It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Official — Bernie Sanders Is Staying In The Race And Will Not Concede

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Lots of talk about Sen Sanders comment that he will vote for Hilley, though he still has not endorsed her. Today this post came out at Huffington Post, looks like Sen Sanders will be fighting to the end!

Many thanks to all the Guciffers!

It’s Official — Bernie Sanders Is Staying In The Race And Will Not Concede

Contrary to the conventional wisdom saying that Bernie Sanders would never have been able to force a contested Democratic convention, Hillary Clinton has less than 2,383 pledged delegates. Thus, Bernie Sanders has recently confirmed his desire to continue, as stated by Time:

Bernie Sanders Vows to Continue ‘Political Revolution’ in New York

But that did not stop the Vermont Senator from defiantly promising to continue the political revolution in a town hall on Thursday, giving a glimpse into his possible future role in the Democratic Party in which he campaigns for progressive candidates across the country.

Speaking with the cadence and conviction of a viable candidate in midtown Manhattan, Sanders again did not concede the nomination…and did not endorse his opponent.

Why would he stop?

Would you end your presidential campaign if your opponent faced on ongoing FBI criminal investigation?

Judge links Clinton aide’s immunity to ‘criminal investigation’
A former information technology aide to Hillary Clinton received immunity from the Justice Department in connection with a criminal investigation, a federal judge confirmed Tuesday.

source

Go to jail Hilley! Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to jail!!!

edit on 24-6-2016 by AlaskanDad because: Oops copied a bit more then I meant to, added source.

(post by Krazysh0t removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Might as well vote for Ross Perot.

Not enough millenials to get grandpapa in.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AlaskanDad

So did you pull this article out of your ass or something?

That's good stuff right there.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What is your appeal to Sanders?

Enough to fight so hard for him?

I think he is a slickster with too many years as a professional career politician.

I pick up the old school car salesman vibe in under 5 minutes of hearing him speak.

All I hear is coddle, coddle grow OUR team because success is evil.

Insanity is hiring the same carreer politicians over and over and expecting change.

We need a businessman to save the politician induced business death of the US.

Why do you believe, with his long history of politicking, that he is a good choice?
edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: sp.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Bernie only has one hope, Hillary being taken away in cuffs.
That's not going to happen.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Let's hear what Bernie has to say about it, since there is no direct quote in the OP

"In all likelihood, it will be Hillary Clinton,"

"My job right now as a candidate is to fight to make sure that the Democratic Party not only has the most progressive platform in the history of the Democratic Party, but that that platform is actually implemented by elected officials,"

www.cnn.com...

So, yeah, he is staying in the race until the convention so that he can force the Democrats hand on the issues he has been campaigning on. However, there is no chance he gets the nomination; despite the conspiracy theorists wet dream that Hillary gets indicted.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

But why would he do that; To be an embarrassment ? Yet he supports Hillary in the general election this doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This piece is Bernie himself ...note all the right things to be saying ..He is for real change LOL

Here’s What We Want My supporters and I want real change in this country. By Bernie Sanders June 23, 2016 "Information Clearing House" - "Washington Post" - As we head toward the Democratic National Convention, I often hear the question, “What does Bernie want?” Wrong question. The right question is what the 12 million Americans who voted for a political revolution want. And the answer is: They want real change in this country, they want it now and they are prepared to take on the political cowardice and powerful special interests which have prevented that change from happening. They understand that the United States is the richest country in the history of the world, and that new technology and innovation make us wealthier every day. What they don’t understand is why the middle class continues to decline, 47 million of us live in poverty and many Americans are forced to work two or three jobs just to cobble together the income they need to survive. What do we want? We want an economy that is not based on uncontrollable greed, monopolistic practices and illegal behavior. We want an economy that protects the human needs and dignity of all people — children, the elderly, the sick, working people and the poor. We want an economic and political system that works for all of us, not one in which almost all new wealth and power rests with a handful of billionaire families. The current campaign finance system is corrupt. Billionaires and powerful corporations are now, through super PACs, able to spend as much money as they want to buy elections and elect candidates who represent their interests, not the American people. Meanwhile, we have one of the lowest voter turnout rates of any major country on earth, and Republican governors are working overtime to suppress the vote and make it harder for poor people, people of color, seniors and young people to vote. What do we want? We want to overturn the disastrous Citizens United Supreme Court decision and move toward public funding of elections. We want universal voter registration, so that anyone 18 years of age or older who is eligible to vote is automatically registered. We want a vibrant democracy and a well-informed electorate that knows that its views can shape the future of the country.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yeah, he sounded real convicted about carrying on the fight earlier in this interview.

Sarc/off

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

But why would he do that; To be an embarrassment ? Yet he supports Hillary in the general election this doesn't make sense.

Bernie is not going to take a course of action that hurts the Democratic party in the elections. While he debates Clinton he is not going to attack her on all the scandals.

Clinton does not have the delegates to officially be the nominee under the DNC rules. At large delegates put her over but that only becomes official at the voting section of the convention. Thats why the DNC has not declared her the nominee, instead using presumptive nominee. In order to be the official winner prior to the convention she would need the required delegates from the pledged delegates you win from winning the states.

Secondly if he pulls out and Hillary is indict4ed it opens the door for the Democrats to easily pick a replacement, like Biden. By staying in he keeps the possibility of being the nominee and can argue he went through the process where Biden (or whomever) did not.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I actually think that he believes there is a decent chance that FBI will come out and present a serious charge.

If so, this is definitely the way he would go about staying in the race - he would never come right out and say it.

Could that be it?
Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

So are you against Bernie, or Mellenials? Cuz as far as I see it, one day you and everyone else who bad mouths us Mellenials will die and then your opinion really just won't matter. And at that time the world will be ours

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

I actually think that he believes there is a decent chance that FBI will come out and present a serious charge.

If so, this is definitely the way he would go about staying in the race - he would never come right out and say it.

Could that be it?
Thoughts?

Yes....I think you are correct....Bermie is waiting for the Hillary to be charged , so,he's staying in the race.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A little more on why Sen Sanders is not endorsing hilley:

Bernie Sanders explains why he's still not endorsing Hillary Clinton

When pressed why he hasn't endorsed her yet, the Vermont senator responded: "Because I have not heard her say the things that I think needs to be said."
Play Video
Donald Trump praises Brexit vote during Scotland trip

He then laid out three positions Clinton, who has already clinched the necessary delegates to win the Democratic nomination, could stake out to win his endorsement.

"I want her to say among other things, we have a crisis in higher education -- public universities and colleges should be tuition free. Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour," Sanders said. "I believe that healthcare should be a right of all people. I would love her to say that and I would love her to move aggressively to make that happen."

He noted that his campaign has "sat down" with Clinton's campaign to discuss the positions.

source

Go away hilley!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Go away hilley!

Yeah! And go away Donny!
But neither will. So now what?

Got to hand it to Bernie though, even though I don't really like his politics.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Bernie only has one hope, Hillary being taken away in cuffs.
That's not going to happen.

I beg to differ, Bluntone22. Hillary is navigating through a minefield of legal and health-related issues. While November 8th is only a few months away, there are literally hundreds of ways that Hillary Diane Rodham-Clinton can be removed from the November 8th Presidential ballot. Bernie plays chess. He's always thinking, and he knows that Hillary is on very thin ice.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I still have my Bernie sign in the yard, right by the mailbox.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I know what you mean!

#StillSanders Ben Cohen's blog

join