It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashing Lights In Space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: M00nStar

Because cameras on phones don't take in enough light. Hence is why I used this 😊
www.opticsplanet.com...

These Binoculars don't record, it's pretty standard.

Welcome to ATS, have a star😊
edit on 2-7-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

In my case, once it started moving. It was too fast for even a high altitude balloon. It would have been a heck of a jet stream, and to straight of a path. And if a balloon in a jet stream, it would not have stayed stationary for 10 mins.

However a high altitude Balloon is a good idea though.👍

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: southtower

This is somewhat 'off the wall' but it may have been a millitary craft, assuming very high altitude and using optical laser interferomety (probably scanned rather than pulsed) for its 'images'.

Just a theory.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Jesus christ, I had that very same experience last Saturday at 10 pm. It flashed like a plane strobe at an irregular rythm. It remained in the bowl of Big dipper for a good 10 mins. I suspected a satellite spining, but again it flashed at an irregular pace. I had time to go get my night vision binoculars.
It was definitely not a plane, as I live 3 miles from the Airport here in Pittsburgh Pa. I know what aircraft lights look like. It was way up there in a stationary position. After 10 mins it started moving north east. First it was slow to move. Then it picked up speed as I watched it flash till it was out of view.

I really wanted to post about it..... but I chickened out in fear of getting heckled.👍

Note: this has happened before. Always starts in the Big Dipper, "Could it be the X-37"?
I was out tonight looking for it.

Tomorrow night should be perfect for looking again for this.
Very glad you mentioned you need binoc's for it since I actually WAS out at 3am and didn't see it with the naked eye.
Altho was looking right at the big dipper.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

This is somewhat 'off the wall' but it may have been a millitary craft, assuming very high altitude and using optical laser interferomety (probably scanned rather than pulsed) for its 'images'.

Just a theory.

This is what came to my mind too. Could it be also something like that NASA's near earth and deep space optical laser communications system (or whatever it's called)? I've seen similar flash here from Europe, very bright light in a highly populated area of the city. After the flash it slowed down almost to stop, then gathered speed again and continued in a zigzag.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
yes, these flashes are of two or three types and getting more frequent
there's the 160 mile wide circle flash, that goes in 3 ms......the orbiting something with long delay and too long to be a flash really strobe....14 seconds....the tumbling one sparks every 15 seconds or 8 seconds.....then would come the transformer blow.....you know, one on a telephone pole.....
edit on 2-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Maybe they are just simple flight tests on new Air crafts we haven't been shown or told about yet? Anything is possible....

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thank you but I'm not new. I had to get a new username and pass but am not sure why lol! Maybe cause I have not been on for quite some time or maybe cause this is a new computer, who knows lol! But I'll just take it as a Welcome Back lol! Interesting topic and one I'd not go near myself tbph lol! Kudos Dude

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Early this year, I took my kids out to play with their new telescope.
And as always spotted a few satellites, But one of these was different than any I have seen in my 30+ years of night sky watching.

It moved at about the same speed, but it dimmed on and off instead of being a constant light. we watched it travel across the sky, and I called it the "dim-double dim" satellite as that's what it did. one slow dim, then it would dim on and off twice smoothly and quickly" it wasn't a flicker like a plane.
I put it down to a spinning/rotating object.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo
If you check with www.heavens-above.com... there are a lot of failed sattelites or spent rocket stages that are just space junk tumbling around.

I have never seen a tumbling satellite myself, but I have seen dozens of regular ones (including the ISS), thanks to that website I just linked.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Sorry I must disagree with you on this one. I took my Android out last night and the cam got more of the lights than I saw with my naked eye. The infrared binoculars may give you more detail than your naked eye but you still could have got recorded proof with just a plain Android cam and it's record feature. NOT that I am calling you a liar. It would just have been nice to see what you saw to give the rest of us some ideas.
I'm TRYING with much frustration to upload to YouTube atm to prove it CAN be done with pretty decent results...

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It is entirely possible that the lights you saw were those of a foreign transport vehicle.

My name is Dah Rhion (loosely translated). I am one of many 'Lóra' - A congregation born billions of miles away from your world.
It is common practice for outer regions to explore, as your own species have done for many years. I was sent her on an investigatory task to learn about the people of the third planet. It took over 46 of your hours to learn over 6,520 common tongues and 4 hours to interpret the tongue of your lesser species. As I have learned of your technologies, which are incredible for such a young species, others intend to do the same. The third planet contains the only intelligent life in your 'Solar System'. This is a rarity.
You are also the only species in the four systems that I have traveled that fight and kill each other. My own species abide by a planetary understanding that 'the same must unite' or as we say it: "far nígal" - We stick together.

You must be wondering why I tell you this. Surely a foreign being that is hiding within a world with so many people that want to kill those who are different would want to stay hidden.
I do.
But those who are intelligent enough to know that there are worlds beyond your own deserve to know what is out there.
Luckily, the human race in its majority ignores those who talk about 'aliens' and casts them aside. So you all know that if you told anyone of significance that they wouldn't believe you.

The lights in your night sky might be satellites above the Earth, they may be stars, but never rule out the possibility that there are creatures high above who want to know what you are and whether or not you pose a considerable threat.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DahRhion

Uh huh. And I'm Tishri from the Planet 51-52-64 Tishuan in the Tishuen Galaxy lol! Nice way to totally annihilate a decent post.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Saturday evening we once again saw these odd flashes of light and this time I observed the entire sequence. We saw them three different times within about an hour to an hour and a half. They would have been northeast, east and southeast of our location.

All three times they were the same sequence, first a bright or burst of light, then two to three more strobes which would not be as bright as the original flash and the last strobe would look like the light was passing through a cloud is the only way I can describe it. The entire sequence lasted 2 to 3 minutes.

The lights did not deviate from their original position or if they did it was too minor to notice a difference. They were not satellites since they did not traverse across the horizon nor were they the ISS which passed by later in the evening.

Not sure what to make of these odd lights, it kind of gave you feeling that it was something that would be moving away from the planet with the starting point maybe at satellite level but it could be much further than that.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: M00nStar

Ladies and gentleman, I present the spokesman for the ignorant majority!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join