It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Robert Hall Executed by Abu Sayyef Militants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Isn't that what the Canadian Tax Payers, pay the Gov't for? To figgure out how to 'fix' whatever is wrong?

Ordinary People here are flipping the bill and the Govt, what's it doing? Golfing? Vacationing? Smoking Crack? No one knows because the Gov't who is supposed to be the Employee isn't telling the Employers 'Canadians' what it's doing with their money.

It's not that hard to figgure out.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As a Canadian who goes to the Philippines I am really disappointed in our government and also the Phillipines government.
Doesn't seem like they did anything and we'll drop bombs in Libya but can't try to rescue our own citezens?
We train and have special forces for a reason and this would have been a justification for that in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

An English guy i met told me here in Dumaguete about a big fat Italian guy that was kidnapped from his own Restaurant in Mindanao Philippines for about 6 months by Abu Sayyef and was released about a month ago i was told and he came out looking like a match stick.

Point being though the Italian Government must have paid the ransom or he would be minus his head right now.
People might not agree with Governments paying the ransom and it may encourage kidnapping in the first place but i bet that guy is thankful unlike the poor Canadian and the last one that got beheaded.

I lived in a pretty dangerous part of Mindanao and may as well had a bulls eye on my back.
It's not nice to be the only White guy or Foreigner in town when every movement you make is observed by the local populace making me a prime candidate for being kidnapped.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow, sad to hear of this, I'm just glad I'm in Luzon, the south islands sound horrible to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
No one knows because the Gov't who is supposed to be the Employee isn't telling the Employers 'Canadians' what it's doing with their money.

Listen to Parliament and read the Budget papers, then you will see what money is being spent on...

It's not that hard to figure out.
edit on 13-6-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Hey, fair enough. I suppose in a perfect world they would act accordingly and protect their citizens when held against their will, for ransom in a foreign land by Islamic terrorists.

Why else do we have a military? Just kidding, I know they don't exist for "us"...

I know they won't protect us. I don't ever expect them too so long as government exists as it does.

But it's a nice thought, eh?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
As a Canadian who goes to the Philippines I am really disappointed in our government and also the Phillipines government.
Doesn't seem like they did anything and we'll drop bombs in Libya but can't try to rescue our own citezens?
We train and have special forces for a reason and this would have been a justification for that in my eyes.

I agree but let's be honest, the military does not train to protect you. It trains to protect interests of the ruling elite. If you happen to be in the ruling elites interest...then yes, I guess they work for you. Other than that the Canadian Military is in service and support of the cabals orders. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My sympathies for Mr Halls family. And that being said let me enlighten you all on the real world.
YOU DO NOT PAY RANSOME FOR ANYONE AT ANY TIME. If you pay up all you are doing is leaving the door open for the next extortion, which will of course be much bigger as you've already shown that you will pay up.
So the next question is at what point do you refuse to pay? A few million this time but what happens when it gets to billions. Don't you see it has to stop sometime and someone WILL be killed.
So the logical way (god forbid that anyone has to die but this is reality) is to refuse every time so the extortionists get the message that no money is coming their way so it's self defeating to ransome anybody.
The only advice I would give is don't be stupid enough to put yourself in harms way. But if you have to remember that if it's you they take then you know what to expect.
That might sound bleak and nasty but it's the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Hall was on a vacation in the Philippines...what more could you ask of Canada to do? # happens. Don't travel then if you aren't willing to risk your life somewhere else.

I am glad that Canada is refusing to pay ransom. Terrorists should not be funded through hostage taking. If these people started realizing no country around the world will pay ransom, it will hopefully deter them from asking in the future.

What defeatist attitude, screw that. The cdn goverment should have sent in our spec forces guys and done an extraction, at least attempt to get the job done. They were going to kill him anyway, so why not take down a bunch of those SOB's and hopefully get him out as well. If the stupid goverment wants to pretend it's too costly or some crap, get former military guys that are willing to volunteer, pay their expenses and at least try to do something. I'd be up for that and so would a couple of my retired military buddies, and the logistics/recon for a small crew wouldn't be that bad.

The cdn government apathetic and pathetic at the same time. Bring in refugees but don't help your own, of what else could one expect from our crypto-muslim pm, justard trudashian.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/13.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Hall was on a vacation in the Philippines...what more could you ask of Canada to do? # happens. Don't travel then if you aren't willing to risk your life somewhere else.

I am glad that Canada is refusing to pay ransom. Terrorists should not be funded through hostage taking. If these people started realizing no country around the world will pay ransom, it will hopefully deter them from asking in the future.

What defeatist attitude, screw that. The cdn goverment should have sent in our spec forces guys and done an extraction, at least attempt to get the job done.

Cheers - Dave

I was unaware that Canada has a special ops division??? There is actual funding and training for that? I thought the funding went all to the Syrian refugee crisis????
edit on 13-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

What defeatist attitude, screw that. The cdn goverment should have sent in our spec forces guys and done an extraction, at least attempt to get the job done.

Cheers - Dave

I was unaware that Canada has a special ops division??? There is actual funding and training for that? I thought the funding went all to the Syrian refugee crisis????

We do, a close relative of mine is one. When we traded stories about Bosnia and sub-sahara Africa on the phone "people" showed up. Now we just talk once or twice a year in person at family bbq's. Don't need to give the handlers what they don't need to know ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The cdn goverment should have sent in our spec forces guys and done an extraction,

Again, how? Where exactly was he being kept, and you do not think a bunch of white blokes wandering through the bush looking for him would have been noticed?

If the stupid goverment wants to pretend it's too costly or some crap, get former military guys that are willing to volunteer, pay their expenses and at least try to do something. I'd be up for that and so would a couple of my retired military buddies, and the logistics/recon for a small crew wouldn't be that bad.

Someone watches and believes too much tv and movies!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

The cdn goverment should have sent in our spec forces guys and done an extraction,

Again, how? Where exactly was he being kept, and you do not think a bunch of white blokes wandering through the bush looking for him would have been noticed?

If the stupid goverment wants to pretend it's too costly or some crap, get former military guys that are willing to volunteer, pay their expenses and at least try to do something. I'd be up for that and so would a couple of my retired military buddies, and the logistics/recon for a small crew wouldn't be that bad.

Someone watches and believes too much tv and movies!

Whatever you say, obviously you haven't seen a lot of action. Walk two miles in Angola, or Mozambique, or Zimbabwe, or the Congo in the 80's (or the equivalent today) and tell me about it, mmmkay. Too many f##kin movies, right.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Wikipedia - Canadian Special Forces

It is responsible for all special forces operations that are capable of responding to terrorism and threats to Canadians and Canadian interests around the world.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have no issue with not paying the ransom... not trying a rescue with 9 months to track them down and plan it..unacceptable.

I have worked with the canadian military in the past, those I know still in are irate that they didnt try harder to rescue a canadian citizen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join