It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cursed' statue found in Catskills cave

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
amazing to me no one has any authority or enough self esteem to deal with black occult

just get some mojo and stand for yourself and peers....

good gravy, you have power in this world, time to go get some. basic instructions before leaving earth...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this. This was a spectacular read.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

The pics look like a hasty attempt to make it look old and tarnished. Both the "rope" and "tacks" look very present day Walmart cheap. Sorry to wreck the fun.

I have a friend who thinks in this exact fashion. If a photo of an alleged UFO, alien, ghost or cryptid doesn't look like he thinks it should look, then it's a hoax. No doubt.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There are so many important and / or beautiful things to see in this world, things so many a lifetime isn't enough but instead of seeking them people sit and watch this nonsense on live feeds.

Seriously people, regardless of if you believe in all this or it just interests you, please use your time on the planet to see stuff that really WILL give you both knowledge and a true sense of wonderment.

Looking at a newly carved bit of wood with new string around its neck and nails in the eyes simply isn't the same..

Also, halfway down the site its from you get the word Advertisement all on its own, maybe adblock blocked something but it simply seems to say what the whole story is, an advert for the site, something to get your teeth in to. A fun story but I'm sure its a cheap story, fleshed out and at some point will involve offering cash..

Cynical, yes, that's me...
edit on 7-7-2016 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Telling people that the things they find interesting and wonderful are stupid and that they are wasting their time with them...

Has given me a unique sense of wonderment, thank you.

Pray tell what things would the expert on what people SHOULD find interesting recommend?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Cool story and what a creepy looking statue! I think it should of been left where it was.
Thanks for a sharing

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

There are some evil people in the world that would resort to this sort of thing. Even over disagreements. i am not sure this is legit at all but there are cases where objects have been imbued with "dark magic" and unfortunately a lot of people have fallen prey to the evil that exists in some humans' souls. That's not mentioning demons and other evil haunts.
edit on 7-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I wonder if this could be some elaborate viral marketing campaign for an upcoming horror film, like the release of the Blair Witch Project. If "The Crone" or something comes out in a few months, then we'll know. The only thing that comes up under that name is an episode of a Japanese film series, which does not sound like it's at all related to this.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Telling people that the things they find interesting and wonderful are stupid and that they are wasting their time with them...

Has given me a unique sense of wonderment, thank you.

Pray tell what things would the expert on what people SHOULD find interesting recommend?

Already told you that, please keep up...

Seriously, if you find a story from the internet with ZERO proof interesting then you knock yourself out, personally I'd rather glimpse at the awe of what I know is REAL out there and enjoy that..

Btw, that sense of wonderment, please, dear oh dear, we Brits love irony but we also like it served with common sense. Its a story on a website with nothing to corroborate it and you find it enough to semi argue about. Come on, show a bit of reality on this, lean too far and you will post that "anything on the Internet is real"...

Its a story on a forum dedicated to such things, be real, people use this place to advertise and get off on posting nonsense...

Be interested like I am but please don't lose the simple logic needed here....If it sounds crap and there's no proof then just maybe it IS crap...Until some arrives then it should stay that way...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here's where ATS etc fail and its impossible to fully fix...

I love the UFO and political forums but TRUTH is also at a total dribble in these places, all is based upon old testaments, dubious documents and the newer hard to check CGI nonsense / newer tech that allows should we say 'embellishment'. Now I always try to see both sides although I believe we have been visited at some point in time but as I can't prove it I never 'attack' people, I question them but at he end of the day what they believe is up to them.

Some people simply forget that there are people who venture here to make money, be it to promote a book, pretend they found some evidence or worse still to point towards a story they created to mislead people who find the subject interesting.

Sorry, but it happens...

That makes people like me easy to show as some sort of charlatan rather than the real person...

I simply ask people to RESEARCH, don't take my or another source, seek multiple sources and then research more..

Attacking me won't make the story more real, it simply does say something that people refuse to hear...

