It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cinnamon.. May improve a bad memory ? ( Parkinson's Aid ? )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Interesting study using ground Cinnamon. Ceylon Cinnamon is Purer than the Chinese variety..
Posted as it may improve stupid but I did not want to headline with that.
I had better start using Ha.

Cinnamon is a delicious addition to toast, coffee and breakfast rolls. Eating the tasty household spice also might improve learning ability, according to new study results published online in the July issue of the Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology. The study by neurological scientists at Rush University Medical Center found that feeding cinnamon to laboratory mice determined to have poor learning ability made the mice better learners. "This would be one of the safest and the easiest approaches to convert poor learners to good learners," said Kalipada Pahan, PhD, the lead researcher of the study and the Floyd A. Davis Professor of Neurology at Rush. Some people are born naturally good learners, some become good learners by effort, and some find it hard to learn new tasks even with effort. Little is known about the neurological processes that cause someone to be a poor learner and how to improve performance in poor learners. "Understanding brain mechanisms that lead to poor learning is important to developing effective strategies to improve memory and learning ability," Pahan said.

medicalxpress.com...

Cinnamon may be used to halt the progression of Parkinson's disease. This was published in 2014.

Neurological scientists at Rush University Medical Center have found that using cinnamon, a common food spice and flavoring material, can reverse the biomechanical, cellular and anatomical changes that occur in the brains of mice with Parkinson's disease (PD). The results of the study were recently published in the June 20 issue of the Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology.

The study found that after oral feeding, ground cinnamon is metabolized into sodium benzoate, which then enters into the brain, stops the loss of Parkin and DJ-1, protects neurons, normalizes neurotransmitter levels, and improves motor functions in mice with PD.

medicalxpress.com...

To Add:
Cinnamon is a highly delicious spice.

It has been prized for its medicinal properties for thousands of years.

Modern science has now confirmed what people have instinctively known for ages.

Here are 10 health benefits of cinnamon that are supported by scientific research.

1. Cinnamon is High in a Substance With Powerful Medicinal Properties

2. Cinnamon is Loaded With Antioxidants

3. Cinnamon Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties

4. Cinnamon May Cut the Risk of Heart Disease

5. Cinnamon Can Improve Sensitivity to The Hormone Insulin

6. Cinnamon Lowers Blood Sugar Levels and Has a Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect

7. Cinnamon May Have Beneficial Effects on Neurodegenerative Diseases

8. Cinnamon May Be Protective Against Cancer

9. Cinnamon Helps Fight Bacterial and Fungal Infections

10. Cinnamon May Help Fight The HIV Virus

authoritynutrition.com...

edit on 15 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Add

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Very interesting study, however, it only worked in mice, not humans. We have to wait for the clinical trials to see how it works with us, in vivo. But there has been previous research.

A cross sectional study in 2015 found that elderly people (60 and over) who consumed cinnamon daily had a higher working memory. However, the study was small and cinnamon users also used many other spices, like fresh ginger, for example.

I love cinnamon with my rice pudding!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It also changes the taste of your jizz.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
It also changes the taste of your jizz.

Stop eating your jizz and it won't affect your life in any way.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

how much cinnamon does one need?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I am sure a sprinkle here and there will suffice. In coffee, on deserts and in Curries..

How to Enjoy A Few Quick Serving Ideas Enjoy one of the favorite kids' classics—cinnamon toast—with a healthy twist. Drizzle flax seed oil onto whole wheat toast and then sprinkle with cinnamon and honey. Simmer cinnamon sticks with soymilk and honey for a deliciously warming beverage. Adding ground cinnamon to black beans to be used in burritos or nachos will give them a uniquely delicious taste. Healthy sauté lamb with eggplant, raisins and cinnamon sticks to create a Middle Eastern inspired meal. Add ground cinnamon when preparing curries.

www.whfoods.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I like a good cinnamon roll occasionally and also like a good cinnamon toast dunked in my coffee occasionally. cinnamon and sugar on apples tastes great too. Why would anyone take a pill that you can't even taste? Why would anyone eat cinnamon without a little sugar, sugar is an adjuvant for stuff like that. It increases the uptake of the cinnamon.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

As we all know Cinnamon is one of the best-known and most used spices in our kitchens. Beyond a healthy and natural warming fragrant spice, cinnamon has proven to possess properties that can cure many skin, health, and hair problems.

Cinnamon has enormous benefits. Below are the some of the common and best benefits with cinnamon for skin, hair and health care.

Skin benefits:

1. For those with acne or other blemishes on face, application of cinnamon paste can go a great distance as it has the ability to lighten blemishes.
2. It helps reduce the visible fine lines and enhances the skin tone.
3. It is also known to help prevent various skin infections and effectively heals the wounds.

Health Benefits:

1. Cinnamon helps in reducing cholesterol levels
2. It also promotes healthy weight loss
3. Will help in boosting brain functioning
4. Cinnamon is also believed to treats infertility
5. Relieves Insomnia

Hair Benefits:

1. It helps simulate hair growth
2. Cinnamon works as an amazing scalp cleanser too

You can find more information here:

Health Benefits Of Cinnamon

Hope it helps..

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Some cinnamons are high in B6, this neutralises homocysteine which is bad for the brain
www.bing.com...

and I can't remember the exact wording of this so this is rough, B6 combines with B9 and B12 to make something like a million new brain cells or some type of process in the brain a second, although I can't remember for sure what it contributes to as it was about 2 years ago that I read about this but it is along those lines
I must start taking B6 B9 and B12 hey

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunithapu
a reply to: Agartha

Health Benefits:

1. Cinnamon helps in reducing cholesterol levels

you do not want to reduce your cholesterol levels it is one of the most important compounds your body makes and replaces some nutrients especially the older you get.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes, you can add it to the hair mask and your hair would be much stronger, and as well be lighter ona shade or two. It's good for the insight and out, take a cinnamon tea or just a cinnamon in a water every day and your immune system would say thank you.

top topics

join