It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany, USA and Canada ALL say they want special trade deals with post-Brexit Britain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Irish butter. Kerrygold.
Never mind that's a US owned company but the cream comes from Ireland.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Witness2008

What do you have that we need?

A back bone?

That's funny considering we broke yours.

You mean you got the French and Spanish to do it for you

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

U.S. rules say imports must be marked with country of origin.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

edit on 6252016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Quell surprise, the telegraph posting something positive about the exit. Who said there would be an economic collapse? It's about what the cost of the partnership will be. You would have to be stupid to not know that, or at least that's what I thought.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
This was predictable...

We're a tiny superpower.

These countries would be committing suicide not trading with us.

How so? As an American, I can't remember the last time I saw a label that said "Made in the UK".

I specifically said "not economically".
Are you a moron, yes?

To answer your question.
The SAS & MI6.

You're welcome.
edit on 25-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Funny as not so long ago Obama was over here in our own country telling us that if we voted out we would be at the end of the queue for TTIP.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I live in Missouri. And my back bone is just fine, I wish that I could say that about the rest of my country.

We didn't break the back bone of England. We just decided to cut the apron strings. England birthed two great Nations. One with their bible thumpers and the other with her criminals. Turns out that big things can come from small packages.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

Obama is just making nice. He threatened the bigots of Britain and they refused to listen.

When the new trade terms are hammered down, there won't be any lubricant used.

I hope making decisions based on hatred, racism, and xenophobia will be worth the cost that Britain will pay.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

You have a nice way of making blood stained colonialism sound sweet.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

The U.K. is so racist and xenophobia that it had the audacity to appoint the Western Worlds only Muslim Mayor of a major capital city. And born the son of a Pakistani immigrant.

Oh, hang on; that don't fit your agenda.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

And the United States has a black president and this country is polluted with racist filth. Your point?

edit on 25-6-2016 by supremecommander because: sp.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I see what i stated you had no answer to, which shows how uneductaed you are when it comes to British race relations.

Black Americans and immigrants in general are part of the Birth and History Of The U.S. They helped build your country.

Not so the U.K. We welcomed them in long after The U.K. came into existance. And welcome they are

edit on 25-6-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I am also part Native American (Cherokee) My recent ancestors were slaughtered mercilessly. Perhaps that Native blood allows me the wisdom to not live in the past, and a distant one at that. Get over it. I did.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Based upon the rhetoric spewed prior to the referendum, I have a feeling we are not.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

With that attitude, I'll wager that you don't live on a reservation?

I don't live in the past, but I damn sure won't sugarcoat it like you are.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Witness2008

A back bone?

That's funny considering we broke yours.

You mean you got the French and Spanish to do it for you

Teamwork makes the dream work baby... I see you guys still haven't figured that out :p

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No I don't live on Tribal Land, and I am not sugar coating anything. I am only attempting to diffuse the animosity in my own snarky little way. There is no point in dragging what happened 300 years ago into a conversation that is all about future freedoms.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
They just don't want to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. UK is now in uncharted waters, no one wants to take any sides at this point.

This linguistic ambiguity in terms of trade talks is expected.
I don't think anyone thought of the aftermath. The plan stopped at 'Exit'. Uk leaders need to sort out a lot in little time.
They need to make sure the UK remains 'the UK' before they lay out new trade agreements.

Germany has offered a trade partnership deal. So if I was the UK I'd jump on that with both feet. It makes them immune to EU tariffs and allows free trade across thr border. But gives thr UK control over their sovringnty. So economucally nothing would change for the UK and they maintain control of their borders. Of course france doesn't like that idea they want the UK out so they done have any competition in the services market.

In fact of it doesn't have an impact I'm sure others well was to leave. So maybe we need to start figuring out names for the countries that do. I mean brexit was ok but we could do better. Say Austria leaves we can call it Australavista. Or Czech Republic
Czech-out. Or how about Latvia could be lat me out. And Greece could be please leave just kidding .
edit on 6/25/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Not true. The UK can effectively set their prices now, something that couldn't be done under the EU's thumb.

Globalism is failing, my friend. Rejoice with us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join