It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Committee: 580 Terror Convictions in U.S. Since 9/11, 380 Terrorists Are Foreign-Born

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A U.S. Senate committee has pointed out that since 9/11, there's been 580 terror convictions in the U.S.

380 of those are foreign born people.

These numbers are for 2001 thru 2014.

40 convicts were initially granted refugee status too.

Interesting.

Senate Committee: 580 Terror Convictions in U.S. Since 9/11, 380 Terrorists Are Foreign-Born

Since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in which Al Qaeda terrorists hijacked four flights—crashing one into each of New York City’s Twin Towers, another into the Pentagon, and the fourth into a field in Pennsylvania—a whopping 580 people have been convicted of terrorism in the United States. An even more astonishing 380 of them were foreign-born, according to a release by the office of Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) and a new report from Fox News

The Department of Justice, Sessions’ subcommittee—the Senate Judiciary Committee’s subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest—uncovered that the Department of Justice has kept a list showing that 580 individuals have been convicted of terrorism-related activities in the United States between Sept. 11, 2001, and Dec. 31, 2014. The list is presumably longer if the past couple years, from Dec. 31, 2014, to present, were included. Of those 580, Sessions’ subcommittee uncovered, at least 380 such individuals were foreign born—meaning they got into the United States either through illegal immigration or via a U.S. government-allowed legal immigration or visa program or refugee program.

Among the 580 convicted, they said, at least 380 were foreign-born. The top countries of origin were Pakistan, Lebanon and Somalia, as well as the Palestinian territories.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Look at US foreign policy - I am not one of the folks who said "Ban all immigrants since they could be terrorists" because that sounds f*cked up and I think 1st world nations should try to provide assistance to anyone fleeing war & violence if they have the means - BUT I will say that all of our bombing campaigns in Syria, and the fact that Syrian refugees are migrating here in large numbers with gov. assistance, that this is intentional and they know what the outcome will be..

Great reason to clamp down and install some sort of Patriot Act 10.0 ... that's where it seems like it is heading

edit on 23-6-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wait...do you mean to tell me that almost 2/3 of all convicted terrorists here in the USA are foreigners? And more than 10% of those are refugees? It can't be right, can it?

new topics

join