It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever heard of Larry Gordon? Killed 2 officers yesterday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

My son is in the Marines. The reason they don't want the young folks wearing uniforms off duty is because they don't want the Corps to look bad when the inevitable happens off-post: the young folk have fun, goof off, drink a bit and act like fools.

I got the same instructions as a young man in the Army. There was no talk of assassins.

However, I was stationed in West Germany during the aftermath of the Berlin Disco bombing (1986), when American GI's were targeted and killed - while in civilian clothes. During the next 6 months our post commander would NOT let us go off post unless we were in uniform, and had to travel in pairs. It was also during this era (cold war) that no service member was allowed to visit East Berlin unless they were wearing Class A dress uniforms.

I do not know where you are getting your assassin information from (isn't that a game the kids play?) but is does not jibe with my actual experience .

I don't think you can correct me - I lived the life.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

My son is in the Marines. The reason they don't want the young folks wearing uniforms off duty is because they don't want the Corps to look bad when the inevitable happens off-post: the young folk have fun, goof off, drink a bit and act like fools.

I got the same instructions as a young man in the Army. There was no talk of assassins.

However, I was stationed in West Germany during the aftermath of the Berlin Disco bombing (1986), when American GI's were targeted and killed - while in civilian clothes. During the next 6 months our post commander would NOT let us go off post unless we were in uniform, and had to travel in pairs. It was also during this era (cold war) that no service member was allowed to visit East Berlin unless they were wearing Class A dress uniforms.

I do not know where you are getting your assassin information from (isn't that a game the kids play?) but is does not jibe with my actual experience .

I don't think you can correct me - I lived the life.

I served as well, as have many of my friends. From 2007 to 2013, thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well then what is this crap about assassins?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

How and why is key to the killing of cops..did this guy commit a crime then flew and kill the cops or did he just go and kill some cops.

Context is key here

So cop killings are only outrageous in certain contexts? Some cop killings don't matter?

Yes some cop killings don't matter passed the actual event; there are certain hazards that come with the job.

Being hurt/killed by dangerous criminals they are guarding or perusing is a hazard of the job.

Being assassinated for political reasons is not a hazard of the job; and so when it happens the events matter.

Being assassinated for political reasons is not a hazard of the job? Any source to back this up?

No; sorry only common sense

Strange, considering any law enforcement and military guy/gal will tell you that they are advised to not wear their uniform while off-duty due to the threat of being assassinated for exactly that; political reasons. It's in most PD manuals as well, just ask a cop.

You are wrong, but don't worry, I've corrected you.

Yea; ok so where is your source material?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

Well then what is this crap about assassins?

Last I checked you brought that word into this thread, I referenced it after you, so; you tell us.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
yep, around here the baliffs are part of the sheriffs department.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Your quote:

Strange, considering any law enforcement and military guy/gal will tell you that they are advised to not wear their uniform while off-duty due to the threat of being assassinated for exactly that; political reasons. It's in most PD manuals as well, just ask a cop.

"Assassinated" indicates an assassin. Your words.

I'm done with you. Either you can't pay attention or you don't want to.

<< 1   >>

join