It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

justification to break the ten commandments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Again. Verbal and mental gymnastics to justify reasons for killing.

Capital punishment is still KILLING. Just at the request of the judicial system.

Attacking enemies on a battlefield is still KILLING. Just at the request of a government.

Very simple. Not meant to be complicated. People only make it complicated to make themselves feel better.

If you follow any religion, the will of God is supposed to be superior to everything, including the government and it's branches.

C'mon guys, you know this.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
To say there may be justification in breaking the commandments is like saying one can sin all their life just because they would be forgiven anyway. It doesn’t work like that. Yes, repenting goes a long way to be seen as clean in the eyes of God, but at the same time some things just cannot be forgiven.

I’m not very sure about Pope Francis’ interpretation after his sudden revelation last year. Why he felt it necessary to remove adultery is entirely open to one’s imagination, and why he would replace that with a ban on consuming GM foods is barmy as well because that could be condemning people to starvation in extreme circumstances. Then he goes on to make a new commandment altogether about idolising oneself before God - which is seemingly very much covered by the first commandment anyway. There is neither any justification nor authority for the Vatican to make such changes. If God has indeed instructed him in any way shape or form then that is a miracle of the sort which hasn’t happened since Moses, so I’ll personally call shenanigans on this one. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that the Pope himself has fallen foul of that first commandment, and maybe the second one too.

If he thinks he knows what the “Eleventh Commandment” is then he’d better be more truthful about it. I know what it is, and for that matter I know what a real revelation feels like as well.

edit on 1SundaySundayAmerica/Chicago4pmSunday7pm06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Again. Verbal and mental gymnastics to justify reasons for killing.

Capital punishment is still KILLING. Just at the request of the judicial system.

Attacking enemies on a battlefield is still KILLING. Just at the request of a government.

Very simple. Not meant to be complicated. People only make it complicated to make themselves feel better.

If you follow any religion, the will of God is supposed to be superior to everything, including the government and it's branches.

C'mon guys, you know this.

I never said it wasn't "killing". I made the important distinction between a legal killing and murder. The commandment isn't not to kill, the Hebrew word in the text isn't kill, it's murder. All murder is killing, not all killing is murder.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

i see you are back Gnosisisfaith / all your other accounts.

The ten commandments are for Israel in their Land. Not the basis of the teaching of Christianity. The basis is the cross of Christ for forgiveness of sins, resurrection for justification, and a new life.

Paul reiterated nine of the ten but not as commands. The one he left out was the Sabbath day observance.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: VengefulGhost

i see you are back Gnosisisfaith / all your other accounts.

The ten commandments are for Israel in their Land. Not the basis of the teaching of Christianity. The basis is the cross of Christ for forgiveness of sins, resurrection for justification, and a new life.

Paul reiterated nine of the ten but not as commands. The one he left out was the Sabbath day observance.

Correct, because we are to worship God 7 days a week as a living sacrifice. Jesus told the woman at the well that the day would come when people didn't go to a specific place to worship, but would in Spirit and in Truth. God residing in man. It's so awesome in the new covenant.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My Bible says it is a New Testament not a new covenant. A Covenant is a contract which means two or more parties agree and each has responsibilities to perform. If either or any violates it the covenant is off.

But a Testament is not valid unless the testator dies, in this case Christ Death on the cross made it valid. All anyone has to do now is accept the testators terms and receive what is freely given or reject it.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
My Bible says it is a New Testament not a new covenant. A Covenant is a contract which means two or more parties agree and each has responsibilities to perform. If either or any violates it the covenant is off.

But a Testament is not valid unless the testator dies, in this case Christ Death on the cross made it valid. All anyone has to do now is accept the testators terms and receive what is freely given or reject it.

Sure, testament or covenant are interchangeable. I have no issues with the word testament.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
While you and I are not the typical, I do believe things that are different are not the same. A Covenant is not a Testament therefore cannot be interchangeable. This is why I believe that God preserved his word to all generations as he promised in Ps 12:6,7 and he preserved it as Testament. All other Bibles without the preservation of God via his Holy Ghost behind it were interpreted by men for filthy lucre's sake. since 1830's thay have translated the Greek word to Covenant.

But that which we disagree would not affect yours or mines salvation, just our application of God's word for our lives.

Blessings to you bro

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Certain Hebrew traditions only had 7 commandments before they were combined.

You can find most if not all in the Egyptian book of the Dead as "I have not" 's instead of "though shall not"

There are 613 commandments or laws in total. Hammurabi was a big source.

He is given a nod in the story of the building of Solomon's Temple as King Hiram Abi.

The source of Hiram Abiff of Freemasonry.

Whatever. We have a conscience to tell us right from wrong and shouldn't need laws in the first place.

No law other than my conscience is my only law.

I don't do rules. I have precepts and lessons learned and a code of honor that I borrow from the forgotten Prophet:

Good thoughts, Good words and Good deeds

The more good we do the sooner Good will peacefully defeat evil and we will use history as our guide what not to do. evil will be defeated when we combat it with peace.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CabablancaHizb

you have given yourself away Padawan

Expect to be banned soon.
edit on 27-6-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join