It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I have the worlds most useless Psychic ability

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It can not be worse than mine. Every single idea i have come up with for plot devices in story telling is pretty much being stolen from me every single day.

The good dinosaur stole my idea of a river washing away the main character.

That idea... mine was more intricate as the place whwre you wake up is where two different rivers come together... but which one did you come in from? Too bad the good dinosaur sucked so much.

Another idea? The one i am working on for story telling is all centered around murder. Particularly serial killing.

And if i see a movie that steals my current ideas? I am going to give up.

Even when I was young i had brilliant ideas for music, only to see my ideas fully furnished in movies, video games, and tv shows....

I think the issue with things suddenly appearing before our eyes is that everyone else has run out of ideas just as we have. So they try to capitalize on their ideas before anyone else has a chance to do anything to make money from it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
LOL that's a good one. I did a facebook post a while ago, asking friends what their most awesome true superpower was. Had some interesting replies.

One of my own personal powers is an absolute gem: Just by looking at a cup of tea or coffee, and knowing when I made it, I can tell the exact moment when it's cooled enough to be drinkable, without touching or otherwise examining the beverage/ cup. Strike the perfect temperature every time, right in the goldilocks zone of 'not too hot, not too cold'.

T'is truly a mighty honour to have such powers bestowed upon us...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

You should really look into your creative side a little deeper, give your intuitive PSY skills a little credit here - it seems you might be tapping into the Collective Unconscious, specifically, that aspect of it which holds information from people currently working on artistic projects, which may later come to be fully produced. You're clearly either pulling out the same root ideas from the 'cloud' of our colective unconscious, or you are picking up on the more particular details by dreamwalking into the nocturnal visions of persons already engaged successfully in professional story-telling. I believe you shouldn't give up, but perhaps get into some self-hypnosis, try to locate the ideas from the cloud which have been set aside just for you...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

just an update from my keyboard you might find helpful...

listverse.com...

When an event is recalled, it is essentially recalibrated and refiled in the brain, often (if not always) colored by the mood and mindset at the time of recall.
This is how memories become unreliable.
It is also how traumatic memories become less so over time as the initial emotional reaction to the event (the trauma) is adjusted according to the emotional state at the time of recall

in the case of this thread, the first sentence applies...

you suddenly are recalling a certain comedy skit on the 'Simpsons'... it is because your neural pathways are recalling a memory in a process called memory reconsolidation.. flavored in the moment with your personal mood & mindset at the time....

as far as the event reshowing on the screen in a short time...

it may not be so much the woo-woo 'Synchronicity' angle

as much as the mood & feelings and worldview you are having now that is an Echo from the past so you are creating a mental or tapping into a mental time-space non-local entanglement event/experience

top topics

<< 1   >>

join