It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator: Navy Evaluates Commanders Based On Climate Change Views

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse recently told people gathered in New York City that global warming “denial” hurts U.S. soldiers in the field and that the “main problem” with the military is its reluctance to join the climate crusade.

dailycaller.com...

The militarization of climate change.

Better support man made climate change, your career may depend on it. Yes, I am a skeptic. I'm not a member of the Church of Climatology. I'm not a "Climey". Many other are also not true believers.

Now it has been discussed that there are movements to silence skeptics and to punish them. Us.

Here is just another example.

Read at your convenience.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Didn't I just read a thread about how we're entering into another mini ice age like in the 1600's

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Didn't I just read a thread about how we're entering into another mini ice age like in the 1600's

That'll probably conflict with global warming we'll get from some other Climey.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
the sailors know whats going on

keyboard warriors with political explanations for scientific data are the ones that make me lol

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

keyboard warriors with political explanations for scientific data are the ones that make me lol

If the only thing I or anyone else have ever done was be a keyboard warrior, you might have a point.

But you don't.

We're much more than that. We just don't blindly accept what's being force fed to us.

So eat up! nomnomnomnom

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If the only thing I or anyone else have ever done was be a keyboard warrior, you might have a point.

But you don't.

We're much more than that. We just don't blindly accept what's being force fed to us.

So eat up! nomnomnomnom

If you really care to get into this on a scientific and non-political basis I would surely enjoy that

up for it ?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Did you read through that whole thread? It was exactly that.

As far as OP, you make it seem like that is the make or break point on these evals.. Not really what is being said.

I'm not a member of the Church of Climatology. I'm not a "Climey". Many other are also not true believers.

Huh I always thought you weren't a fan of labels. But hey I guess it is everyone else that is doing the dividing..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Doubt it, I have a science background but am not up to speed on all factors. And I seriously doubt that I could convince you. Others, much smarter than myself have posted on the subject here and you still "believe" what you want. So what purpose would it serve to debate with you?

This thread is about the government pushing an agenda and punishing those that don't obey.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Are you attacking me, or the premise of the thread?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Doubt it, I have a science background but am not up to speed on all factors. And I seriously doubt that I could convince you. Others, much smarter than myself have posted on the subject here and you still "believe" what you want. So what purpose would it serve to debate with you?

This thread is about the government pushing an agenda and punishing those that don't obey.

so you don't understand it, but you know it's wrong ?

thanks for saving me a lot of time, lol

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

The "mini ice age" net effect will be a lessening of global warming for a period of some 15-20 years. It's not one or the other, it's human beings influencing natural cycles. This cycle will pass, and our influences will be felt again in full force.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It's in the article. This is about wanting commanders who can grasp the implications of climate change, and it's impact on their duties in the future to be in command over those who just don't have what it takes to come to reasonable conclusions.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
They're getting ready for a global enforcement policy.

Watch for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

where did I say I didn't understand it?

if you're going to debate, lets start with some honesty.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse recently told people gathered in New York City that global warming “denial” hurts U.S. soldiers in the field and that the “main problem” with the military is its reluctance to join the climate crusade.

Yeah , thats all they have to do day-to-day is sit around and meditate on climate change and how denial hurts them
That ranks as one of the World's Stupidest Sayings of all time.
And one lame-a** Senator . Its times like these that make me proud to be from Georgia . Senators from here mostly just concentrate on good ideals . Whether it be Red or Blue. They dont go off on insane tangents.....

BTW , is this the same D Senator that said one of the islands was going to tip over and sink due to the military presence ? Sounds like it should be...or at least it follows along the same reasoning.

edit on 7/1/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

nope. you backed out. enjoy your ignorance

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

It's in the article. This is about wanting commanders who can grasp the implications of climate change, and it's impact on their duties in the future to be in command over those who just don't have what it takes to come to reasonable conclusions.

It's not about implications of natural climate change.

It's about pushing the anthropogenic hoax. It's about social engineering in the military.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I just noted that you were ready to label all of us, wasn't an attack on you at all. In fact I was just taken aback by it.
And yes I am challenging the premise of the thread, he said it was part of the eval but never said it was the make or break of it. I have had evals with negative or constructive points that did nothing to hinder me.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Look, it's no secret that most people who are in the military are very dumb, your average officer a bit less so.

It's a shame they feel the need to even do this for people who can attain such a high ranking, but if you're going to be in such a position of command, you need to be thinking objectively and considering the big-picture.

Now, I know you think I'm buying into nonsense, and I know we'll never see eye to eye, but I've said my bit and you can go and say whatever the hell you want in return. There's no point in either of us trying to convince the other. There's been far too much time and information to gather on the topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

nope. you backed out. enjoy your ignorance

Nanny nanny boo-boo would've been more succinct.

@ OP - seems to me the good senator is upset he doesn't have a line of uniformed men to trot out to further his politics. Seems to have forgotten they're sort of explicitly not allowed to do that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join