It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boaz and Jachin - crux of masonry???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Im sure this has been hashed over and over, but I've read a bit of Hancock and Lomas and im interested to know as much as i can about the pillars of Boaz and Jachin that are found in the Rosslyn Chapel. By the way if you are ever in Edinburgh go to the Chapel, its worth every expense.

df1

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Morals and Dogma (M&D) by Albert Pike
You entered the Lodge between two columns. They represent the two which stood in the porch of the Temple, on each side of the great eastern gateway. These pillars, of bronze, four fingers breadth in thickness, were, according to the most authentic account--that in the First and that in the Second Book of Kings, confirmed in Jeremiah-eighteen cubits high, with a capital five cubits high. The shaft of each was four cubits in diameter. A cubit is one foot and 707/1000. That is, the shaft of each was a little over thirty feet eight inches in height, the capital of each a little over eight feet six inches in height, and the diameter of the shaft six feet ten inches. The capitals were enriched by pomegranates of bronze, covered by bronze net-work, and ornamented with wreaths of bronze; and appear to have imitated the shape of the seed-vessel of the lotus or Egyptian lily, a sacred symbol to the Hindus and Egyptians. The pillar or column on the right, or in the south, was named, as the Hebrew word is rendered in our translation of the Bible, JACHIN: and that on the left BOAZ. Our translators say that the first word means, "He shall establish;" and the second, "In it is strength.".

M&D Online

Perhaps reading M&D will provide what you want. You can search the book for other references as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vulture98
Im sure this has been hashed over and over, but I've read a bit of Hancock and Lomas and im interested to know as much as i can about the pillars of Boaz and Jachin that are found in the Rosslyn Chapel. By the way if you are ever in Edinburgh go to the Chapel, its worth every expense.

The pillars named Boaz and Jachin were actually those at the portico of the original Temple at Jerusalem, not Rosslyn Chapel, built during the reign of Solomon, son of David.

See I Kings 7:21 (KJV).

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
the boaz and jachin pillars are not in rosslyn temple! the pillar in rosslyn chapel is the apprentice pillar.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave
the boaz and jachin pillars are not in rosslyn temple! the pillar in rosslyn chapel is the apprentice pillar.

Well, there are fourteen in rosslyn,with two aligned in an east to west pattern one is the masons (Jachin)pillar, and one is the Apprintace pillar(boaz), but the authors of the Hiram key call it the kingly boaz pillar.But, as I have stated before, the Hiram Key should not be used for reasearch.

After looking over the ground plan, it looks as though all 14 could be considred aligned in an east to west pattern, with 6 pillars aligned east to west, then 2 aligned east to west near the eastern end of the chappel, near the crypt, then another row of 6 aligned east to west.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by wiggy]

new topics

top topics

join