It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made me a believer.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The mandela effect seems ridiculous. Parallel Earth? Yah right.

But for just me, two things convinced me that I am now living on a different Earth, whether that is a physical reality or something involving time-space or multiuniverses or dimensions.

Here are the two things, which only has much meaning for me since it is just experience, not evidence.

I taught elementary school for 30 years, mostly grade 3. Berenstain was Berenstein. No question what the bears were called in my world. In this world they have a different name.

World geography. For 30 years I gave my students a world map and an atlas, and asked them to label the continents, and then I marked every one. The world map was etched on my mind. Australia wasn't crammed up next to Asia. No way. But here it is, and always has been.

There is a big mystery here when I look at this. But that is what I feel is true. Just my feeling.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Maps change all the time, they update them when borders and territories change due to war and political upheaval.

The position of the continents hasn't changed much since they invented air travel.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Maps change all the time, they update them when borders and territories change due to war and political upheaval.

The position of the continents hasn't changed much since they invented air travel.

The change in the position of Australia is extreme, and in no way as a result to map changes by map makers.
The attack dogs are here. I'm not interested. Good-night to all.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
hi , I respect you believe.

but when it comes to maps i am very sceptic.

All maps are man made and there are different kind of map projections.
you can look it up here mapprojections

Although , I also believe that something is going on with the mandela effect that cant be denied. The berenst?in example is a very strong indicator that something isn't 'right'. I'm living in Europe and therefore a lot of examples are meaningless for me. But the translation of films movies e.d. are often the same (if translated back to english) as people remember them in the u.s.a. coincidence ? I dont think so !

Is it Just Bad memory ?

Even if it's just bad memory (which i highly doubt) It's my opinion that the mandela effect deserves to be investigated. Because the 'Bad memory' theory doesn't explain why the sudden so much people are having 'bad memory'.

Also , The Wayback machine / Google is unreliable searching for clues because pages are dynamically generated. Google adapting search results on the fly (!see hillary campagain) has also been proven This means that yes indeed human memory can be more reliable than searchengines or the wayback machine. In this case it has been proven that the mandela effect isn' t just bad memory !

Paralleluniverses and other far fetched ideas.

The reason that people dismiss/debunk these Ideas (not me) is that they are way outside the box.
But that doesn't make them untrue just hard to believe.
Science is ever advancing and I can't believe that science has explained/discovered everything there is. Science is also these days very subjective if one can ' buy' college trolls. Than it says something about the integrity of grown up college trolls (AKA scientists).Note Terrence Mckenna (although not part of the scientific club) talked about the ME effect even before anyone knew what it was (Timewave zero -The movement into the future always involves the revisioning of the past).

The point that I want to make here is that science isn't finished and there might be so much more out there that deserves to be investigated even if it's very far fetched.

furthermore , good look investigating the ME effect.

edit on 6192016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

edit on 6192016 by frenchfries because: link added

edit on 6192016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
and where exactly would you think Au should be? its right on the perfect long for the warm weather, any further south and it would start getting very chilly.

Bearenstain bears is unique because it is spelled oddly, but pronounced the same as a extremely common last name style (feinstein, einstein, etc..tons of stein lastnames..so, the brain simply holds it the same.

Was it super critical to your life that you had to remember the slight variation? doubtful. you just misremember and others reinforced a bad memory..like many other...memes.

Jasper the friendly ghost changed though.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

The change in the position of Australia is extreme, and in no way as a result to map changes by map makers.

Nah, we've been here all along. You do know that maps are often not to accurate scale, right?

The scale of a map is the ratio of a distance on the map to the corresponding distance on the ground. This simple concept is complicated by the curvature of the Earth's surface, which forces scale to vary across a map. Because of this variation, the concept of scale becomes meaningful in two distinct ways. The first way is the ratio of the size of the generating globe to the size of the Earth. The generating globe is a conceptual model to which the Earth is shrunk and from which the map is projected.

The ratio of the Earth's size to the generating globe's size is called the nominal scale (= principal scale = representative fraction). Many maps state the nominal scale and may even display a bar scale (sometimes merely called a 'scale') to represent it. The second distinct concept of scale applies to the variation in scale across a map. It is the ratio of the mapped point's scale to the nominal scale. In this case 'scale' means the scale factor (= point scale = particular scale).

