It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

777 engine flaw?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Hmmph, I guess I didn't realize Singapore had a lot of triple 7's. When I used to fly them their fleet was almost all 747-400's. They had some A-300's they would run up into central Asia, but they were pretty much end of life. I'd usually fly MAS up into Malaysia though, or (skeery) Thai up into Thailand (I guess they were better than Silk though).

Now they seem to be an A-380 fleet. I guess the Europe runs make sense for a 777.

It was a Korean Air 777er bound for Singapore... Not a Singaporean airliner.. Easy mistake

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Apparently there was a fairly significant issue with the Main Fuel Oil Heat Exchanger in at least the GE90 engine. The MFOHE on SQ368 had a cracked and displaced fuel line that allowed fuel to leak into portions of the engine where oil should have been and eventually ignite.

That problem had been identified, and changes to manufacturing made, and the requirement sent out to inspect the MFOHE, which had yet to be completed on that aircraft.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

cracked and displaced fuel line that allowed fuel to leak into portions of the engine where oil should have been and eventually ignite.

Deja vu Trent 900?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Sort of, but the failures were different. In the case of the T900 it was the IP/HP bearing oil feed stub pipe that sits at the (RR aft looking fwd, rather than industry fwd looking aft convention) 3 o'clock position. At least I turned out to be correct in my original analysis hunch last year, it definitely was the MFOHE.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join