It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celery Boosts Your White Blood Cells and Starves Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Prevent Disease . com

JUNE 6, 2016 by MAE CHAN

preventdisease.com...

. . .
As a cancer-fighting bioflavonoid, apigenin has also been studied in relation to breast and ovarian cancers. A University of Missouri study found that apigenin shrank a type of breast cancer that's stimulated by progestin, a synthetic hormone often given to menopausal women.
The study's co-author, Salman Hyder, noted that apigenin slowed the cancer in three ways...inducing cell death, inhibiting cell proliferation and reducing expression of a gene associated with cancer growth.
. . .
15 Reasons To Eat Celery
1. Lowers blood pressure and tones your vascular system. Magnesium deficiency is known to affect your blood pressure. Celery is packed with magnesium, which can relax the muscle cells in your arterial walls. This dilates your arteries, allowing your blood more room to flow freely.
2. Healthy flexible joints
. . .

I have personally found celery helpful in lowering blood pressure back to normal without standard prescriptions for such a benefit.
Am now taking celery seed capsules to see if the benefit is equal to pureeing celery in beet juice with garlic etc.
I have a history of not liking celery except with peanut butter or some such because I hated the strings getting caught in my teeth. Doesn't seem to happen so much with my dentures. But then it's not so easy to bite off a bite with dentures either. LOL. So, long live the VitaMix!
I do think it is worth considering in helping the things listed.
Has anyone else had a significant benefit from the veggie?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Interesting because my family always had vegetable gardens and I remember my Grandmother and Mother eating celery every year fresh from the garden. It was a vegetable eaten both cold and cooked. Both died at 84 (Uranus return) and not from cancer.

Thanks for the info. S&F for your care of giving information to help people's health.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Thanks for your kind reply.

Congrats on your ancestor's longevity.

I hope you follow in their pattern and example.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I should start smoking celery then, give up this nicotine habit??

haha

I actually love celery. Raw, fried with some carrot and pepper and sugar (caramelises wonderfully), soup with the leaves, julienned in a stir fry, pretty much any way you can have it.. and it's winter here. I think I need to buy a bunch this week.

Mix that with my red wine diet, I'll like to 150 !! god help the world

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Also, you can de-string it. I never worry as I like it all, but I've seen them on cooking shows remove those so it dices much easier.

Peanut butter

try fish sauce

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

Great ideas.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Parafitt

Great ideas.

Thanks.

It is an underused vegetable I think. I am big on rice and vegetables, but more asian based. bok choy, bean sprouts, etc.. and spices like Turmeric, which also has many health benefits. Almost every meal I have has some element that has health benefits if I can make it.

I wasn't aware of celery being able to reduce blood pressure. I always assumed it was the satiating hot celery soup on a cold wintery night.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Celery is mostly water. Even in a pill form, there is little in it. I am a cancer survivor, so believe me, I would be eating tons of celery if thias were true.

The article says it even slow pancreatic cancer. NOPE. Not happening. You should ask that thias thread be removed.

edit on 7-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Celery is mostly water. Even in a pill form, there is little in it. I am a cancer survivor, so believe me, I would be eating tons of celery if thias were true.

The article says it even slow pancreatic cancer. NOPE. Not happening. You should ask that thias thread be removed.

Mostly these things aren't verified to any extent.

What's funny is that there are TONS of compounds that kill cancer in a controlled lab. Most of those compounds, whether natural or man made, don't survive the process of delivery, refinement, or eventually introduction to the body.

Then there's the many, many, many different types of cancer that these articles also never account for.

There's a reason I stick to proven medical treatments.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Mostly these things aren't verified to any extent.

What's funny is that there are TONS of compounds that kill cancer in a controlled lab. Most of those compounds, whether natural or man made, don't survive the process of delivery, refinement, or eventually introduction to the body.

Then there's the many, many, many different types of cancer that these articles also never account for.

There's a reason I stick to proven medical treatments.

