It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2014: ISIS Goes Global 90 Attacks in 21 Countries: 1400 dead - The New Trend 2016 Onward

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Honestly, I think it's a combination of people being overly dramatic and kneejerk bigotry. People don't seem to worry about the things that are actually likely to kill them, like heart disease, cancer, car wrecks, flu and pneumonia, strokes, drug overdoses (legal and illegal), etc. But if it's some "scary" demographic of people, they jump all over it because it excites their imaginations and allows them to deflect from their real problems in life.

I guess it's like people telling scary stories around a campfire. If you tell a story about something realistic that can kill you, like choking to death on a pretzel, then everyone else will yawn. But if you tell a "confirmed" legend about a ghost that stalks kids from your bloodline, people will love it. It doesn't matter that there's no proof of any actual threat from kid-stalking ghosts.

Oh, here's where I get some of my US death stats. Now compare these actual causes of death for Americans with the 1,400 global ISIS-terror murders from your OP, then ask what the real threats are.

Leading Causes of Death

Heart disease: 614,348
• Cancer: 591,699
• Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
• Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
• Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
• Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
• Diabetes: 76,488
• Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
• Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
• Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

edit on 19-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join