It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our ancestors and our dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I love dogs, i cant see my life without a drewling animal.. In society we have bred the most unique dogs, we take them to dogshows and put them on display for the world to see.. The owners hope their dogs wins a prize so they can bred that award winning dog.. Generations of dogs come and go and that genetic genepool starts to show certain traits.. Less aggresive is rewarded, height, weight, stature and looks..

The dog was once a wolf, our ancestors found a symbiotic relationship.. When the food sources was low, they feed them and in return they helped us.. And the closer the wolves got to our ancestors, well, the more they became the dogs we see today.. We can train them to do mostly anything given enough time and resources..

And to be truthful, this was really not about dogs..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

wolves likely first were domesticated after they started to hang out, probably during times of starvation in harsh winters, around humans living in caves and wasting their food scraps around the area

then wolves started to change into dogs as they adapted to scavenging the first rubbish tips created by first cities of our civilisation

interesting story

dogs are great and a lot of their priorities still having to do with being fed makes them adorable

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Cheers.

a reply to: tikbalang

join