It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's charity claims could violate fraud laws

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
It doesn't matter what Hillary does, it's always defended.

Even when it comes to possible illegal activity her cult following comes in to say, "But but but GOP! But but but racism! But but but but but!," in a vain attempt to defend their messiah.

Fixed it for you.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So there you go. Choose your criminal and next President. Hillary "I want to keep my state secrets personal" Clinton or Donald "I abuse people in need for my own profit" Trump.

As far as I know, the only significant charity contributions have been from the contestants on his TV show, Apprentice.

I think he tried to snake them as his own.

Something I read months ago.

edit on 20-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Still better than a warmonger who cares not for the lives of little people, and thinks it's funny to kill people in other countries. Has problems maintaining positions on important topics (still not sure which Hillary is running this time), constantly lies in public about things that don't need to be lied about, and supports the human rights abuses in many countries that back her. She hides her true intentions by having back door events for wall street and using white noise generators to keep reporters from doing their job.

But "what difference does it make," right?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not surprised. I've known Trump is an arrogant buffoon since the 90's. My mom used to talk about how much of an asshole he was every time he'd pop up in the news. For good cause too since he's a rampant misogynist.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm not surprised. I've known Trump is an arrogant buffoon since the 90's. My mom used to talk about how much of an asshole he was every time he'd pop up in the news. For good cause too since he's a rampant misogynist.

My boss, 20+ years ago, was a Howard Stern fan.

He blasted Howard's show over the sound system every morning.

Trump was a frequent guest. His ego is off the charts.

I think a business man does need a healthy ego, they need to believe in themselves and what they're selling - - - but, there is a limit.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Here's some fun reading:
5 "Geniuses" Who Drove Their Legacies Into the Ground

#1. Donald Trump

In 1990, a mediocre businessman (but shrewd marketer) from New York City named Donald Trump gave an interview in Playboy in which he claimed that America needed a bigger ego -- one like his. His fear was that America was being "outegotized" by Saudi Arabia, West Germany, and Japan. To think, just 30 years later, America would get all this swagger back when Trump ran for president, claiming that having hosted an "incredible" Miss Universe pageant in Russia was legitimate foreign policy experience qualifying him to possess nuclear codes.

In the intervening decades, Trump has not only turned his idea of ego into parody, but also into a runaway train of fraud, failure, and shamelessness. From being so desperate for media attention that he pretended to be his own publicist under the name John Barron, to creating Trump "University," which is currently being sued for "not just ... fraud, false advertising, and unfair business practices, but also [for] having used such tactics against vulnerable seniors in ways that violated special "financial elder abuse" statutes in California and Florida." Vulnerable seniors, Donald? Come on, man! You've already cornered the market on vulnerable younger Eastern European women. Can't you leave some demographic undisturbed?

The failures ... there have been so many failures. There were Trump Steaks, about which the CEO of the only store carrying them said, "we literally sold almost no steaks." Trump Magazine, which also flopped. Trump Airlines. And the four bankruptcies in Atlantic City, New York, and Indiana. Like Jobs, his certainty works, except when it doesn't. Like the 2006 prophetic statement from a man who considers himself a real estate visionary: "I think it's a great time to start a mortgage company." Nailed it.

Trump's supporters brush all these aside. "He's very rich, you know," they say (or rather, Trump says this himself, pretending to be a spokesperson). But the reality is that Trump is a liar. He has claimed to be worth $1.7 billion and $5 billion on the same goddamn day! Gawker actually has an impressive timeline of his inflated net worth, and when Gawker has legitimate criticism of you, that's saying something. In any case, it's incredibly important to Trump that you know that he's a billionaire. Except he might not actually be. One of his biographers was sued by Trump (for billions) for saying that "Three people with direct knowledge of Donald's finances, people who had worked closely with him for years, told me that they thought his net worth was somewhere between $150 million and $250 million." That case was thrown out.

Of course, lying comes quite naturally to Trump, maybe moreso than it does for other egomaniacs. PolitiFact analyzed 77 of his statements last year, and you know how many it found false? Three out of four! Just think, by this standard, a one-hour speech from him has about 45 minutes of pure lies. But what's most impressive is that he's so delusional that he doesn't even think he's lying. He literally lives in a world where he is entitled to his own facts.

But, you might reply, how has this cost him anything? He's still rich. He might well be president very soon. I believe that is quite possible. And I believe Andrew Sullivan when he calls this an "extinction-level event." In this sense, Donald Trump and his ego will win only in the Charlie Sheen sense, and the tragic, ignominious end is written all over his bloated orange face. And when it happens, we all lose with him ... because we're doing to die in World War III or in a new depression that will make Herbert Hoover look like a great president.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not sure what is in people's minds that they support this guy for president. It's bizarre.

At least Hillary knows what's required in politics. And she knows the issues.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It is something that will be studied in political science classes for many generations to come. As upsetting as his bid for Presidency is, it is history in the making. He changed the way elections are ran (and not for the better either). So being a trend setter alone is enough to cement SOME sort of legacy. Whether that will be good or bad remains to be seen.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There is a YUGE difference between what you have described and Hilary's PERSONAL email server.

Alas...I think I saw a thread here on ATS about some scandal involving Hillary's email server? Maybe even more than one? Perhaps you could visit it rather than sadly trying to distract from Trump defrauding folks in the name of charity.

One is a charity that is run by a director who is not Trump and may have run afoul of some obscure laws.

Uhh...No..There WAS NO CHARITY...nor "director"...he made it up to sell Vodka, Books and other things...

And claiming profits will go to charity and then keeping it all for yourself is not "some obscure law"...it is outright FRAUD.

His campaign has refused to comment. Trump publicly and repeatedly claimed he was giving profits to charity when he was selling his books and vodka...and NO ONE can find ANY donations to charity for those years.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Clinton
Foundation

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join