It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon go, next level spying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

OK, after got done laughing at this for the joke that it is, being a member of ATS, I thought what if this is the governments latest and greatest way of letting them spy on us, I mean they make you sign an agreement to use their product, you agree to let them see info in your devices, and you are literally having people walk around with their cameras on recording not to mention the possibility that they could walk someone right out into traffic, or the edge of a building or into a dangerous construction site, or a drug dealers house. I know everybody likes to use the 1984 reference around here so let's all have at it and throw our opinions in here, I'm sorry it's going to be about 10 hours before I can check back in, I'm about to go to work.

edit on Mon20167V201656731 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Little kids knocking on strangers doors and asking to check out their back yards? Yeah, nothing can go wrong here.

Just wow...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Snapchat, Pokemon Go, all of these apps are perfect for the surveillance state. The best part about it is the user has to agree to the Terms and Conditions and is thereby giving consent.

I got really freaked out with the SnapChat face-swap feature. Come to find out, SnapChat has stored something like 2 dozen different versions of my "face" and this can be transplanted on to someone else's body so it looks like it's me.

They make it appealing and "cool" by making filters that pertain to "Summer fun" or "4th of July", etc. so everybody wants to do it. Little do they know this facial recognition software is cataloging all of these faces and PROBABLY sending to the NSA (if NSA doesn't already have backdoor access that is).

Honestly, it scares the hell out of me. There's no way of getting away from it though, it's all around us at this point. And the kids are more glued to their devices than ever before. Our society has been poisoned by this junk and I fear for this younger generation and our country's future.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The criminals have already figured out how to use it to jack people as well! Sounds cute but IMO BAD IDEA.

Armed Robbers Used 'Pokemon Go' App to Lure Victims, Police Say

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This game is going to get axed. Pikalawsuit. That random dead body found likely not random.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
"two cute little knocks"
the tyranny of cuteness! lol

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

If it really has added billions to Nintendo's portfolio as claimed, they'd be silly not to buy them out.

More to the point, why can I not get this game?

For research purposes, of course.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

That's not the best of it

Pokemon Go player finds dead body in Wyoming river while searching for a Pokestop

Go looking for Pokemon, end up finding dead people lol

And the underworld are even playing the game for nefarious means

Pokémon Go: armed robbers use mobile game to lure players into trap

What could possibly go wrong ?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
They don't need us to spy on each other, cameras are slowly being installed everywhere, facial recognition software will tell who and where you are.

Yah, it works, thats why they made Burkas and hoodies illegal, because they hide facial features. I won't go into tinted windows, or motorcycle helmet visors.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt

OK, after got done laughing at this for the joke that it is, being a member of ATS, I thought what if this is the governments latest and greatest way of letting them spy on us, I mean they make you sign an agreement to use their product, you agree to let them see info in your devices, and you are literally having people walk around with their cameras on recording not to mention the possibility that they could walk someone right out into traffic, or the edge of a building or into a dangerous construction site, or a drug dealers house. I know everybody likes to use the 1984 reference around here so let's all have at it and throw our opinions in here, I'm sorry it's going to be about 10 hours before I can check back in, I'm about to go to work.

Too bad the article is fake. You don't know what Pokemon you're about to catch will show up until it does show up. To further that the Pokemon you find differs from users. You don't actually find the same Pokemon in the same place and have to fight for them it's all just randomized depending on your level.

This app is so overhyped it's getting sad.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The truth is the government already tracks civilians via their mobile phones. They don't need Pokemon GO to do it. They have their own programs and help from the likes of Google.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Or really insideous, they are using it to make us get more execrise. I just talked to a co-worker that stated she walked 4 miles around a lake just to look for pokemon on pokemon go. Usually walks one mile.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Nothing is real anymore.

Anyway, OP, very astute observation.

It's not enough that everyone is willingly providing FB and Instagram with every detail of their own lives, now the app and others like it have turned our fellow citizens into spies, the handlers being cute, disarming little anime creatures to make it seem just oh so innocuous and fun.
edit on 11-7-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't even care because I'm on my way to be the very best, like no one ever was! To catch them, is my real test, to train them is my cause!!! I'm gonna travel, across the land, searching far and wide! Each pokemon, to understand, the power that's inside!!!!!!!

-Alee

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Too bad the article is fake. You don't know what Pokemon you're about to catch will show up until it does show up. To further that the Pokemon you find differs from users. You don't actually find the same Pokemon in the same place and have to fight for them it's all just randomized depending on your level.

Actually, if you use your brain a little, it's very easy to deduce which pokemon will show up & where using the info the game provides. Also, the pokemon out in the open will be pretty much identical to everyone nearby. For example, I caught a Staryu a few cars down my place, I then told my cousin exactly where to find it - and he did. Everytime one pops up on his cell or mine, the same one pops up on the other's soon after.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
...you are literally having people walk around with their cameras on recording...

The cameras aren't recording....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodstream7

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Actually, if you use your brain a little, it's very easy to deduce which pokemon will show up & where using the info the game provides. Also, the pokemon out in the open will be pretty much identical to everyone nearby. For example, I caught a Staryu a few cars down my place, I then told my cousin exactly where to find it - and he did. Everytime one pops up on his cell or mine, the same one pops up on the other's soon after.

If I use my brain a little? LMAO. So if by your logic why is it that I can catch different Pokemon in the same place on my IPhone and my IPad? Because you know I'm looking at both of them right now as I type. Yep different Pokemon in the same place.

Next time try to possibly use your brain before making yourself look like a fool and understand exactly how the game works.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I side with its not true considering I saw the exact same post on Reddit a few days ago using a different kind of Pokemon instead of Pikachu.

If governments want to spy on us they don't need a game to do so. They already have the tools to see any one any time as long as you're connected to the system......

Plus on the topic of this game. It may seems silly at first(if you're old(uninterested))..... and yeah some people who walk around at 12-1am may get mugged etc. But it's called common sense if it's late head out in a big group, If you can't get a group of people going stay home and chill til it's morning. In the end it's a game that makes players get out doors and explore the beautiful world we live in, yeah you're not getting outdoors to play a sport but you still have to walk around and get some exercise while doing so. I'd say if there's a game that exists that has any benefits to playing It this would be one of them.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What scares me is the crave that took off, it has been a couple of days and people are already "addicted" it's pretty damn scary. It is literally everywhere

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The camera is on for the Augmented reality part to show the pokemon in the real world, so yes the camera is recording and could potentially transmit the data, it however isn't saving the recorded data to the users phone

a reply to: FredWreck

Why ? It's as close as anyone is going to get to actually being a real life Poke master, don't underestimate the Pokemon craze
edit on 11/7/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join