It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Crowder educates a lying and manipulative Sky News on the 2nd amendment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is a MUST WATCH.

It's a great example of how the media in both the US and UK are nothing more than propaganda operations. This "journalist" starts right off with a lie (automatic weapons are a problem in the US) that Crowder decimates, but then the useful idiot doubles down and carries on like he hasn't just been refuted. One of the most baffling things about the whole gun "debate" is how uninformed the anti-gun side is. Not only that, but they think being uninformed is a mere technicality to be dismissed.

Undeniable facts:

-Automatic weapons are already banned
-An Assault Rifle is an automatic weapon
-An "Assault Weapon" and a buzz word created to muddy the waters, but includes any weapon that is semi-automatic
-Self defense is a basic human right and a right that is guaranteed to Americans by our constitution.

edit on 23-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Anyone else wish that ATS had a "Second Amendment" forum so we could just click ignore.

We get it!

Some of you guys love your guns and the only way you will give them up is by having them pulled out of your "cold dead hands" as "Born in the USA" plays in the background after you have eaten a slice of Apple pie and watched Die Hard. You love your big shiny Guns. No matter how many die or how many logical arguments are presented.

Others have a wrong (different) opinion on guns

yeah we get it, we all know the arguments, we don't need a thread a day on it.

Especially one that is so minimal.
edit on 23-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hahahah!

If you want to be a victim move to Germany!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I saw that.
Pretty impressed with Steve Crowder and the way he handled things.

Too often these days those reading the news allow their own opinions to colour their presentation, not just on this but pretty much every issue.

Wouldn't have had Trevor MacDonald or Moira Stewart acting like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Twisted that is what the news is turning into today. No agenda here folks move along. However if you must stay please drink this tasty kool aid full of our version of the truth.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Crowder can certainly carry a verbal argument. Every point he lauded has been made previously @ ATS in writing ... hundreds and hundreds of times.

Good reinforcement. S&F

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else wish that ATS had a "Second Amendment" forum so we could just click ignore.

We get it!

Ahhhhhahahahaha

edit on 2362016 by Snarl because: Funtorama

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Twisted that is what the news is turning into today. No agenda here folks move along. However if you must stay please drink this tasty kool aid full of our version of the truth.

Conspiracies don't exist.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Anyone else wish that ATS had a "Second Amendment" forum so we could just click ignore. We get it! Some of you guys love your guns and the only way you will give them up is by having them pulled out of your "cold dead hands" as "Born in the USA" plays in the background after you have eaten a slice of Apple pie and watched Die Hard. You love your big shiny Guns. No matter how many die or how many logical arguments are presented. Others have a wrong (different) opinion on guns yeah we get it, we all know the arguments, we don't need a thread a day on it. Especially one that is so minimal.

Umm you do not have to read and reply to any threads you want to ignore ... there problem fixed.
edit on 23-6-2016 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It's hard to explain to a "subject" what rights a "citizen" should have.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

Anyone else wish that ATS had a "Second Amendment" forum so we could just click ignore. We get it! Some of you guys love your guns and the only way you will give them up is by having them pulled out of your "cold dead hands" as "Born in the USA" plays in the background after you have eaten a slice of Apple pie and watched Die Hard. You love your big shiny Guns. No matter how many die or how many logical arguments are presented. Others have a wrong (different) opinion on guns yeah we get it, we all know the arguments, we don't need a thread a day on it. Especially one that is so minimal.

Umm you do not have to read and reply to any threads you want to ignore ... there problem fixed.

I would do that but then i wouldn't be able to get in the first "anti-gun" post and then generate 20 pages of pro-gun guys telling me what a stupid idiot i am and how i am just a "subject" and don't understand because i am not "free" and so on and so fourth, most of which i wont bother responding to and just have a bit of a laugh at......

Really if i didn't point out that guns might be bad on ATS you guys would be rather bored i think.

you should thank me.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It's hard to explain to a "subject" what rights a "citizen" should have.

