It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical billing question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadgerJoe
a reply to: Snarl

I am going to fight it. It is not a large amount, less than $400.00. At this point, it is a matter of principle.

Had a buddy sit out front of a contractors office. The contractor built a house for him but didn't finish the landscaping. He could of went to arbitration, at a $500 cost and months of not living in his house, or take it in the pants. Needing a place to live, he took it in the pants. But he also sat out in front of the contractors office for 3 days with a sign that read "I paid and (contractor's name) didn't finish the JOB.

What did this accomplish? Hard to say, but while he sat outside the contractor's office he had people drop off food and plenty of ice tea and soda pop and he was only out there 3 days. So he got a TON of interest.

As a whole we tend to treat the medical "cartel" like snowflakes, what ever they say we pay. As medical insurance refuses to pay traditional costs, the average joe will get the pleasure of paying it. So 45 minutes in a MRI machine at a cost of $3,000 (keep in mind this is 1970's tech) will have to come down, right?.

If worse comes to worse sit out in front of the medical office with your sign. Keep in mind you should NEVER get your knee worked on there again.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh, I will not being seeing this doctor again. The surgery went well, no complications, but I spent far more time talking to his staff than him. There was maybe 10 mins of conversation with him in 5 meetings and he offered no real information on the procedure and other than saying I needed surgery, not a large amount of information about the condition of the knee.

<< 1   >>

join