-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
My first and last wife was a "femme fatal". Nearly destroyed my military career. We've been divorced for many years now, not worthy of a personal yearly holiday.

I'm more attracted to free thinkers these days... The "mainstream" women are way too busy wrapped up in their own immovable take on things.. Unrealistic expectations coupled with the fear of external ridicule for "settling".

You don't have to marry them, and surprisingly most don't want that at all. Women want MEN... unwavering, self-assured, and uncompromising. Men who take charge, who won't bend to their bs, and ARE NEVER THEIR THERAPIST!! 👍

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Every woman, with whom I have been romantically involved, could, if one were so inclined, be placed into pigeon holes and categorised. The last one could fit the femme fatale, but in all honesty probably fits a gap entitled "psychosexually damaged" a hell of a lot better.

The thing is though, that every person in the world is more than the label one applies to them. One could label and categorise me as well, but there would be little point, because I am not a book that can be read fully by observation of its cover, and neither is any woman who has ever walked the world. Very, very few people match their labels particularly well. There are always hidden facets. Nothing is as simple as people assume.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
The "mainstream" women are way too busy wrapped up in their own immovable take on things..

Over 90% of what I see on this site (and other sites like it) is dogmatism in terms of beliefs from both sexes. Why would you point to "mainstream" women as being different in that regard?

Unrealistic expectations coupled with the fear of external ridicule for "settling".

Unrealistic expectations and the effects of peer pressure go for both sexes.

Women want MEN... unwavering, self-assured, and uncompromising.

You're claiming that being "unwavering, self-assured, and uncompromising" is a positive characteristic for men while being "wrapped up in their own immovable take on things" is a negative characteristic for women?

Men who take charge, who won't bend to their bs

Again, those characteristics are negative in women but positive in men?

ARE NEVER THEIR THERAPIST!!

Plenty of women fall in love with their therapists.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Empaths. It's the only type of person i can get along with. Im married to an empath and we're both pretty happy about it. It's funny because most people will say that a sociopath and an empath could never work. We have been together for a little over 8 years.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I only fall for redheads....they are all nuts and have battered me many times.
Never again till I see another.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
Empaths. It's the only type of person i can get along with. Im married to an empath and we're both pretty happy about it. It's funny because most people will say that a sociopath and an empath could never work. We have been together for a little over 8 years.

I made a couple of new female friends recently. In both cases, I sent them messages, and when it took them several hours to reply, they prefaced their replies with something like this:

"I'm sorry it took me so long to reply."

I thought, what a breath of fresh air. They care about my feelings. The little things say everything sometimes.

On the other hand, the devil is in the details when you have "friends" of the opposite sex who clearly don't care about your feelings.

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
I only fall for redheads....they are all nuts and have battered me many times.
Never again till I see another.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

The conqueror and the submissive.

Wealthy men, bad boys, funny guys, therapists, etc. are all signs of a conqueror. And what do they want? A woman who is eagerly submissive to them.

The head and the body.

You think women don't want a therapist? What do you think the friend zone is? It is guys sitting there being used for emotional intimacy - the friend zone is the equivalent of a man who only uses women for sex. That is why it is so damn funny.
edit on 7/16/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I go for Psychos haha... Almost everytime.. THe one time I didn't we lasted 5 years I got bored.. we are now friends..

the rest were so fun..

My last was/is beautifully nutty.. I'm not sure if I could put into words what even happened.. It was though, the most fun I've ever had in my life, and I was sure I might die at any moment.. So much fun that I wouldn't care if I died tomorrow.. This next part of my life is the bonus round.

Gawd.

I can't help myself..

So for now I'm taking a brake from women or girls..

the last one she even wrote a topic somewhere that had Femme fatal in the title.. hehe.. THink her first words to me, or maybe jsut the day we met, were "I am psycho" LOL

if a girl says that to you, well, maybe believe her?

wouldn't change it for the world.

What a woman.

Mmmmm

PS. Every time I talk about girls or women it's Now "Date Russian Girls" ads haha.. Oh google..
edit on 16-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

The conqueror and the submissive.

Wealthy men, bad boys, funny guys, therapists, etc. are all signs of a conqueror. And what do they want? A woman who is eagerly submissive to them.

The head and the body.

You think women don't want a therapist? What do you think the friend zone is? It is guys sitting there being used for emotional intimacy - the friend zone is the equivalent of a man who only uses women for sex. That is why it is so damn funny.

