It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me create or identify a mythical creature from this guy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

So... we had a couple of trees fall down in our driveway on Friday night. It was a pretty big thunderstorm and the high winds from that storm took them out..lol

Yesterday we started the clean up process (which, if you want a good workout, this is one which will leave you aching for days afterwards...you'll feel the burn!) and even though I wanted to... my dad wouldn't let me use the saw...but that's a rant forum thread.

Anyhow.. the whole reason I am posting this is because as we were moving the heavy, totally too big to carry blocks of wood from the driveway to behind the garage...I noticed this piece and took a picture.

I know it's pareidolia, but my active imagination just thought of a ton of mythical creatures it could be.. I searched online and found only one that would look similar smushed like this (hard to tell though, never seen one smushed)... a tree goblin.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything similar to this or has a better idea of what mythical creature it mostly looks like? I am going to write about the little guy, as my imagination won't let this one not be turned into a short story.

But before I go with a Tree Goblin.. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something better than that out there in the mythical creature realm..
Some other creature that would look similar if they were smushed like he was.. or if anyone would like to take a shot at writing a story about him or making up their own mythical creature from this guy..feel free to do so.

I would love to see/read them...any thoughts/ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks ,
blend57

edit on 10-7-2016 by blend57 because: edited the title..

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Early in life two trees became one.

Looks like, ET, Big bird.

And termites if I'm not mistaken. Careful you don''t store those logs out back too near a wooden structure.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well a woodland elemental, I believe is the earth elemental relation... tree sprite? A name that I've known and emidiatly thought upon looking, ADJhin perhaps due too the container shape?
I can't use saw either! Mommy said so.
Thanks Blend,
Will focus on the greenery stunning!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda!

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
in Manly Wade Wellman's 'John the Balladeer' stories he mentions 'night trees', trees that looked ordinary by day but prowled at night, apparently carnivorous.
he also mentions a type of house called a 'Gardinel', which can be identified by having a cloth or blanket 'door'. Gardinels are carnivorous and will digest unwary people who go in. Presumably if you use Night Tree wood to build your house it becomes a Gardinel.
edit on 10-7-2016 by ElGoobero because: fix line

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No termites..these are very old trees..the one that you see the base in is full of roots..the second pic down I believe. But no termites to be found..we were worried about that at first too.

a reply to: peppycat

hmm...tree sprite. I never looked for those..thank you peppycat! I can't believe your dad won't let you use the saw either! At least I'm not alone...

a reply to: disclosure

lol..kinda does look like him ..doesn't it? I wonder how he got smushed in a tree...

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Wow..that is scary ...but interesting. Are there any non people eating versions of these night trees?

thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's a giant silverfish!

They have been laying dormant until just the right time to strike from within our toilets.

*B horror flick material at least*

Nice pic

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

lol.. those things are gross! I hope it isn't that..and now I'm gonna have to check the toilet before I use it each time..rofl, thanks!

I always do anyways..because I saw this once:

Some swearing in that video

thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I like the way you see things. It took me a minute to see that how you did. Thank you for giving me a new perspective to view it from..

Thanks,
blend57

FYI.. I will be in and out all day. Still cleaning up the trees. We lost a gnome... and I'm stuck on tree stump removal..I guess I whined too much about not being able to use the saw...

Thanks for all the creative and unique responses.

blend57

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I gave S/F eariler. Now I know. It's Domo1's avatar crushed by tree. Lol sorry Domo1.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Quantum12

Omg! you could be right!! lol

Sorry as well Domino...Quantum made me do it.. *points finger at Quantum12 accusingly*

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 10-7-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Lol, I sent him the link. Your funny Blend!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

looks the the Bumble from Rudolph ....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
tinner07

lol..it does..

Ok..so far I have:

a sprite
silverfish
Master Oogway
Night Trees
Domino (again, this wasn't my Idea.. Quantum!!)
Bumble,
and Spiral goddess

Such a variety of different things.. all interesting and unique. Hard to choose...

Thanks so far for the responses ... and the smiles.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The image shown is about what happened when the comet Shoemaker Levy 9 impacted.
edit on 10-7-2016 by THEMYKIL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Beautiful photos by the way. I wouldn't touch a thing.
Nice hand.
Very attractive.

new topics

top topics

join