It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me a single reason

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Germans were very civilised and modern and it was only the 40s and there was Hollywood and cars and theatres and swimming pools and fashion and magazines, not much different from today minus some technology. Still it happened.

What are you talking about?

Germany was Prusia before WW1..

Prussia - Wikipedia

Its easy forgetting there was a world before WW2

And you are even a European, well sorta.. You voted yourself out of Europe..

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Love it ... someone lecturing someone who lived it on history.

We are all well aware that Germany was something else before WWI, but maybe you are forgetting that WWI was circa 1918 which was a full 22 years before WWII?

A lot of people overlooked that the Nazi party and Hitler swept in and radically changed the face of Germany for the seeming better before he started WWII. Everything in both Italy and Germany seemed to be so shiny and wonderful and modern. All the world was talking about how fascism was the way of the future because of how good and prosperous things looked in both those countries.

The rest of the world was mired in the midst of the Depression, don't forget. Even FDR was talking about openly and admiringly of fascism and how it was the way of the future. Sound familiar?

Nothing new under the sun ...

At any rate, part of the success of Hitler and the Nazis and Mussolini in turning their economies around was that they were gearing up big time for war.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

But it does seem wonderful doesnt it, getting rid of the state mafia for protection,cause;" i can do my own protection.. " Why should the state have my money;" They dont offer me anything.." Well they do, its just the things you take for granted..

When the "reptilian brain" kicks down your door, intending to maybe torture and rape you to death, you just reach for the phone instead of the gun, see where that state protection gets you.

Thats an extreme example of course. But a private protection gun would at least give someone a pause to eject , running instead of robbing, too.

Edit: Hopefully you have time and can get to both the gun and the phone--

"I'm armed and I've called the cops!"

Personally, I'm not that nice. My reptile brain is not going to let someone get the drop on me in my own castle.
edit on 3-7-2016 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You mean, Northern Europe was liberated, freedom and Justice for all... Instead of accepting it, they said;" Nope "
When a nation has a history of 300 years, its hard to reference to anything else then what you know..

Northern Europe and its culture is very old, not a simple 300 years.. We know exactly what we are choosing...

Nordics said," uhm... Let these weird people have their way, we just do like we always do.. "

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Now you just said it,

When the "reptilian brain" kicks down your door, intending to maybe torture and rape you to death, you just reach for the phone instead of the gun

Do you see a faulty system? Or do you think it works? People are allowed to be people... The land of the free, is the only nation that has a over 10k deaths with a gun.. on their own soil.. You are killing each other.. dont you see? You are still in the Jungle

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yes, you got to determine your own course again rather than become good little Nazis breeding up the master race for der fuhrer and burning all those with the Jewish taint in the ovens.

That you are getting to make your strangely pointless comments now is because of that.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Now you just said it,

When the "reptilian brain" kicks down your door, intending to maybe torture and rape you to death, you just reach for the phone instead of the gun

Do you see a faulty system? Or do you think it works? People are allowed to be people... The land of the free, is the only nation that has a over 10k deaths with a gun.. on their own soil.. You are killing each other.. dont you see? You are still in the Jungle

Oh the horror!

We are killing more of each other with cars annually. Why aren't you griping about that?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My comments are pointless to you, cause you see it differently.. You place ideals instead of using a gift we were given from mother nature called "Common sense"..
Well when a carcrash happens how many of these cases are deliberate? Why do you think they are referred to as accidents?

A person with a gun, you are gonna say, well its the gun that kills someone.. No, you still have to pull the trigger..
With the car, if you ran into a crowd with the car, i wouldnt call it an accident..

Or do you think 10k cases with a gun has a 99% accident rate? no, no,no

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

With the taking of life there has to be intent. Doesn't matter if it is a car, gun, tire iron or table leg. If you have intent of killing then it is murder, if not it is an accident.

You can use a lot of different things to kill.
edit on 3-7-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Human error

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Right

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So every case of a carcrash, airplane, bicycle, is cause they wanted to hurt someone..

and human errors dont exist? Wow, talk about placing humans on their own divine creation..

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just wondering are you also jigglypuff

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Law abiding citizens aren't doing the killing. We have these huge areas of diverse subculture, including gangs, corrupt authorities and government, police state type cops, veterans who have suffered horribly at the hands of our renegade government, the biggest organized crime syndicate in the world. If they are waging endless wars, why shouldn't the ones on the brink?

The few crazies that do the most heinous crimes are sensationalized by the media, creating an ever growing number of them and their 'pursuits'.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Now you just said it,

Oh the horror!

We are killing more of each other with cars annually. Why aren't you griping about that?

Thanks, lets not forget cigarettes drugs and alcohol. Whatever the main stream media is pushing is the biggest killer, thats whats on everyones mind.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Now you just said it,

Oh the horror!

Thanks, lets not forget cigarettes drugs and alcohol. Whatever the main stream media is pushing is the biggest killer, thats whats on everyones mind.

And 24oz sodas, at least in my state

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: intrptr

Now you just said it,

Oh the horror!

And 24oz sodas, at least in my state

Yep, deep fry it, coat it in sugar and America gobbles it down with a bucket of "Soda". cholesterol and fat and heart disease. You ever see all those TV commercials for blood 'thinner' medicine?

We're a nation of instant gratification addicts, and its killing us,

We now return you to your regular, guns terror islam aphobe broadcasting.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The oneglaring problem with this philosophy is that unless all people, everywhere, respect and live by it, it is a danger to those who try to.
All it takes is for one country in the current form to still exist, anywhere, and all other people are threatened. Bob and his family may be perfectly capable of defending themselves from Steve and his family. But they'd be in no way able to defend themselves against General John and his modern mechanized military forces. So Bob, Steve, Ed, all their neighbors and families would have to band together for the common defense. But, then, who's in charge? How is this force fed, transported, supplied? How do they manufacture the necessary equipment to fight of the invaders? Where do the raw materials to make these things come from, and how are they acquired.
Sure, everyone could donate whatever they wished towards the goal, or even repurpose their own crafting abilities to produce what's needed. But what if that falls short? In a matter of existential crisis, someone is going to have to ensure the needs of the defensive force are met. So that someone will have to be given the power to do so. And power, one gained, is rarely relinquished.
Then Bob, Steve and everyone else is right back at square one under a government. Which will need agencies to make sure individual issues are seen to. Because the one person at the top won't be able to do it alone.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Talk all you want, but soveriern countries will only exist because of the will of the United States people and the military backing them up.

Not talking about some of the stuff we have done in the ME, If Iceland was invade, who do you think would be there?

Switzerland? with every home owner having a gun, If it were invaded, who would be there?

Its not the United States military that would save them, It would be the American Citizens that make up the US military.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join