It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

covert landing near oil refinery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
just two days ago i was driving back into a small town where i live when crossing a brige i saw one police officer boxing up a parachutte (i saw the harness and rope!) the design on the chutte was of an american flag. i slowed down to a near 2 miles per hour because i wanted to see what else was found. as i slowed my vehicle two other police cars came screaming to the scene and officers immediatley jumped to the side rail and began looking over the barrier for im assuming a person in the brush. now the reason im posting this here is for good reason. i know a contract worker who works at the refinery and he has told me some strange crap about the company.

what i would like to see replied to this are of course your thoughts and opinions but more importantly i would like to know if anyone can create a link to or some document indicating what if any oil refinery's are terrorist targets.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'd say just about every oil refinery is a potential terrorist target.

Can we have more details ??

Where are you and what oil refinery are you talking about ???

Are you near a U.S airbase ??

If it is a parachute it sounds like a USAF pilot ejecting or someone involved in an air display.

An Arab terrorist isn't going to come in with a Stars and Stripes Parachute !!!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
northern oklahoma
conoco phillips
one of the things i thought was funny was the scanners were kept silent on it. i had mine on. there are two small airports within 20 miles of refinery. they don't appear to be government military but have a lot of military lookin jets and helicopters comming through. mostly at night and flying as low as 250 feet. i dont know anything really about military aircraft.
about two and a half months ago there was an arrest made for someone taking pictures of the refinery from the bridge (which is a federal offense) i read in a newspaper that on that day the captured a high ranking terrorist suspect here. this is a pretty small town of only 19000 people.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If it was a "covert" infiltration as you suggest, then why would the parachutists be using a chute showing the US flag?

I reckon its a parachutist thats strayed off course and landed where he shouldn't.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'll tell you what it could have been. It could have been a big flag that had blown off of it's pole or perhaps a cover for a open truck.

It would have been reported to the police as a hazard.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Perhaps it was some ludicrous form of a protest?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

i know a contract worker who works at the refinery and he has told me some strange crap about the company.

What strange crap has he told you?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What strange crap has he told you?

probably stuff about people landing and trying to hide from the authorities whilst wearing day glow water proofs.

Then again it might be about people camping there in tents made out of flags from the relevant countries they are from.

new topics

top topics

join