It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Bullies Demand Access to Man’s Land For Absurd Reason, His Reply Letter Is EPIC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I don't really think the article title is appropriate because I thought the request by the Government was reasonably polite, but I thought this man's response was absolutely hilarious. I loved the way he basically turned it around and offered them Government red tape in response to their request.

I hope you enjoy as much as I did.

The state of Oregon asked residents for access to their land to conduct a survey. One of the homeowners’ responses was so epic that it stopped them in their tracks, though — and will hopefully inspire others to do the same.

LINK

edit on 2016/6/13 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Awesome!

Sounds exactly like some of the "licenses" I have had to get through the government/state since I first drew breath.

They'll probably be audited for the next 30 years and their property taken as "eminent domain" after this though. And depending on their "party affiliation", it could get even worse. In my experience the government does not have a sense of humor.
edit on 6/13/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Although humorous, where's the bullying part? All I see is them asking permission.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Priceless! What else can I say lol

Cheers - Dave

link   

That is really funny. Now the government will surround his house and force access to their property.

It is good he stood up! 👍🏽

link   

originally posted by: homeskillet
Although humorous, where's the bullying part? All I see is them asking permission.

That is why I stated in my OP that I thought the article title was a little harsh. The Government was at least polite in their request.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: homeskillet

They denied access now they will surround his property!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: homeskillet

That is why I stated in my OP that I thought the article title was a little harsh. The Government was at least polite in their request.

Not blaming you. More so Glenn beck for the click bait.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The first one was polite. The next one will have letters cut out of various magazines spelling out exactly what they want...

edit on 6/13/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: homeskillet

They denied access now they will surround his property!

They're going to randy weaver him over some frogs.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Just perfect, play them at their own game my friends...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

The first one was polite. The next one will have letters cut out of various magazines spelling out exactly what they want...

That is definitely a possibility.

I don't think the Government will see the same humor in the letter that we do. G-men aren't known for their sense of humor.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha add infinitum........... ha ha ha...........

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sounds pretty pricey to go frog hunting on that guy's tiny 2 acre property. He did forget to add all the penalties if they don't comply. I wonder if he'd let them on his place if they actually wanted to pay him?
edit on 13-6-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

That s truly a work of art!!! Considering that they could have used said access to knock the owners off their land, claiming it "for the frogs". very wise on their part.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Of all the outfits a person could decide to mess with, why mess with the department responsible for conservation of wildlife?

I get it, I really do. The government has too much power, and this landowner has virtually none, being a citizen of an allegedly free country, but seriously? This is precisely as stupid as slapping the firefighter who rescues your cat from a tree, because the department of defence aggravated you in a press release at some stage.

It makes no bloody sense at all. It's funny, but it's also passive aggressive as hell.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I wonder if he'd let them on his place if they actually wanted to pay him?

I'm sure he would. But of course the government wont pay, they only expect citizens to have to pay a tax on everything. That is the point he was trying to make I believe.

a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah I agree it was probably not the best situation for this type of response, the letter from the government didn't seem in any way unreasonable. He probably had this idea for a while and was just looking for an opportunity to use it.
edit on 14/6/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Of all the outfits a person could decide to mess with, why mess with the department responsible for conservation of wildlife?

I get it, I really do. The government has too much power, and this landowner has virtually none, being a citizen of an allegedly free country, but seriously? This is precisely as stupid as slapping the firefighter who rescues your cat from a tree, because the department of defence aggravated you in a press release at some stage.

It makes no bloody sense at all. It's funny, but it's also passive aggressive as hell.

I suspect that there is not any Irish in you?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
See, here's the thing...

If they found any of those frogs on that property- or even in that area, they'd probably implement restrictions and limitations on the property owners use of that property to protect the species... Or just force them to move out altogether.

I'm all for saving endangered species, but not if it means having the goobers kick me off my own land. They'll likely search the property anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Are there any Bundy's left? Maybe we should seriously start thinking about getting them involved.. This is going to escalate very quickly..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join