It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
ATHENS -- Three men suffered burns when a moonshine still exploded inside a brick garage at a residence in Athens.
Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely said the men were making home-made wine in a 25-gallon still when it blew up Saturday night and splashed them with hot mash. A juvenile was at the home but not seriously injured.
Blakely said the three men sought treatment at an Athens hospital, where doctors thought the injuries were odd and called the sheriff's office.
Investigator Randy Burroughs said the owner of the house, Doug Powers, lost part of his finger earlier while using a potato grinder. He suffered 3rd degree burns in the explosion and was transferred to UAB Hospital's burn unit.