It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREXIT Switzerland-UK relationship needs to be reconfigured outside the EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

Johann N. Schneider-Ammann, president of the Swiss Confederation, said that the Swiss-UK relationship needs to be reconfigured in light of the referendum results and noted that a working group formed a few weeks ago in case of a "Leave" win has stepped up its activity. Switzerland is not a member of the EU. "The British decision raises many questions -- for the United Kingdom, for the EU and for Europe as a whole. And also for Switzerland. Switzerland will continue to take all the necessary steps to safeguard our country's interests," he said in a speech Friday. Switzerland "will continue to have a major interest in close relations with the United Kingdom, an important partner, not least in the economic area," Schneider-Ammann said. But economic ties and "the free trade agreement in particular -- will have to be redefined." "It is to be expected that today's decision in the United Kingdom will exacerbate the insecurity about Europe's economic development. This will also have a negative impact on Switzerland as a business location and will make it more difficult to find a solution with the EU on the migration question. "

I see this as a very positive move, the dead body of the EU is not even cold yet and already the Swiss are gearing up to start making plans to deal with the UK. I think the main line is "will continue to have a major interest in close relations with the United Kingdom". I translate that as we can now deal without the EU legislation.

I will be waiting to see what other nations will be stepping up and asking questions regarding trade as I am sure many newly rich countries will want to start trading as soon as possible without having to worry about the EU quota system. And smaller business can now start to gear up without having to worry about the choking EU legislation.

RA

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
(post deleted)
edit on 25-6-2016 by RiotComing because: deleting post

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The Swiss are not part of the EU but enjoy great relations with it. Swiss neutrality amongst the nations of Europe is as old as the Nation itself and has centuries of precedent. No surprise here really, the Swiss recently formally rescinded their application for membership in the EU. Why would they want to punish the UK for not being a part of something they've politely avoided themselves?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Text

Text

Great Britain is the home off the Knights Templar.

Switzerland is Owned by the Knights Templar

The Templars still rule Europe. And our Christian !

Fox. .

edit on 25 6 2016 by foxhound2459 because: Topsecret

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: foxhound2459

Text

Text

Great Britain is the home off the Knights Templar.

Switzerland is Owned by the Knights Templar

The Templars still rule Europe. And our Christian !

Fox. .

OK not sure what to say to that???

RA

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The UK Will end up like the Swiss, open borders to the EU, EU rules and laws and no say in how the EU is run, all in return for trade with the EU. And the Brits thought they left the EU.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The UK Will end up like the Swiss, open borders to the EU, EU rules and laws and no say in how the EU is run, all in return for trade with the EU. And the Brits thought they left the EU.
That with all due respect is rubbish and the opposite is true!!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
All down to migrants taking a free ride ,
Just feel sorry for the true working migrants .

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Is this supposed to be like, profound?
It seems like the relationships between the UK and a number of countries will need to be reconfigured.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

If we sign up to the single market then that's a possibility which is why the Leave campaign are against such a move.
Switzerland needed to sign that deal I'm not convinced we do.

a reply to: Denoli
The vote was about more than migration , it was also about sovereignty of our nation and democracy.

edit on 26-6-2016 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The UK enjoys great relations with Switzerland as this is how the very rich avoid paying tax with their Swiss bank accounts.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is going to make uk the world leader.
Everyone wants to get in bed with us now.

We could be the trading hub of the world !
Just hope whoever has the job of steering the ship hasn't got there personal agenda.

Sidenote : in the city were I live , hundreds of the jobs got moved to Poland for cheap labour and the sites have been cleared and are just dumping grounds due to backward council and the credit crunch .now that's why I voted out , now hopefully we get those jobs back and start buying back our rail , mail , energy company's back and make money ourselves and not just keep the rich swimming in caviar.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
This is going to make uk the world leader.
Everyone wants to get in bed with us now.

We could be the trading hub of the world !
Just hope whoever has the job of steering the ship hasn't got there personal agenda.

Sidenote : in the city were I live , hundreds of the jobs got moved to Poland for cheap labour and the sites have been cleared and are just dumping grounds due to backward council and the credit crunch .now that's why I voted out , now hopefully we get those jobs back and start buying back our rail , mail , energy company's back and make money ourselves and not just keep the rich swimming in caviar.

Can you really swim in Virgin Sturgeon's eggs? in saying that, i wouldn't mind trying to fertilise Nicola Sturgeons virgin eggs

Oh well i can fantasise

new topics

top topics

join