Thee are a lot of natural things that fight cancer. Just because celery isn't one doesn;t mean one should stick to only 'proven medical treatments'. That is definitely not what I meant.

TheOP found an article I find fault with, but there ae a lot of natural things that fight cancer.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Here's an excellent TED talk about starving cancer.

And the food list

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

My Dr at Roswell Park said a lot of those things. The surgery I had seems to have been a success, but I was warned it could come back at any time...5 years, 10 years, 20 years. The first thing I do is stay out of the sun. The source of my cancer was generally thought to be from multiple bad sunburns over the course of my life, even though I still smoked at the time. I was told it was not due to smoking. I was told to try to quit smoking, though- which I did- and was given a recommended diet.

The next is eat to reduce free radicals.

A lot of that video matches that.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Although Celery is mainly water it contains many beneficial elements..For sure it is good for you..

If you have become accustomed to thinking about celery as a crunchy, low-cal vegetable but not a key part of your health support, it is time to think again. Recent research has greatly bolstered our knowledge about celery's anti-inflammatory health benefits, including its protection against inflammation in the digestive tract itself. Some of the unique non-starch polysaccharides in celery—including apiuman—appear especially important in producing these anti-inflammatory benefits. (Unlike starchy polysaccharides that provide plants with a way to store simple sugars, these non-starch polysaccharides in celery help provide this vegetable with its unique structure and are not made from simple sugars but rather from pectins.) In addition to well-known antioxidants like vitamin C and flavonoids, scientists have now identified at least a dozen other types of antioxidant nutrients in celery. These antioxidants include dihydrostilbenoids like lunularin as well as furanocoumarins like bergapten and psoralen. The antioxidant support we get from celery is largely due to its phenolic nutrients that have been shown to help protect us against unwanted oxidative damage to our cells, blood vessels, and organ systems

www.whfoods.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
INDEED.

imho . . . life . . . and nutrition . . . and disease prevention and cures . . . all are incredibly complex.

Most things are at least a little to a lot idiosyncratic. Each person is unique. What works well with some likely does not work 100% well with 100% of all folks.

One of my 7th Day Adventist friends is virtually cured of cancer the 2nd time (in several decades) by her own nutritional regimen. She has not relied on even 2-3 major anti-cancer foods or supplements but has used quite a number of them--and quite successfully.

Anyway--mileage will always likely vary.

I think folks need to research their options and the relative contributions of whatever food or supplement they are considering toward whatever benefit desired. And then monitor the results closely with whatever degree of medical assist is most wise and fitting.

originally posted by: skywatcher44

Although Celery is mainly water it contains many beneficial elements..For sure it is good for you..

If you have become accustomed to thinking about celery as a crunchy, low-cal vegetable but not a key part of your health support, it is time to think again. Recent research has greatly bolstered our knowledge about celery's anti-inflammatory health benefits, including its protection against inflammation in the digestive tract itself. Some of the unique non-starch polysaccharides in celery—including apiuman—appear especially important in producing these anti-inflammatory benefits. (Unlike starchy polysaccharides that provide plants with a way to store simple sugars, these non-starch polysaccharides in celery help provide this vegetable with its unique structure and are not made from simple sugars but rather from pectins.) In addition to well-known antioxidants like vitamin C and flavonoids, scientists have now identified at least a dozen other types of antioxidant nutrients in celery. These antioxidants include dihydrostilbenoids like lunularin as well as furanocoumarins like bergapten and psoralen. The antioxidant support we get from celery is largely due to its phenolic nutrients that have been shown to help protect us against unwanted oxidative damage to our cells, blood vessels, and organ systems

www.whfoods.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Which a proper diet is part of.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It's amazing how eating a diet with more natural fresh foods can improve your health.

take a look at this as well.

