It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Terror Attacks could have been prevented if someone spoke up but we are too conditioned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Look, you can repeat that Islam is peaceful all you want. If you feel that way move to Syria...maybe Egypt and tell me how that works out for you.

I was talking about reaction by our country here. The rebel flag does not symbolize slavery. That is what the MSM and school wants to teach you. There were many people who flew that flag that saved slaves and other. Islam does promote many acts of violence. Are they good Muslims, yes, just like there were good people in the south but there is no call on Islam to help. Just our administration telling us to continue to be tolerant.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
What do you think when you read this:
www.civilwar.org - The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States...

The ordinances:
en.wikipedia.org - Ordinance of Secession...

Some examination:
www.civilwar.org - The Reasons for Secession...

Arkansas didn't write a declaration of causes, BUT:
cwemancipation.wordpress.com - Arkansas Makes Demands Concerning Slavery

You say Islam is not a religion of peace or promoter of it. Show me. I've shown you that the seceding states who wrote a declaration of causes document emphasized the right to hold slaves. The issue of slavery might not have been as important to the norht at that particular time, but it did become important to them.

And one more thing, only 20% of muslims live in the MIddle East-Africa area. You gave Syria and Egypt as example, but you're cherry picking.
edit on 6/17/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

The Philippines has a large population. But there are no terror attacks there either, right? Religion of peace. I am not cherry picking i was trying to concentrate on one area.

Religion of Peace? The Southerners were not a religion and the Civil War was fought over banks...slavery was the cover just like immigration now. Find something to tear at the heart strings and wage war.

and finally, Slaves? You know slavery is still legal throughout much of the Muslim world, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
He was reported multiple times and his wife was probably getting beat every night in drunken rages before this happened.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The 1400 year history doesn't seem to support the "religion of peace" story.

Islam seems just as happy to resort to violence as any other culture.

No better or worse.

The prescriptive intolerance of Islam is a real problem.

Acceptance of equally backward Abrahamic cultures is not enough in the modern world.

Preaching hatred is not protected by the First Amendment.

Islamic intolerance is well past the point of representing a "Clear and Present Danger" to Americans.

America can handwave the message of the San Bernadino and Orlando murders away for only so long.

What will happen when the creed of intolerance is expressed with a truck bomb or two?

edit on 17-6-2016 by draoicht because: Historical precedent for 1st Amendment restriction reference added.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

It is a slippery slope..we do not want to become East Germany..which at one point was an entire society of informants. I can think of a few threads here that involved a citizen reporting something that ended in an innocent persons death.
Fact is sh#t happens and there is sometimes no fix/prevention.

It has happened in many places, look up child informants in Vietnam as an example.....its a slippery slope alright being conditioned to view your neighbor as the enemy....

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

and let's not forget about a third......

Russian authorities warned the FBI in 2011 about Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of two Chechen brothers accused of carrying out last year's Boston Marathon bombings, but U.S. authorities missed chances to detain him,

Source

I don't know, we keep hearing about how 'excellent' the FBI are, but, I just think due to the huge illegal immigration mess, missing people on expired VISA's, and now thousands of un-vetted Syrian refugees, the FBI, which is great, is just overwhelmed. Forget about Homeland Security. Jeh Johnson is a dope and that whole organization is dysfunctional. The attrition rate and lack of morale is terrible. Then you have the DOJ, the shadow of Obama, don't do anything other than light racial tensions, divisiveness, and drag it's feet on prosecuting terrorists. Oh and let's not forget all of the criminals that Obama has recently released from prison......they didn't mean to do it, c'mon give 'em that fifth chance.......ooops they killed someone.....see we need gun controls.....(sarcasm intended)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

How would reporting him have stopped it? Here in the US we don't haul people off to jail based on someone reporting something, and we don't strip peoples constitutional rights based on arbitrary lists. We wait for them to do something illegal and then prosecute them. If a lone wolf legally attains their weapons, they do nothing illegal until they attack.

edit on 17-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join