It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zombie Apocalypse Finally happened

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

All I got out of that whole wall of drivel is "don't insult me while I'm insulting you!"

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Comparing SA to the current state at which the US is like apples to oranges.

Considering the amount of mental health drugs floating around the US. And the lack of health care in South Africa, one is a controlled country the other is wild wild west, dog eat dog. The US is trying to boast their superiority through innovation and technology, yet you all come across as a bunch of cowboys. Which is it? You want people to whip out their gun in a meeting, or fold over their jacket in a movie theatre, or sit down and have a civil conversation or have piece of mind without fearing if they have that bullet proof vest, or a CC weapon.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Belittling me won't stop me.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

But its ok to belittle millions of gun owners who do NOTHING.

Because that is what gun control does.

99.9999% of gun owners obey the LAWS.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

But its ok to belittle millions of gun owners who do NOTHING.

Because that is what gun control does.

Wrong... just plain wrong. Stats pulled out of thin air.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You're right. This latest killer was obeying the LAWS. Until he didn't.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

edit on 6/15/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Maybe i'm going to be sorry for this post, but as an outsider a bit ignorant of all the soap opera, the image we had of US is that everyone was free to own guns, in some states a bank would offer you one for opening an account. Obviously this is a self centered opinion, but how come the country of all the freedom is now trying to disarm its own people?
Dont any of you find that weird? then all the armed people in the US would be who? military? That is a very scary idea.
Taking that power back from the people, its not just controling its leaving you powerless from a real threat; the scary part is if that "threat" is being planned against you, by the same people who are trying to leave you powerless.

Just say'in sorry for something
edit on 8461930x0000002402pm630 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

edit on 8952930x0000001503pm630 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You ignore the rest of my post. Please read everything I said, and see what I am coming across with here. Stop attacking me at the throat when you see the word "freedom" in the way you don't like to see it.

Im sorry, im not attacking anything. Im just giving my opinion on a message board. Put the fisticuffs away....its unwanted.

The rest of the post was a slippery slope fallacy. i didn't feel it worthy to comment on, if im being honest.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Right pulled out of thin air!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That's right, they come from a bunch of old men who wrote it shortly after a time of war and complete oppression, over 300 years ago. Last time I checked there is a man who is holding the presidential office who is of African American descent, you can own guns, you can do what ever you want. But gun control isn't taking away freedom. With lack of gun control, and I hate repeating myself (like talking to a brick wall) you are oppressing yourselves, once again, delusional and in denial. And I love how you people label me as an 'anti-gun' - probably followed by a bunch of other derogatory liberal statements - but I haven't said such a thing. Stop pointing fingers, stop being THAT guy who stands up at the meeting and spouts out BS thinking he or she is right. Just because AMERICA said so, doesn't make it so. Clinging onto something that harms society and makes people not trust one another isn't bettering your country, it's making it worse. Once again, like an alcoholic.

Ahh where to begin with the mistakes in your response. The main issue with "gun control" in the US [which I notice you are not a citizen of] is that really when a crime is committed with a fire arm the first thing to be made to go away is the weapons charge [and most politicians start off as lawyers, think about that]. Then we actually look at the crime stats for "long guns" they are barely a blip on the stats. Now hand guns are the weapon of choice for criminal and they reason for that is they are easy to conceal, which makes them easier to use for committing crimes. Where a rifle is not easy to conceal and hence impractical for most crimes. With this recent shooting we have a number of actual facts that mess with the narratives about these mass shootings. First the guy was employed as a security guard and hypothetically would have had to undergo background checks for employment, second he legally purchased the guns, third he was aided by his spouse in the crime and some of the causalities seem to be due to a victim escaping and barricading the door. So if you want to comment on a thread that deals with issues from a country you are not a citizen of don't be shocked when we Americans come out swinging at you for interfering like many people accuse us Americans of doing.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Comparing SA to the current state at which the US is like apples to oranges.

Considering the amount of mental health drugs floating around the US. And the lack of health care in South Africa, one is a controlled country the other is wild wild west, dog eat dog. The US is trying to boast their superiority through innovation and technology, yet you all come across as a bunch of cowboys. Which is it? You want people to whip out their gun in a meeting, or fold over their jacket in a movie theatre, or sit down and have a civil conversation or have piece of mind without fearing if they have that bullet proof vest, or a CC weapon.

My point was two fold; an equal playing field where everyone has a gun is preferable to a society where only private and public sector criminals have guns. The second is that responsible people who think critically and consider the consequences of their actions do not go out and search for people kill.

So trying to turn this into something else, just failed ;-)

ETA: BTW, when I was in South Africa it was a first world country, much like the US. Apartheid was almost dismantled, but it was pre-super-corrupt-ANC installation by the IMF and their political wing, the UN. We had better medical care and better doctors. SA was also a republic, not terribly unlike the US. We had the right to bear arms and we're not by law allowed to go around shooting anyone we chose. Sounds like a huge difference to me lol.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/15.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll
a reply to: neo96

These "zombie apocalypse" threads are never about actual zombies.

Yeah, how depressing. I could use a good zombie flower chemistry thread. So many of the meds people take include the acetylcholine reducing chemistry. No wonder we have a choice of trump or Hillary.

Woops off topic again.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

But the 2 parties are people too.

The national political parties are non-profit corporations, exempt from taxes under the IRS code as 527 organizations. 527s can also be independent political action committees, but the Republican National Committee and the Democratic National Committee have been sheltered under those rules for a long time. Remember, the national parties in the US are actually umbrella groups, with member parties from the 50 states, DC and the territories. How any local party may be structured can be different, based on state laws. There are also often separately registered structures, such as the national campaign committees to elect party members to the Senate and to the House of Representatives.

Source

Every 4 to 8 years America can choose between the same 2 people and apparently never get sick of it. You wonder about gun control etc and other issues, its only a matter of time before these people have their way, one way or another.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Since when does freedom involve owning a semi-automatic fire arm?

By more people owning guns, the less freedom people will have, the US is slowly choking themselves to death. People need to walk on eggshells everywhere they go because all it takes is one trigger happy idiot to get their ego all in a twist and pull out their gun. You are all afraid of each other, more than your government and you don't even know it!

It's like an alcoholic, they know they drink, they know it can hurt them, but they don't know how much it hurts others around them. By you owning a gun, it puts others in immediate danger, and they fear for their lives, whether you like it or not. It's an arms race. Stop ignoring the elephant in the room and find a solution before you get to a point where these mass shootings will be a daily occurrence.
Then come back here and tell us, did more guns solve the issue? Or ignoring what government is trying to fix cause the issue?
Delusional.

It's darwinism at work. The US public will end up so fearful so well armed that they will start shooting their neighbour because the dog pissed on the wrong tree. When the death count reaches a sufficient high level they will introduce gun legislation. Then you enter the phase of those with guns "defending" their right to arms against the authorities.

End result : the gun wielding public will be dead. It's inevitable given the current attitudes.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This zombie apocalypse involves neither zombies nor the apocalypse.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war"
edit on 15-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join