It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM Trudeau! Please Assure Me and Canadians About Free Press

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
An Open Letter to Justin Trudeau about intimidations and threats from Muslim MPs in the government.

Dear Mr. Prime Minister Hon. Justin Trudeau, As a journalist, a member of PEN Canada and a member of CJFE, I agree with you what you have clearly said last Friday that freedom of the press is very important to you and Canada. You were saying this in the context of Chinese Foreign Minister’s angry remarks in Ottawa about a Canadian Journalist, Kevin Garratt, who has been jailed in China. But sadly I got harassed, humiliated and bullied by your three MPs on the following day in Mississauga in the wake of my rights for free press. On that harassing incident, I was about to call the police but then took a deep breath and decided to reflect in it the press. On a bright sunny Saturday afternoon, I saw MP Omar Alghabra walking to an event stage with two other MPs, Salma Zahid and Iqra Khalid. I was standing with my wife, Haleema Sadia and a few friends at the Halal Food Festival, Celebration Square Mississauga. As we knew all three MPs, my wife and I greeted them. My wife, an anchor person, asked MP Omar Alghabra to come to our TAG TV Studio. Alghabra blasted us in return and pointed out to me that I wrote a misleading article against him and the infiltration of Islamists to the liberal party. I answered that I didn’t write any misleading article. Then he opened his smart phone and showed me my article with the title, “Brotherhood Front Groups Target Canadian Parliament,” that was published in April 3, 2014. He accused me of attacking the Muslim Brotherhood, Jama’at-e-Islami and other Muslim groups in that article and called me a discredited journalist. He then lectured me about ethics of journalism for around fifteen minutes.

MP Salma Zahid jumped into the discussion and accused me of mentioning her name against previous government’s Bill C51 (that I never did). Then MP Iqra Khalid accused me of associating her with Jama’at-e-Islami. Sadly, the way those MPs surrounded and harassed me and my wife that Saturday afternoon prove my fears what I have expressed in the same article two years ago. I pondered that if my single article about my opinion on growing Islamic extremism is upsetting those Canadian Muslim MPs to that extent that they were so intolerant and humiliating to me and my wife (we are both Progressive Canadian Muslims who don’t necessarily buy their perception of Islam) and towards dissident thoughts, how could we expect them to create a bridge between the government and Canada’s diverse Muslim communities?
Well now it's muslims abusing muslims in Canada, and members of Parliament. The Muslim Brotherhood seem to be copping # from all over these last months, and i see Americian lawmakers are gaining in number to declare the brotherhood a terror group. www.clarionproject.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Any gov that censors it's people or press is in fact a terrorist group.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Mr. T is a complete smoked up piece of TURD! Complete idiot...he is going to ruin Canada big league.

On a side note:

OTTAWA, ONTARIO – Canada’s newly elected Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau held a press conference on Friday, April 22nd 2016 that he said is very important to him. Trudeau has come out to the public regarding a problem he has been suffering for years, his addiction to marijuana. Some can say that the majority of Trudeau’s votes resulting in winning the election are from stoners who admire Trudeau for his love for marijuana and his actions to help legalize it.

Well, Trudeau has admitted that it was a total mistake.

“I have news that will surprise many people, news that I finally feel comfortable about coming out to the public with. I would first like to thank my wife Sophie for supporting me through my decision of coming out clean. I am addicted to smoking marijuana. I have been addicted for about three years now. I used to enjoy smoking but now it’s just something I do that I feel guilty about after. I am proud to say I have not smoked marijuana in one month and I hope to never.”

Mr. T is on a total high...so his vision is pretty skewed at the moment I'd say.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

That is a satire site.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Mmmm, I think its a little naive to believe that rights to "free press/free speech" will be maintained in the same manner as they'd historically been framed in Leftist Progressive western societies. All we have to do is look to the UK and the Eurozone to see how this plays out where they now prosecute people for "hate speech". You can think what you like, but you're not free to speak your mind if your speech isn't politically correct.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Where is your source for this ?

Also, sure smoking marijuana is addictive if you have an addictive personality.

Then again with that mental condition you'll become addicted to just about anything, seeing as addiction is a mental condition more often than not.
edit on 10-6-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Bull. It's not even that psychologically addicting, and not the least bit physically addicting.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
freedom of press...no

Freedom to have sex with animals...yes

Freedom for men to use women showers....yes

freedom of press....no

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Where is your source for this ?

Also, sure smoking marijuana is addictive if you have an addictive personality.

Then again with that mental condition you'll become addicted to just about anything, seeing as addiction is a mental condition more often than not.

thenationalsun.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Bull. It's not even that psychologically addicting, and not the least bit physically addicting.

Why not check out this guy's YT video about being off weed for 113 days....care to think again on your OP?

edit: he also has a 4 year anniversary video up as well which he discusses how being off the weed has changed his life and how he sees other people who are on it what effects weed has on them!
edit on 11-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'll take a pot smoker over a Bush/Obama ass kisser any day, thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'm only going by what I know. And I know that it's not physically addictive.
As far as psychologically, from observing friends, family, etc it's a lot easier to give up for months at a time, than cigarettes.
Some people have weak will power, yet others can be chronic users, and then quit cold turkey to get a specific job. And stay off it for years.
I doubt Trudeau would have made it this far in politics if he was weak willed.

top topics

join