It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Ghost Stories - Paranormal Tales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Real Ghost Stories - Paranormal Tales

This is a new series I'm working on. Kind of old time style radio, tales of paranormal stories from people around the world submitted to sites. I can't tell you if these stories are true or not but they are real in the sense they are stories from users perspectives and lives. I leave it up to you to decide if they are true.

This is only the beginning and as time goes I would like to incorporate more visual and audio touches into it. I know I am not even close to pro and sincerely, I am not trying to be. I've just always enjoyed reading out loud and through my strange journey of creating videos and researching the paranormal, I have found myself here.

Thank you for checking this out.

Video Link: www.youtube.com...

edit on 7/8/2016 by mcx1942 because: add in

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey, just wondering. I'm a long time visitor and contributor to Your Ghost Stories. Are you a site owner? How do you obtain permissions to republish the stories?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Honestly, my channel is not monetized and I didn't even think if I might need permission. I made this purely out of my passion for the paranormal and my odd creativity I have right now.

But now I've looked into it and feel I may have made a mistake by trying to create this. I truly did not make this thinking anything nefarious, in fact quite the opposite, I wanted to give a voice to the people. As well, I really enjoy reading out loud.

I did give credit but do not want any trouble out of this. Do you think I should just make this video private or delete it?

I will also to get all my duck in order for the next time I try this.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

I'm not a copyright lawyer by any stretch of the imagination but saying that a few years ago I put together a few ghost stories and shared them online, YouTube and Facebook and didn't get into any issue with the people who told those stories as real. I was never complained to or asked to remove their stories. From what I've since learned, you only need to worry about copyright ownership if the person comes after you and if they do all you have to do is either remove the story, pay them or get permission. And the fact that you are making no money from it it is very hard for someone to claim you're damaging their ghost story or supernatural story without them either proving that they are planning to publish the story themselves or are out right stating something like "You are making this (blank) up and you're talking rubbish".

All you're doing is presenting the story as you believe it was told. I really don't think you're breaking any laws here again I'm not a lawyer so don't take my words as gospel but I'm sure there is something called fair use and also, to the copyright thing, it can only be claimed if the person comes after you, and says that you're infringing on their property otherwise I honestly doubt you're breaking any laws. If I were you I'd continue what you're doing and use Fair use as your basis for using the stories but my advice for future works is that you mention the persons name so that if they come after you you can say that you mentioned the stories was theirs and that you were only sharing it.

(Remember, I'm using my own experience and not any legal knowledge beyond the research that I've done. Fair use tends to be the best defense when it comes to things and make sure you make NO MONEY, that's the only real reason most people go after those they think have stolen their stories etc.) Hope this helps.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Dwoodward85 because: stupid mistake

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I only asked because I hadn't heard of anyone making the stories into a new show. I'm sure lots of people would participate if you asked!

top topics

join