It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I figured we could all use a little mood lightening.

Teachers from Kings Hill Primary School in Kent spotted the leg poking out from a cubicle whilst taking their class of year 4 children swimming at Larkfield Leisure Centre.

They believed it belonged to a “peeping Tom” and after alerting staff evacuated the 60 children from the pool post-haste.

I'm really sort of confused about what the threat here actually was. So they saw a leg and the first thought was evacuate all the children? My first conclusion would not be that the leg belonged to a pedophile, just another pool patron or something (and I get they thought it was a real leg and attached to someone).

Yet upon investigation it was found that the leg belonged to a disabled man who had left it on the floor of the cubicle while he went for a swim.

It seems like such a weird and overblown response I can't stop laughing. Were there not supposed to be any other people at the pool? I feel like I've seen a lot of legs at the pool without thinking they belonged to a pedophile.

Link

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
People have been conditioned to see an Indian behind every tree.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Is this a genuine story or is someone pulling our leg ?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The leg owner had been swimming in circles for hours

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have a friend with no legs and I am offended by this. We should all march in protest and boycott all the OPs threads....

He actually works construction, not the fastest fella on the job but does damn good.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well I could go out on a limb and say he is not all there

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Had to chuckle at this one. Reminded me of this prank!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
People have been conditioned to see an Indian behind every tree.

Interesting. I agree with our short summation. Makes me wonder if this 'condition' can explain other 'conditions' we find around us all day long. Like how EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. Or every thing is Obama's fault. Or how when Mr. Trump smiles it is the smile of a Nazi.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
Is this a genuine story or is someone pulling our leg ?

[/quote

Disgraceful comment !

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot!

I'll see myself out

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So the leg was showing looking like maybe the other was hiding and staying still in a cubical.

It does seem odd to evacuate but with such little ones better safe than sorry, what if he (suspected hidden guy) were violent and grabbed someone?

Our neighboring town had a pedephile teaching the toddlers to swim.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Sure nothing like a stupid pedophile incident to brighten my day, guess your not a victim, if you were you would not find this so amusing I am guessing, I for one think it is in very poor taste and completely insensitive.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Yes, you hop off before I manage to disgrace myself any further.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
To be honest, the teachers are useless. They could have checked.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Just popped in to check if I had read the title correctly. I now see that I had and shall pop out again accompanied by this brief melody.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
all i can say is...

top topics

join