If the region of the map is small enough to ignore Earth's curvature—a town plan, for example—then a single value can be used as the scale without causing measurement errors. In maps covering larger areas, or the whole Earth, the map's scale may be less useful or even useless in measuring distances. The map projection becomes critical in understanding how scale varies throughout the map.[1][2] When scale varies noticeably, it can be accounted for as the scale factor. Tissot's indicatrix is often used to illustrate the variation of point scale across a map.

en.wikipedia.org...(map)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

attack dogs = someone who disagrees
not interested...but made a thread in a open forum meant for debate.

nite.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

attack dogs = someone who disagrees
not interested...but made a thread in a open forum meant for debate.

nite.

Maybe he started the thread in the alternate reality where debate is something people shun, in favour of seeking approval. But ended up in this reality without realising it.

We all know Australia and New Zealand have moved. Proof.

edit on 19-6-2016 by Parafitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

If you read the post carefully you can see that they understand fully that it sounds bizarre. I doubt that the comment about the "attack dogs" refers to people who disagree with a bizarre sounding theory. If you look at some of the Mandela Effect threads here you'll see how people are hounded, harassed and belittled on and on with the same basic points by people who refuse to be intellectually honest and lie and twist things around, calling those engaged in the conversation liars, etc. It is absurd and impossible to have a conversation that way.

So I believe that comment was referring to those people and not to people who generally disagree.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
For me, it was "Berestein Bears" and Australia was off on its own, nowhere near Asia. It was actually quite low on the map.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Because the 'Bad memory' theory doesn't explain why the sudden so much people are having 'bad memory'.

How can we be sure though, if people can't remember?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have not experienced all of the mandella effects. Some, I am not sure of, some I have not experienced at all, but some are crystal clear. For instance, mirror, mirror on the wall from Snow white, not magic mirror.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm still trying to fathom this one, people make these shifting reality claims and cite examples but often don;t link them.

Like Snow White. I don't understand, the movie says magic mirror?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well we are sure that ME is a relatively new effect (read sudden) or do you imply that ME is a old effect ? If so please enlighten me.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I looked it up. Now I get it… I don't agree with it, think its a psyop to confuse people when they change written history.

The Mandela Effect is a theory put forth by writer and “paranormal consultant” Fiona Broome that shared false memories are in fact glimpses into parallel worlds with different timelines.

Mandela effect, defi

Ive glimpsed 'parallel' worlds before, they are really real, this is BS.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Never heard of the Beerstain Bears before, but Oz has always been where it is.

I'm no cartographer but...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I looked it up. Now I get it… I don't agree with it, think its a psyop to confuse people when they change written history.

The Mandela Effect is a theory put forth by writer and “paranormal consultant” Fiona Broome that shared false memories are in fact glimpses into parallel worlds with different timelines.

Mandela effect, defi

Ive glimpsed 'parallel' worlds before, they are really real, this is BS.

hmmm... I dont entirely agree with you then again you could be on the right track with 'Psyop'. I don't know what ME is but it DOES exists although there are some really outlandish theories that try to explain the fenomenon.

In the worst case it is just that people start to misremember stuff en masse in the last years (something in the water
. So what causes the misremembering ? Psyop's , could be or could be not. I keep an open mind...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Never heard of the Beerstain Bears before, but Oz has always been where it is.

I'm no cartographer but...

Dear sir

are you suggesting somehow americans are geographically challenged and would rather blame entire universe shifts verses a shoddy education system?

..how dare you. HOW DARE YEOUUUUUU!!!!!

Australia has always been off the coast of south america right next to antartic like we remember, not out there in asia.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

By attack dogs I think yo meant to say those with common sense who can break down your argument, some of us even collect maps as a hobby.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I believe the map is a visual trick, as people from the USA will be looking at USA mainly and oz will always be in the peripheral vision, in the bottom right corner! as when looking at maps your face is generally close.but when looking at oz it seems close to Asia because it's in your main view , which is true . It's just perspective

If I'm fully of bs please comment .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join