It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Saves Seven-Year-Old From Rattlesnake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
So a family adopts a 2 year old GSD and it jumps between the seven year old girl and a rattlesnake.

Glad to see the dog is being looked after and how happy must the parents be feeling with their choice now?

Good karma in spades.

news.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

No lie, same thing happened to a couple I knew once. After their Red Setter did the same thing, they changed its name to, Justyn Time.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Some times the bond between us and our pets becomes all too obvious.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

They're not called "Man's Best Friend" for no reason. Our dog is very timid but very loving. I know in my heart if my family was ever attacked by a stranger or animal, she would jump in to defend us. There's a bond between dogs and their family. The love and comfort they exchange on a daily basis permeates the souls of both human and animal. If you think dogs don't bond with people, you've never had the pleasure of owning one.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

That's so true.
Humans can be tricky, but if you love and nurture a dog, they repay you a thousand times over.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If it was a cat it probably would have pushed the little girl into the snake...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Haus a good boy

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I grew up with horses and horse people around around WA. SOOOO many 3 legged cattle dogs. I hate rattlesnakes with a freaking passion (I hate all snakes).

I remember being on a trail ride in Eastern WA on a pretty green mare and having a snake block our path. I was so glad the dogs had already run home. That little f-er was aggressive. One dude killed it with a large branch, cut off it's head and we tossed it in my saddle saddle bag. Taught me how to skin a snake when we got back. It still creeps me out thinking about it moving around headless. Hate 'em.

If you kill a rattlesnake make sure to have it bite something so it won't bite something you don't want bitten. Even if you cut off the head.

Dogs are amazing. A GSD isn't letting anything nasty near their family.

I'm glad the family is donating the money they don't need. I certainly don't think it's going to cost over $40,000 to treat the pup.

I freaking hate snakes.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I appreciated this.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
$44k from 'go fund me' for the dog...

I'm gonna flip this around, and try to raise money for psycho therapy sessions because my cat keeps taking dumps all over the house, knocking over beer bottles and standing on my face while I'm sleeping.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That's a nasty video. :-)

I am biased when it comes to GSD s.
They don't even seem to need training to protect their family.
My old boy was a total softy until he needed to show the world he was on duty.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
$44k from 'go fund me' for the dog...

I'm gonna flip this around, and try to raise money for psycho therapy sessions because my cat keeps taking dumps all over the house, knocking over beer bottles and standing on my face while I'm sleeping.

MAYBE IF YOU WOULD PET ME MORE I WOULDN"T HAVE TO RESROT TO THESE TACTICS! Also, tuna.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I've never owned one but that seems to be the impression I get from the dog park. I really love all the breeds you can't have in an apartment.

I love herding breeds more though, my Border Collie is pretty awesome. Irksome but awesome.

I'm such a dog wuss. I'm a grown ass tattooed man and if I see a dog in public I turn in to a little girl. "May I please pet your dog?".

This is pretty much me:

edit on 1020160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Nothing wrong at all with being like that. I'm exactly the same.
I know what you mean about collies. Mental cases the lot of them, incredibly fast and slinky though. That's why they are the first choice for agility comps.

My GSD bitch would be keen enough, but she'd just flatten all the obstacles rather than go through, round or over them. She isn't very graceful

To be honest, cats affect me the same way. I was thinking about going to a cat rescue place with the Mrs, but would have come home with about 200 of the things so had to swerve it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

What a good dog! Glad he seems to be recovering, and wow, great choice on the part of the family!

A good dog is hard to beat.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Totally. On every level a dog is great for your family. From giving the kids someone to love and care for, letting them understand what it means to not be selfish, right through to protection.
A few years ago we had a compost heap out back and got a rat infestation, our old dog turned out to be quite the ratter. One morning one of the things appeared in the bathroom when my daughter was having a shower. She screamed, he burst in and stamped on the rat, squashing it flat. She used her own money to buy him a treat after that.
I also never had to worry about her when she took him for a walk. No one was ever getting withing 10 yards of her unless she wanted them to and at home, she never risked being cold as he'd just cuddle up to her and pin her down.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Another good dog! I want another like that. We have one dog at the moment, and she's a big cream puff. She will bark, rarely, though, so I suspect she might act if there was a real threat. Hope we never know! Older one, now she was a prize! Very sweet, and very protective. Rottie mix, and no one could have come near those kids, who was a threat, with her around. She knew who wasn't right. Could count on the fingers of one hand the people she didn't like. Know she chased off someone who broke a window one night. Steered us clear of a storm drain with a gator in it, for two weeks. Wanted to kill this one guy, hubby new from post, black ops fellow I called "snake boy" on sight. If I'd been there that day, instead of him, not sure I could have stopped her. Only snake around, that we saw, was a neighbor kid's pet, and she warned of it, but didn't attack. Didn't like it much, but that snake was harmless. Oh, I miss that dog!!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I sometimes wish people were more like dogs

Your old rottie mix sounds like a beaut. My kids love rotties, though because we have always had GSD's, they probably would go straight for another when it comes time to get their own.
It just comes down to what you are used to and how you treat them. I'm pretty sure that if you raise a pitbull in a normal, loving household, that you would end up with a well balanced softy around the house.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Oh, I'd welcome a shepherd as well! Both very good breeds. Shepherds can be funny about other dogs, though. Had one in AIT (Animal Care) that was like that. Great dog, but didn't like any others, at all. Being raised well does matter, of course! The one we had was a rescued dog, though, and had been abused when young. Still the best dog you could imagine, though it took a couple of weeks before we could raise anything up without her cringing. Enough, I'd like to have "met with" whoever had her before. Can't imagine hitting that dog! Never a problem. Want another, but waiting for the right one to come along. Day we got her, I was actually looking for a retriever, and saw the ad. Hubby asked why we needed to drive all that way to see one that wasn't what I wanted, and I didn't really have an answer, just needed to go. Loved her on sight. All eager, bouncy, excited (about a year old), and could not leave without her.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
At least she found a good home.

My current one is a rescue and she can be a bit funny with other dogs too. She is dead strange about food. Keeps hiding it for later and she was a very underweight 10 week old pup when we got her.

People who abuse dogs are right up there with ones who abuse kids in my list of people I'd like some alone time with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join