The Island Where People Forget to Die

Moraitis considered staying in America and seeking aggressive cancer treatment at a local hospital. That way, he could also be close to his adult children. But he decided instead to return to Ikaria, where he could be buried with his ancestors in a cemetery shaded by oak trees that overlooked the Aegean Sea. He figured a funeral in the United States would cost thousands, a traditional Ikarian one only $200, leaving more of his retirement savings for his wife, Elpiniki. Moraitis and Elpiniki moved in with his elderly parents, into a tiny, whitewashed house on two acres of stepped vineyards near Evdilos, on the north side of Ikaria. At first, he spent his days in bed, as his mother and wife tended to him. He reconnected with his faith. On Sunday mornings, he hobbled up the hill to a tiny Greek Orthodox chapel where his grandfather once served as a priest. When his childhood friends discovered that he had moved back, they started showing up every afternoon. They’d talk for hours, an activity that invariably involved a bottle or two of locally produced wine. I might as well die happy, he thought.

In the ensuing months, something strange happened. He says he started to feel stronger. One day, feeling ambitious, he planted some vegetables in the garden. He didn’t expect to live to harvest them, but he enjoyed being in the sunshine, breathing the ocean air. Elpiniki could enjoy the fresh vegetables after he was gone.

Six months came and went. Moraitis didn’t die.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

that's too bad I break out when I eat celery and it effects my sinuses not as bad as other foods im allergic too

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN I like to put celery in my smoothies because it is an alkaline producing food in the body. I used to get bad heart burn a lot and eating/drinking celery over a length of time has helped me a lot when it comes to the burning feeling of heart burn...I hardly get heart burn ever now.
Thanks for the OP! I love reading about the health benefits of foods!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I can confirm 100% that celery is 'da shiznit' and I will always keep it on hand now...

I'm middle aged now and for 2 or 3 years have been dealing with some sort of weird anxiety which I believe is a result of stress, aging and a generally poor diet. I believe my gut is the central cause, although I can't afford the doctor right now (thanks Obammy) and really don't want any bad news or medical bills anyway. =)

So, one morning, the old bloat feeling returned right on cue, lately it had been turning into acid reflux.... yay.. something new... and so, remembering celery being touted as an ancient Chinese cure for high blood pressure, I reached into the fridge and grabbed a stalk of celery which I had bought for salads but was not eating much of....

I swear to you, no sooner than the first swallow did my anxiety/bloat/ohmygodamidying? feeling stop right in its tracks. I could breathe again... hell, I felt 18 again. And so far, this trick has worked every time.

As I understand it, the ancients called for eating 4 stalks of celery per day for one week, then waiting three weeks, then repeat all over again. I mean, you can't get cheaper medicine than this, and it might even calm down some of those crying Hillary supporters.

Celery Health Benefits

The strong water removing powers of celery enable it to be used in the control of health problems such as arthritis, stone, liver problems and rheumatism.

A tablespoonful of honey in celery juice, sipped slowly, will very effectively reduce the appetite if taken before a meal, and makes a delightful drink. It will also help in reducing their weight.

You can take the same mixture as a nightcap; it will help you to relax into a soothing and restful sleep. So those who have a problem of sleeplessness must enjoy the sound sleep after having this yummy health drink.

Those who are suffering from stones in the gall bladder or the kidney must take the juice of celery. It has been found that those who drank juice do not found any formation of stones in bladders & kidney again. It seems likely that this effect is related to the anti-arthritic properties of the juice.

Celery calms the nerve because of the high calcium content & helps in controlling high blood pressure. Raw celery should be eaten to reduce high blood pressure.

Celery is used in aromatherapy and other traditional way of healing like Ayurveda. In Japan, rheumatic patients are sometimes put on a celery only diet.

Moreover you can eat a lot of celery without thinking twice because it has almost zero calories. You won't add any extra pounds after having such a yummy drink or raw celery.

The whole plant is gently stimulating & nourishing; it also acts as a digestive remedy and liver stimulant. A tincture can be used as a diuretic in hypertension and urinary disorders.

Celery roots, fruits (seeds), and aerial parts, are used as ethno medically to treat mild anxiety and agitation, loss of appetite, fatigue & cough.

edit on 12-11-2016 by DeReK DaRkLy because: edited for content

top topics

join