It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Breakfast Club: 2016 Remake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Synopsis: Thirty-three high school students, all different stereotypes, meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, check each others privilege, grandstand their own social group, label each other bigots, and as a result of their similar crazy behavior discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought.

Beyond being in the same class at San Francisco High School in San Francisco, California, this smorgasbord of students have little in common, and with the exception of Sergei and Larry, do not associate with each other in school. In the simplest and in their own terms, Ariella is a Jewish American princess, Chun Li a Chinese, Antoine an athlete, Jesus a criminal, Hector a brain, Allison a basket case, Seth a self-loathing Jew, Jesse a snowflake, Marcus a homosexual, Harry a sexual deviant, Helga a punk rocker, Larry a computer nerd, Ashley a transgender male, Pocahontas a Native American, Anna a lesbian, Jim Bob a redneck, Dwight a drag queen, Lysol a black rapper, Yoshi a ninja, Nail a goth, Sergei an atheist, Rosie an obese, Donald a physically deformed, Akshay an Indian, Abdul a Muslim, Gary a Neo-Nazi, James a drug addict, Josh a emo, Lil Big a black supremacist, Abu a weakling, Max a satanist, Jane a feminist, and Ludwig a Brony.

But one thing they do have in common is a nine hour detention in the school library together on Saturday, March 24, 2016, under the direction of Mr. Vernon, supervising from his office across the hall. Each is required to write a minimum one thousand word essay during that time about who they think they are. At the beginning of those nine hours, each, if they were indeed planning on writing that essay, would probably write something close to what the world sees of them, and what they have been brainwashed into believing of themselves. But based on their adventures during that nine hours, they may come to a different opinion of themselves and the other thirty-two.

Starring:
Roberto Ortega Menendez, Chelsea Clinton (as the estranged mother), Jazz Jennings, Justin Bieber, Cynthia L. Nakashima, Jennifer Lawrence, Towkio, Emma Watson, Lorde, Maxo Kream, Milo Yiannopoulos (as the principal), Emily Ratajkowski, Hari Nef, Natalie Villalobos, Valentijn De Hingh, Kevin Abstract, Jenna Talackova, Isis King, Lea T, Fallon Fox, Andreja Pejić, Natalie Portman (as the cafetria lady), Jake Gyllenhaal (as the janitor), Marissa Mayer, Kendall Jenner, Ling Zeng, Laverne Cox, Claire-Therese Fedewa, Janice Rumschlag, Ivanka Trump (as the school nurse), Cecilia Hyunjung Mo, Chanavong Nhao, Johanna Shelton, Dyana Wong, Erica Baker, Ashley Tessier, Stephanie Schnorbus and Ariana Tortorici

RATED NC-13 (Straight white males not admitted without personal body guards)

WINNER: 2016 Sundance Film Festival

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why does the picture look it's from the show "Lost " ?

Got a link?
edit on 2-7-2016 by Onesmartdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Excellent post, my friend!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Sounds fun, if you have a time for fun.

Yoshi a ninja

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm offended that this cast doesn't include any Italian immigrants! I feel excluded! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lol
When I saw the thread title, I thought they were about to trash yet another piece of my childhood with a #ty pc remake.
Whew
S&F

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Synopsis: Thirty-three high school students, all different stereotypes, meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, check each others privilege, grandstand their own social group, label each other bigots, and as a result of their similar crazy behavior discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought.

WINNER: 2016 Sundance Film Festival

originally posted by: Onesmartdog
Why does the picture look it's from the show "Lost " ?

Got a link?

Good eye Onesmartdog,

Hmmmmmmm......

LOL, EVERYTHING's a conspiracy here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lassiecat

I know, written as a dark comedy it is a great film!

a reply to: Neysa

Italians were on the crew. They provided excellent catering!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onesmartdog
Got a link?

YES! The full film now on Youtube.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Give it a year or two more and they will re(Trash) this golden movie like so many they just cash in on..
Who you gonna Call?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Gr8 b8 m8, but I think I am a lil l8.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well I guess that's alright. Manjia Bene' !!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
^%$$$@^&*&$#@!!!!
Should have known better than to click your link.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That probably should play when the thread opens

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

No way, not on a bet, not if you paid me.

Some things, you just don't remake.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hollywood is officially out of ideas. I don't know why they have to remake and crap all over movies that have already been done.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Mmmm....Jake Gyllenhaal

I'd watch it.

new topics

top topics

join