It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Methylene Blue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Twenty-six healthy participants, between the ages of 22 and 62, were enrolled in a double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial to measure the effects of methylene blue on the human brain during working-memory and sustained-attention tasks. This study was approved by the local ethical committee

The participants underwent functional MRI (fMRI) before and one hour after low-dose methylene blue or placebo administration to evaluate the potential effects of methylene blue on cerebrovascular reactivity during tasks. Mean cerebral blood flow was measured pre- and post-intervention.

The results showed methylene blue increased response in the bilateral insular cortex--an area deep within the brain associated with emotional responses--during a task that measured reaction time to a visual stimulus. The fMRI results also showed an increased response during short-term memory tasks involving the brain's prefrontal cortex, which controls processing of memories, the parietal lobe, primarily associated with the processing of sensory information, and the occipital cortex, the visual processing center of the brain. In addition, methylene blue was associated with a 7 percent increase in correct responses during memory retrieval.

The findings suggest that methylene blue can regulate certain brain networks related to sustained attention and short-term memory after a single oral low dose.

www.sciencedaily.com...

So essentially human trials have begun on a way to treat problems with human memory...

Summary:

A single oral dose of methylene blue results in an increased MRI-based response in brain areas that control short-term memory and attention, according to a new study. Methylene blue was associated with a 7 percent increase in correct responses during memory retrieval.

From the above link.

PDF...

www.mpasmb-hamburg.mpg.de...

Treating medical problems with Methylene Blue has been around for the last 120 years.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Can we get them to enroll all the Mandela Effect nutters for the trials?

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Isn't methylene blue one of the colors of M&M peanuts. Maybe that is why the nuts on the commercial can speak.

Woops sorry, that isn't methylene blue. It is this one. www.popsci.com...
edit on 28-6-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Actually it is possible that a chemical like this to could be presented in Earth Ecosystem, at some point in time in the future, much like Fluoride was included in the water system.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
methylene blue is a maoi inhibitor. Its going to have neurological effects. maoi-inhibitors are the early anti-depressants that fell out of favor because maoi-inhibitors have safety concerns.

Still, a very interesting compound. I know of people who take it for its brain enhancing effects. Something I've wanted to try but havent had the chance.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There are several dietary restrictions as well medication restrictions in relation to "MAOIs".

But this particular expression seems a keeper.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
"MAOI Diet Facts"....

www.upmc.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

That is interesting, I wasn't aware it was actually an inhibitor of MAO. I have to watch aged food because I have problems with breaking down neurotransmitters. COMT issues. I also have to watch I don't eat too much MAOI inhibitor foods and spices. I also have a reduced MAOB activity but a moderate MAOA activity.

So I can't drink a lot of alcohol or eat much junk food. I can eat fresh food with no problem. I still have aged food occasionally, it is a treat to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: rickymouse

Actually it is possible that a chemical like this to could be presented in Earth Ecosystem, at some point in time in the future, much like Fluoride was included in the water system.

They probably would do that. I can't take too much of that kind of chemistry, I already can't break down monoamines well.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
My wife will be calling our doctor for a prescription later, i'm the most forgetful bloke ever, now i'v got no excuses for not remembering all the s*** she tells me, yay

Being serious tho, I have an illness which leaves me open to other medical problems, one of which is early onset Alzheimer's so will be keeping an eye on these studies (if I remember lol)

cheers

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I use it as a urinary disinfectant.

anyone interested in an overview of MB:
Cellular and Molecular Actions of Methylene Blue in the Nervous System

top topics

join