It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rancher on horseback lassoes would-be bike bandit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So this happened in a Walmart parking lot, a man tried to steal a bike and a rancher got his horse out of the trailer and chased him down. When police arrived the thief was on the ground, holding onto a tree, the rope around his ankle held tight by a cowboy riding a horse.
www.theguardian.com...

This is a really awesome story, a good man seeing a crime and doing what he could to stop it. Maybe they will hire him as the new Walmart security lol. One bystander even said it was "the best day of his life" and he was " laughing to much to intervene." I just wish someone had gotten it all on video.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Try that in Britian and the police would charge you with attempted murder, the RSPCA would take your horse kill it sell the meat to a dog food factory and then give you the bill.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Haha

And what a beautiful horse!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Okay, this is the story to beat for random badassery in 2016.

I like to think the rider would have lit a Marlborough, clicked his spur and rode off into the sunset. Even if his car and horse trailer was still in the car park...rode off into the sunset.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Kudos to Robert Borba. That's some fast thinking there. The perp is fortunate that Mr. Borba didn't finish the tie-down methinks. This is a happy story, and such things seem few and far between these days.

I was a good roper when I was a yewt. Didn't compete, but used practically when necessary. That was a long time ago. I can see in my mind how it must have looked to Mr. Borba. I wonder if his horse set his heels and pulled the guy off his feet.

good thread.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

too funny I saw the video on youtube!!!!!

top topics

join