It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Saves Seven-Year-Old From Rattlesnake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
At least she found a good home.

My current one is a rescue and she can be a bit funny with other dogs too. She is dead strange about food. Keeps hiding it for later and she was a very underweight 10 week old pup when we got her.

People who abuse dogs are right up there with ones who abuse kids in my list of people I'd like some alone time with.

She was with us for years, before having to be put down with multiple medical issues. I wimped out; made the hubby take her in. Couldn't do it.

Hiding food.....kinda funny. Just wants to be sure she has it, I guess. Know what you mean about the alone time, too! Kids and animals. No tolerance for that nonsense at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Just out of curiosity, when a cattle dog was bitten by a snake was it common practice to amputate the leg before the venom spread?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've known a few dogs who have kept an owner from stepping on a rattler. One dude had a rottweiler that died from the bite after killing the snake. Then a little jack russel killed a bigger snake and didn't die from the bite.

cats are better at keeping snakes under control. While we don't like having more than a couple in the neighborhood, we tolerate have a few of the strays for just that reason. Get more than one or two, and we set up the traps.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join