It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conscious AI could one day control EVERY device on the planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We're headed towards the Omega Point. The universe started from information and will end with information. It's all code.

Artificial intelligence can now cook you a meal, chat to you on your phone, and beat you in a game of rock, paper, scissors.

But Andy Rubin, who co-founded Android, believes that AI in the future will go one step further - being so powerful that it underpins every connected device.

Mr Rubin said a combination of quantum computing and AI advancements could yield a conscious intelligence that would control every internet-enabled gadget.

Mr Rubin believes that both artificial intelligence and quantum computing are good at pattern matching, and could greatly complement one another.
He added: 'Those two things combined in hundreds of years might get us to the point of this conundrum, who is the master and who is the servant and all that.'

www.dailymail.co.uk... mFP22

This is inevitable if you ask me. It doesn't take a Ph.D to see this. All you have to do is look at technology today and extrapolate it out to 100 years from now. Just like if you look at technology today vs. 100 years into the past.

This will be stopped though if we kill each other off or some natural disaster occurs that's an E.L.E. I agree with Dr. Kaku when he says we're transitioning from a type 0 to a type 1 civilization and the resistence to this change in the form of things like terrorism will get stronger.

edit on 15-6-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Interesting, what really grabbed me though is the bit about 6 minutes into the video, about how quantum mechanics predict the existence of parallel universes and this quote;

"Quantum computing-Artificial intelligence is here. Quantum computation will be the first technology that allows useful tasks to be performed in collaboration between parrallel universes" by David Deutsch.

That's statements pretty mind blowing! It occurs to me that if there is such an enormous number of variable realities as they define as parallel universes then at some point in time and space they could converge, kind of like a crossroads where different paths lead to the the same place... Food for thought anyway.

As for how technology will progress in the next 100 years, well who knows, but it depends if we can make it that far as a civilization no doubt..
Good find, starred an flagged.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Quantum search of criminals!? Crap, I'm screwed.

new topics

join