It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me a single reason

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I love watching nature in progress, i learn more about our species than i do about humans trying to teach me the values they have..
That dominate alpha male who kills and takes what he wants from anyone intruding on his territory, and those females that is venturing on his ground, lets just hope they dont have any offspring with another male..

When someone is offering you protection the definition that comes mind to all to many is a " police state ". Yet i see so many speaking friendly about; " i believe any man should be able to protect himself " And forget the simple thing, humans arent very nice, they could be.. But most actually arent.. Its not you who i think twice about, its that reptilian thing each and everyone of us have inside our brain..

But i still hear i want to be free from everything, you ever heard about a man whose name was Joseph Kony, you ever heard of the latin phrase Droit du seigneur. These are freemen, those are the men you will meet in a free society.

But it does seem wonderful doesnt it, getting rid of the state mafia for protection,cause;" i can do my own protection.. " Why should the state have my money;" They dont offer me anything.." Well they do, its just the things you take for granted..

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Less green tea more ADHD meds

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
It is sad to see people so brainwashed that they willing accept their servitude.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

History is repeating, a generation ago there was a nation who welcomed their subjugation. It did not end well.

"Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke

The state of the world and comments like yours tells me sadly that the time is coming when liberty will need to be refreshed.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

ooh s**** up

edit on 201673 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The USSR; Pol Pot's Cambodia; Mao's China and today's for that matter; North Korea; Hitler's Germany if you were Jewish, gay, gypsy, a political prisoner, or one of several other similar undesirable groups; a Christian in ancient Rome; a black in the post-Civil War South; an Armenian in the Ottoman Empire; a Tutsi in Hutu-run Rwanda ...

This isn't about protecting self or "alpha male," this is about recognizing that the state can and does turn on you rather than protect you, and the 2nd is a bulwark against that.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

So in all the Nordic states, we have a #ty life?
We been more or less, out of war.. Sweden hasnt been in one for the last 200 years..
We have an excellent educational system, healthcare and welfare..

Primary school teaches you western ideals and values, we can walk freely out of our zoo, cause most nations knows Nordics will behave like proper humans, most of them..Can you get into Saudi Arabia with your passport? Can you get in to North Korea with your passport? And even after you been there can you get into the US with the same passport..
No you cant can you, but my passport, means; "They will behave"

So Nordics are brainwashed into servitude.. Or do we know, ;" Maybe this isnt so bad if you compare it to the outside "

You should try it sometime,,,

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I'm glad you are happy with it.

But none of those things you mentioned are prevented by having the means to defend yourself. Ask Switzerland.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I agree, life in this world would take a major downturn without the systems we have in place to protect 'the many.' Countries would rapidly become broken and fragmented into mini-domains run by self-elected chieftains, barons and 'kings.'

It wouldn't necessarily happen to all groups or in all places. We see that a pared down society can operate sorta peacefully in the tribes of the forests of Papua New Guinea and Brazil. However when we look at broken down societies like Somalia, parts of Sudan and even places like 90s Balkans, it's apparent that exploitation and killings soar.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Nordics can live the life they live because they are protected.

If Europe was not liberated your life would be dramatically different.

I am glad you have the lifestyle you do, but it came at a HIGH cost.
edit on 7 3 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Switzerland has a big brother

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Not only that, but the high cost of liberating Europe was necessary to make sure the Nordics and others didn't have to continue life under one of those other "protector" governments I mentioned in my own example which serves as a cardinal example of just how quickly things can and do go bad with what you think is a wonderful, benevolent, nurturing government that gives you everything you need, so why bother to make provisions for yourself?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

That's not the point. Every man in Switzerland is required to have his own gun and know how to use it in case it should prove to be necessary in defense.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I think you might need to look which side the nordics actually were on

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Switzerland has a big brother, try checking their flag.. Ask them this question

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You see every now and then a government isn't so bad. You can wear what you want and watch what you want [to an extent
] and it is sort of peaceful and you can go shopping and the bad people are kept at bay [sometimes], All is hunkey dory. You can even give your data to anyone because it's just for advertising and doesn't harm you personally, right?

However government style can change so fast, it is scary. It can happen within weeks or in extreme situations days.
Today's generation can't even understand that the lovely people on the top would let that happen, After all, it's 2016, we have the internet and we are civilised and all this 'going rogue' is stuff from the past or happens in 3rd world countries only...

Well that's where OP is wrong. Germans were very civilised and modern and it was only the 40s and there was Hollywood and cars and theatres and swimming pools and fashion and magazines, not much different from today minus some technology. Still it happened.

Tyrants don't normally announce themselves as such. They come in peace and state good intentions. They don't care. Just like an abuser is always nice at the start, otherwise he couldn't reel in their victims.

The people of a country usually don't know what hit them when the SHTF and when it gets serious. Do you really think that the Syrians WANTED to have isis running wild? Yet even they had not met such callousness and violence to which it is hard to stand up when you have a family.

New laws can be made up in a day and enforced immediately and there is nothing you can do.
Suddenly your data becomes your achilles heel. What if what was legal before suddenly isn't any longer? After all it wasn't illegal to be Jewish until it was made that way [in Germany of the past].

So you can't say that you haven't done anything wrong and therefore you are safe. What if alottments [gardens and self sufficiency] are suddenly illegal? What if having blonde hair is being made illegal?

It is very scary and naive when people can't see around the next corner. Only some older folks can , because they have seen it first hand. I have been around when E-Germany still existed and knew a few people. This was in the 80s, their stories were scary, stuff you associate with only the worst countries, yet here were young guys, listening [illegaly] to Depeche Mode and watch TV [in back and white and only sanctioned programs]. I was also aware of the danger I was in when I visited and would have done 'the wrong thing'.

HAving experienced this, I am very weary of governments and if you ask ex-East Germans my age, they are too. You can't pull the wool over their eyes like you can do with today's generation.

I'm not saying to expect a tyrant behind every leader but I am saying to stay alert and not be naive. It has happened before totally unexpectedly and it will happen again. Humans are still the same as they have always been, there is no magical breed of super-honest wise guys that will never betray you again that has suddenly evolved.

We are just a couple of hungry days away from becoming barbarians ourselves. Now imagine those in power!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: stosh64

Not only that, but the high cost of liberating Europe was necessary to make sure the Nordics and others didn't have to continue life under one of those other "protector" governments I mentioned in my own example which serves as a cardinal example of just how quickly things can and do go bad with what you think is a wonderful, benevolent, nurturing government that gives you everything you need, so why bother to make provisions for yourself?

I couldn't agree with you more Kets.

I am truly happy that tikbalang has such a good life. But there was a very high price paid for that lifestyle.

Freedom is NOT free. I know, cliché, but very fitting I think.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Yes, thank you.

I never grew up with this personally, but I had two grandfathers who fought WWII. And I grew up in the shadow of the Cold War. They still taught history in school in my day and we learned about how quickly things can change.

Government is force, and that force is only as benevolent as the ones who wield it. In many ways, it's no better than a feudal monarchy which changes with the whims of its ruler. The only thing now is that there some extra layers to block change, but as we are seeing in the US, those layers only matter as much as those in power want to pretend they do.

That's why it's always good to remember the lessons of the past so you can keep a wary eye on your future, and be prepared to take matters into your own hands if you need to. There is nothing new under the sun.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

I think you might need to look which side the nordics actually were on

You totally missed my point, I am not surprised.

I am not saying anything bad about your country......

In fact I am jealous.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Exactly what I am talking about.
However, much more eloquent than I could ever attempt.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join