It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson Polling In Double Digits Nationally!! - Washington Post Reports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'll take that president (all other things being somewhat equal) than a scotch on the rocks president any day. Any day.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Who is a scotch on the rocks president?
I do agree that a president who makes a habit of drinking is also not a good idea.

Trump does not drink.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Just heard Gary Johnson in an interview saying that he is a regular pot smoker.
He said he stopped 5 weeks ago to run for President.

I do think that legalization is a fair idea, for many reasons.
But, I don't think that a President who is a regular pot user is in any way a good idea.

You would be amazed at how many high profile individuals actually smoke pot to wind down or be creative in an innovative world. The stigmatism is old school. Facts are that many professionals prefer it to alcohol. I actually know many who are extreme professionals and naturally, they don't broadcast it. Has it effected their professions? No, because they are educated enough to take precautions and not use if they they need their facilities.

Honestly, I used it medically for two years for my epilepsy. Meditation and NlP techniques worked better for me, since I could not stand the skunky smell and taste. Lol. I am no longer on seizure meds nor had a seizure in years. The effects were minimal, since I adjusted my schedule based on my usage.

I would not denounce someone who uses...but would be more reassured if usage occurred after their reasoning capabilities kicked in. That is usually after 26 years of age. I will give Johnson some leeway since how many potheads would actually have the stamina to accomplish as he has. Potheads go no where and don't care. Those that may partake of this herb who do excel, actually do so responsibly as a responsible drinker does not drink and drive or drink to excess.
edit on 6 7 2016 by CynConcepts because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I've voted libertarian before, mainly because I didn't like Romney, so I can understand Republicans who cannot stand Trump leaning that way. However, I'll be the first to use every slander and argument they used against me in 2012.

All you need to know about the Libertarian Party in the US is that somewhere around 20% or Americans identify as libertarian and even more have some libertarian views, yet the LP consistently gets single percentage points in any race. Ineffective and useless are the best adjectives to describe the actual party.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They don't have an emotional appeal, or an in-group/out-group appeal. And they aren't handing out free stuff.
Libertarians do not know how to appeal to non-libertarians and those lower than IQ 105.

Romney was a much worse candidate than trump.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Great point. The Libertarians have always lacked a "hook" for mass appeal. Too many people just aren't interested in an academic or constitutional argument.

The only thing close has been the legalization argument, but that has been used against them in many ways and really is no longer exclusive to libertarians.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

I agree, and if they cannot make it into double digits in 2016 when so many people are fed up with the two established parties, they may lose me going forward. If they cannot capitalize this year, they are indeed ineffective.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Who is a scotch on the rocks president?

FDR, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon and Ford were all known to be big drinkers.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Day late and a dollar short, I'm afraid.

Had they really jumped in with both feet back when this started, MAYBE had a shot, but they blew it already.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
twitter.com...

I have put myself behind GJ in the past, and I am open to a conscious vote without party... BUT when GJ tweets a big huge happy Ramadan... but you know no mention of Happy Memorial day? No other Christian or other religious holiday shout outs, this makes me very suspicious of his motives moving into the future. WE have had a Muslim POTUS, a Islamic backer... and it does not work in the Western world.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I Like Gary Johnson and I agree with the libertarian party but he wont get it.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Voting for Gary. I hold the opposite opinion that voting for someone you don't entirely believe in is throwing your vote away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join