Paul...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

This picture looks staged, the rope looks like new cord not old. Guess i am the only one thinking this is faked.
Thinking it's fake is a good place to start. I'm a some what reluctant believer and if it's not something I've experienced personally I usually go with BS first and work from there. There is just too much falicy out there to take any other stance imo. However, your assumption that this doll/idol whatever needs to be OLD to be a real piece of a ritual doesn't make sense to me. They said it looked like someone had been in the cave recently so that thing could have been put there maybe just hours before the two hikers showed up.
edit on 7-7-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NDMagoo
I wonder if this could be some elaborate viral marketing campaign for an upcoming horror film, like the release of the Blair Witch Project. If "The Crone" or something comes out in a few months, then we'll know. The only thing that comes up under that name is an episode of a Japanese film series, which does not sound like it's at all related to this.
It absolutely could be that lol

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

your assumption that this doll/idol whatever needs to be OLD to be a real piece of a ritual doesn't make sense to me.

There seems to be an effort to make the object appear old, a regular old carving should have done the trick, why age the look, again I just saw that as a factor in it being fake and more scary.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Here's where ATS etc fail and its impossible to fully fix...

I love the UFO and political forums but TRUTH is also at a total dribble in these places, all is based upon old testaments, dubious documents and the newer hard to check CGI nonsense / newer tech that allows should we say 'embellishment'. Now I always try to see both sides although I believe we have been visited at some point in time but as I can't prove it I never 'attack' people, I question them but at he end of the day what they believe is up to them.

That is simply untrue. If you believe this, you haven't done much UFO research beyond the forums of ATS. There are plenty of very credible sightings. Multiple (and credible) witnesses, extended sightings, improbable flight characteristics, radar returns, you name it. And many are discussed here. Unfortunately the decent discussions disappear quickly, and the ridiculous reports garner over 100 pages. That is the baffling bit. I can only assume some folks want to keep the ridiculous from disappearing, and would rather see the credible sightings sink out of sight.

As far as the statue goes, why does it need to be old? I don't think age is an indication of what it may or may not be. It could have been a repurposed statue used for other purposes. Could be utter bunk too. However, this was a reddit topic.. and the couple that runs that traveling paranormal museum received it from the one that found it. Supposedly tested it extensively, have shown it to others, and many feel it is not normal. So really, are they bunk, is the real question. If not, it could be the real deal. If they are frauds, then it's probably fake. They have videos of it moving, and so either it's a huge hoax.. or something mysterious.

edit on 7-7-2016 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2016 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Shadows. I just want to say, I lived in a "haunted" house once. It's a long story, but I laughed at the haunted description at the outset. That whole mess caused years of heartache and trouble.

Story goes, some sacrifices and at least one family member met their end too soon for the sake of old lottery winnings. The place was cursed.

Maybe this is a hoax, but in my experience, shadows, whatever they are, are real enough for whatever reason. I wouldn't give you two plug nickels for that witchy doll. The hikers were idiots if any of this is true.

I wouldn't live in, visit or in any way bother with a haunted anything. It's not worth the headache.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'd honestly probably do the same, if I had found an idol in a cave. For most, paranormal doesn't pop into your head.. archaeology does. Not sure why folks are so hard on the guys that found it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So where are the photos from the hikers? Two young hikers in a desolate area without a ph and no home pics once they got back? Surely they would have taken some. Not that it matters much, but the only pics are from a media Co? I find it a little to convenient, that the story and object fell in to the hands of a media company that tours with supposedly haunted/cursed artifacts. Oh, and lets not forget about that TV show.

Also seems silly that they would put dirt/moss all over it in the staged pic. Almost as though their story presentation changed along the way. I think that photo was originally taken as a "hey look at what we just found" pic. But....thats the skeptic in me thinking aloud.

Sorry, but I'm not buying.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I am being completely honest with what I am writing here.
I just read the whole article, watched the video, and as I come to the end I get a phone call with no called ID. My heart sank, I answered it, nobody responded. Super freaked out.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

This picture looks staged, the rope looks like new cord not old. Guess i am the only one thinking this is faked.

If I came across this, I would take a one way trip to Nopeville. Turn around and never look back.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It was a good story I'll give them that but then hey, he is a writer! Lol... I mean he doesn't have any reason what-so-ever to make this whole thing up does he? Not like he wants to make money from this... Oh wait... XD

Yeah colour me sceptical, but I did enjoy the read.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join