It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disproving Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It seems to me that most of the grander conspiracy theories discussed are permanently safe as in they can never be disproved. Despite a huge amount of evidence to the contrary old conspiracy theories such as "The U.S. faked the moon landing" still have many believers.

Even if the U.S. government invited every member of ATS to inspect the Groom Lake facility (Area 51) from top down, and we found nothing, it would be passed off a deception or misinformation. How can it ever be proved that aliens are not visiting us? You can debunk a single story or UFO photo, but can't disprove the idea.

If the U.S. government releases more information they have about 9/11 it would be thought of as disinformation or the conspiracy theory would just be slightly modified to take into account the new information.

The Illuminati/NWO conspiracies are really safe since I can't imagine a way to disprove them. Any world events that seem to go against it is just a setback or again disinformation or a diversion from the "real" truth or motives behind their actions.

Those who adhere to such conspiracy theories, is there any evidence you can think of that would disprove them to you, removing all doubt?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
No one has any thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
>> "The U.S. faked the moon landing" still have many believers.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Yes, Mr. Johnston, I have a thought.

As one cannot disprove a conspiracy theory and we all know this to be the case (Lack of evidence supporting the existence of something is not in itself evidence of its nonexistence), why ask why? Why does it bother you that the theories exist? Do you intend on saving some of our community members from their insanity?

Go away, Mr. Johnston, we do not want to be saved. Better yet, join us. They bring the meds out 0800hrs and then again at 1800hrs.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The only reason so many people still believe the moon landings are faked is that we have yet to find a cure for stupidity. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
In reply to Thomas Crowne, since its a fact that no theory can be disproven it is IMHO the responsibility of those who believe a theory to prove it.

top topics

join