It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Can draftees be ordered to uphold martial law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So it seems that today marks the day when lesser men decided that drafting women is a good thing. It got my conspiracy engine running and with all of the back to back to back to back current events. Is it somewhere written in law where Americans can be drafted to only uphold martial law? If so, if one were to refuse, would court martial apply? No more civilian courts?

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

As someone who has been in the Marine Corps for 15 years now. I am completely against the Draft.

There are enough useless dirtbags in the military that we have to deal with as it is. I have no desire to deal with useless dirtbags who are forced to be there against their will.

To address your snide remark about women being drafted, if they are going to use the Draft then it should be fair across the board. So I don't see why they wouldn't draft women too.

Now on to the OP.

If they were drafted then they would be subject to all Orders and Policies that any other service member would.

But, what you seem to be implying is entire units made up of draftees for the sole purpose of Martial Law. Which is just stupid.

The vast majority of active duty service members would not participate in a Martial Law situation and many would actively side with the people against whoever was threatening them.

So you would have a bunch of pansy ass barely trained useless dirtbags attempting to enforce Martial Law against a bunch of combat hardened warriors who take their oath to support and defend the Constitution seriously.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Happy to hear your scathing opinion?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The oath is to protect the constitution against enemies foreign and domestic, If marshal law came down the one that declaired it would be a traitor to the constitution and therefore not able to give "lawful orders"....

I would foresee about 75% or greater of the Military would hold a similar viewpoint...

Hence why most military is kept forward Deployed because if it happens they do not want them Here in the country.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: watchitburn

Happy to hear your scathing opinion?

I'm here for you.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Question: Can draftees be ordered to uphold martial law?

Yes.

Doesn't matter if they are voluntary or drafted.

Once your in they have to follow orders.

But they have to get around the whole Posse Comitatus Act first.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Some interesting thoughts. I don't think it would be too far fetched to believe that those drafted and that made it out of boot and told to enforce martial law would go awol or resist.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Absolutely. Sure could and have to if so ordered.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Marshal law were? It would be impossible to declare Marshal law over the entire USA.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
The oath is to protect the constitution against enemies foreign and domestic, If marshal law came down the one that declaired it would be a traitor to the constitution and therefore not able to give "lawful orders"....

I would foresee about 75% or greater of the Military would hold a similar viewpoint...

Hence why most military is kept forward Deployed because if it happens they do not want them Here in the country.

You got it . Give the poster their prize . Not only standing military , but ex-military who served their terms .(but the term is Martial) .That is precisely what we are sworn to do. Day 1 .Protect the Constitution from enemies. And you paraphrased Military Code correctly as well. We do have the right to disobey orders if we feel that order is unjust and against the Constitution. And the good thing, being ex-military , I dont have to follow anyone's orders. Just keep on with my Military Oath.
Peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Once your in they have to follow orders.

One doesn't *have* to follow orders. Any order, whether lawful or constitutional or not. One might suffer consequences, but one doesn't *have* to.

Such is volition.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The draftees will be sent with the rest of the soldiers to other countries to help out with their marshal law and other countries soldiers will be sent to our country to help out with our martial law.

It'll all be linked together and carefully organized by the UN and etc.

This is the plan for the final clamp down, when all the western countries (ours included) have their "spring".

No soldier can really be expected to disarm and police their own people. This way it's not such a big deal.
Chinese and Russian soldiers over here and American, German, French, Australian over there.

edit on 15-6-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What would you do if drafted? Comply? Obey? Obey blood sucking evil beyond words to describe them, monsters? Or say NO and while here, you have the right to remain silent, you are being charged with massive crimes against freedom, equality, democracy, and treason!

Do you guys obey? These monsters?

Or is it like this weird twisted, wait for whatever new drama and gong show, and then new twisted illegal and unlawful at conception therefore they don't exist and can't be enforced by both national and international law, "laws" that drop from their mouths and pens, and then obey because you have no power.

They don't. They are the hired managers of your childrens estate and direct employees and no matter what you do not comply with anything that violates, constitution, common law which is a list of thou shalt not harm, including their continual attempts to enslave you, and your conscience. You are the boss.

TAKE YOUR AUTHORITY BACK.

Hold up your head and refuse.

There is no draft, its a null and void at conception concept and so it does not exist. All there is is bad guys trying to illegally force you.

REFUSE TO LET THEM!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
So it seems that today marks the day when lesser men decided that drafting women is a good thing.

Right. Scream for equality for everything good with none of the bad.I'm certainly not pro draft one bit but if we are all equal (which we are) then why should I be forced to go die for my County but you can't? Seems a bit one sided eh?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

WTH are you talking about?

top topics

join