I don't personally want a submissive woman. I personally know ME, and I have found being a "nice" guy so to speak seals your doom. It's not about being abusive at all. It's about having well defined roles in the relationship. As soon as a woman no longer sees you as a challenge and categorizes you as "needy", good luck. It's merely a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

The "mainstream" women are way too busy wrapped up in their own immovable take on things..

Over 90% of what I see on this site (and other sites like it) is dogmatism in terms of beliefs from both sexes. Why would you point to "mainstream" women as being different in that regard?

Unrealistic expectations coupled with the fear of external ridicule for "settling".

Unrealistic expectations and the effects of peer pressure go for both sexes.

Women want MEN... unwavering, self-assured, and uncompromising.

You're claiming that being "unwavering, self-assured, and uncompromising" is a positive characteristic for men while being "wrapped up in their own immovable take on things" is a negative characteristic for women?

Men who take charge, who won't bend to their bs

Again, those characteristics are negative in women but positive in men?

ARE NEVER THEIR THERAPIST!!

Plenty of women fall in love with their therapists.

You can make all the justifications and excuses you may see fit, but in the end, the levels at which men feel the need to lower themselves to in order to have a relationship rather than to UNDERSTAND one will always bite them in the behind.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I never said be a "nice guy", I am just saying that the number one complaint most woman have is that guys don't listen. They crave emotional intimacy like men crave sexual intimacy, but with emotional intimacy you have to be a more gentle conqueror. The way to conquer emotions is to make them feel secure in their judgements by justifying them: to justify an emotion is to conquer it.

When she says, "Cathy at work is so blahblah", you say, "oh I hate people like that... blah blah blah... who does she think she is? blah blah blah" thereby justifying her negative emotions which makes her emotionally secure (thus you have conquered). See the thing is: it's only emotions - you aren't trying to actually conquer Cathy, you're just conquering the idea of Cathy. That's all they want from emotional battles... give them that security.

And of course there is also romance... and for that, just thrill them. Romance is sexual excitement. There's nothing more to it. Just do something they're not expecting. Something different.
edit on 7/16/2016 by Bleeeeep because: reworded the middle for clarity

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My type is a person that's is real and human... that is normal and sane.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I seem to attract the kind of girl that has no interest in you until she's been married for half a decade. Then she sends you love letters and asks you out to dinner. When you decline her advances because she's married, she calls you the bad guy

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's all about the brains. Smart, single girls are few and far between where I live, and smart guys are nearly always the introverted type that comes off a little creepy. Still, I like them, and it's a plus if I can make those socially awkward college boys fall all over themselves!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
peppycat

Not trying to be too negative, but good luck with that!

"Why did You say that Syx?"
I dunno. I just fell outta My head.
"You mean like your brain cells?"
Well Yah I guess so. Hey! WhatdaYa mean?
"You know darned well what I meant!"
Oh I guess I do don't I?! Afterall, You are Me.
"No I'm not!"
Yes You are!!
"Umm, NO! I am NOT!!"
Well then Who are You?!
"People ask Me that all the time and I still don't have an answer..."
(Nothing personal, I just felt like being a smart ass...) LOL!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPakQue? No habla English.
Lol mumble...I don't talk to my self either...
How could I ever find a human to love me when I avoid them like a plauge!?! They are more crazy than this little cat! and if I see one more human, in'm going to throw dirt and weeds at them!
They can all take off to mars for all I care!
I'll be working on my portal system in the twilight hours and go to where the wee ones are... hopefully there are berries and scraps of bread...and water!
See you around, perhaps I sneak into the Shed soon...?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Lol, hey are you talking to yourself?

Well now I met a great gift 3 weeks ago. I was sitting on the beach and she came up to me. She has no fear. I like girls without fear.

We talked for 2 hours after she walked up to me. I gave her my number and I got hers!

The next morning at 8:30 she called me and said she enjoyed our meeting and our talk, she said I would like to see you again. I said ok how about we meet up tonight and watch the sunset. We did.

So if she wants something she goes for it.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I don't usually talk to Myself either.
"Yes You do!"
No I dont!
"Yes...
LMAO!!!

Umm You should try to NOT avoid Humans. There are some that are decent. Few and far between, but they do exist. The Shed is full Of Humans, compassionate even...
Yes do stop back in there!

And speaking of which, there is a portal at The Shed. Actually several.
One of them brought in some Humans, from another time era!!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

YAh I was yakkin to myself a little here. All in fun though.
"No it wasn't!"
Yah It was!
LMAO!!!

Assertive Gals are ok. You found a real keeper Bro! She seems very nice too!!
Is She ever gonna join up here at ATS? I say She should!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join