It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if computer never existed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm talking about computers such as laptops, Macs, Linux, Desktops, etc.
List some possibilities that might happen when computer doesn't exist today and onwards.

1. Video game consoles would have still existed. They would just be different compare to today's modern consoles which seems be a PC compare to the old Xbox and PS2 days. Maybe even further down the road with Nintendo 64 and Cartridges.
2. Cellphones can exist, but wouldn't have buttons to type words possibly, just numbers to call just like Radios.
3. I have to say we would still be using typewriters in schools. No internet for research. Screw you confusing Excel and Microsoft word.
4. I wouldn't be chatting on this forum.

edit on 2-7-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

The world would go insane. No mail? Hilary would be ok!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Here's a short, off-the-top-of-my-head, list.

No space programs
No modern cars
No debit/credit cards
No modern buildings
No jumbo jets or jets in general

You would have to discount mobile phones though. Even the ones from the 80s were computer based. And the cell towers use computer programs.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
I'm talking about computers such as laptops, Macs, Linux, etc.
List some possibilities that might happen when computer doesn't exist today and onwards.

Cellphones can exist, but wouldn't have buttons to type words possibly, just numbers to call just like Radios.
I have to say we would still be using typewriters in schools. No internet for research. Screw you confusing Excel and Microsoft word.
I wouldn't be chatting on this forum.

We would be forced to do our own thinking and have more than the slightest bit of communication skills ?
Just my thoughts
Cell phones WOULD NOT exist if computers didnt. It was the PC that led to all the technology contained in that cell phone. Every single bit (pun intended)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You would never be asking this question.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
World leaders fly around the globe for face t face, they don't want any electronic eavesdropping. If you only knew what they were actually talking about.

How many casualties, what will it cost?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You have a good point. That would cost a lot!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: intrptr

You have a good point. That would cost a lot!

And who's gonna pay for it? Not them. Lotta work actually. They could just call each other up.

See where this is heading? Shows how Hillary screwed up. Theres records of skullduggery outside the secrets room.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Quantum12
World leaders fly around the globe for face t face, they don't want any electronic eavesdropping. If you only knew what they were actually talking about.

How many casualties, what will it cost?

ha ha, far too cynical.

They meet face to face in order to look each other in the eye, then have a dance off.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
jesus i remember only 20 year ago carrying a nokia brick for a mobile phone,i never heard of internet 20 year ago and know for a fact anyone i knew also hadn,t heard of it,it makes you think what could happen in the next 20 years?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
We would all be Mentats.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I don't have to imagine this world, I lived in it.
It's called 1980.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

They meet face to face in order to look each other in the eye,

They can do that with teleconferencing.

Nice try. You saw Goodfellas. The government is run like the mob, too.

They have 'sit-downs', just like the Mafioso. And they whisper, just like the Dons.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I don't have to imagine this world, I lived in it.
It's called 1980.

But, that was before Turkey shot down Russian planes and all this shhhhs happen such as China being the #1 bad guy in the media after Soviet Union fell. We had peaceful times in the 90's. Then the 00's came and war started and new boogie mans.
edit on 3-7-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

me too, I grew up in the 60,s and 70`s i remember when T.V.`s with remote controls started being popular, it was like magic, you push the button over here and the channel would change on the T.V. over there and it was done without any wires connecting the T.V. to the remote, MAGIC! I TELL YOU! surely some type of witchcraft was involved.

edit on 4-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join