Yeah I liked how Crowder pointed out that the so called journalist doesn't have a basic right to freedom of speech or self defense and that maybe he just doesn't understand such concepts.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Lol thx for the sense of humor. But seriously in the US everyone has a right not to buy a firearm ... no one is forcing gun ownership on anyone.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I would do that but then i wouldn't be able to get in the first "anti-gun" post and then generate 20 pages of pro-gun guys telling me what a stupid idiot i am and how i am just a "subject" and don't understand because i am not "free" and so on and so fourth, most of which i wont bother responding to and just have a bit of a laugh at......

Oh you poor, poor boy. Just because people refute your misinformed ideas, doesn't mean they're out to get you.

Really if i didn't point out that guns might be bad on ATS you guys would be rather bored i think.

Guns are just tools like any other. Un-inventing them isn't an option and even if you could, there would be other weapons like swords, cross bows and trebuchets. For whatever reason your brain won't allow you to see this truth. I for one think it has something to do with a slave like mentality. You've been domesticated and just can't fathom a human being with a natural right to self defense.

That being said I do enjoy a good debate and people who will play devil's advocate if nothing else.

edit on 23-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Oh you poor, poor boy. Just because people refute your misinformed ideas, doesn't mean they're out to get you.

Darn i forgot to include misinformed!

Also if you look closely you will notice that i did not actually give any ideas only express a view that I think guns might not be the best of things to be giving out to every man and his dog like candy.

Its interesting however that you view any opinion other than your own as "misinformed"

I will happily acknowledge that there are very good arguments for keeping gun laws as they are I can respect a well presented, logical and factual "pro gun" argument.

.....just a shame we don't see them often on ATS.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

you should thank me.

What exactly is your argument against a legally armed citizen who chooses to be one for the sake of defending themselves or their family?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

you should thank me.

What exactly is your argument against a legally armed citizen who chooses to be one for the sake of defending themselves or their family?

My argument would not be against the second amendment my argument is actually against the ease at which one can own a gun in America and the range of weapons available.

Now the problem with a gun debate on ATS is this, next you are going to ask me "what changes would you make" as if I have all the answers. I don't know what changes i would make, what i do know is that with mass murders being a almost weekly occurrence and guns being a common theme then its fair to say that America has a guns problem and that as such some changes have to be made.

The problem is that you are all (in my view) so selfishly obsessed with keeping your guns that you put up defensive barriers to actual constructive debate and embracing some comprise that would still retain your right to defend your home and family but also make guns harder to own and and increase regulation.

You just put the blinkers on and refuse to see any view that says it might not be a good idea to give guns outs like candy
edit on 23-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
He didnt educate the reporter. He just frustrated him because he wasnt able to understand what he was saying.
Blinders are on for the anti-gun crowd.

The last closing statement was ""i hope you have your safety on"

I liked the commentary but hated the obvious divide each side clings to regarding the ability to own guns..

B

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Also if you look closely you will notice that i did not actually give any ideas only express a view that I think guns might not be the best of things to be giving out to every man and his dog like candy.

That's not happening. That's a media created narrative.

Its interesting however that you view any opinion other than your own as "misinformed"

When did I say that? Never. I like other opinions. What I don't like is people who misrepresent facts. For example, the so called journalist in this video started off my claiming automatic weapons are a problem in the US. The undeniable fact is that's a bald face lie. Disagreeing with that man does not mean I view any opinion other than mine as "uninformed".

Understand?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

you should thank me.

And if there had been a gun ban back in the day , we would still be under British control.
Wonderful thing this second Amendment if you think about it.
Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

There are about 11,000 gun homicides in the US yearly. The number of gun homicides and violence crime in general have been declining per capita for decades. This is occuring at the same time the numbers of guns in public hands are at historic high. So no, I do not see a gun epidemic in the US. The media would like people to think so. If you compare that to the rising numbers of people killed by medical mistakes (250000 this year and rising), more lives would be saved if we put our effort into making medical practice safer.
edit on 23-6-2016 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join