It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If nato/u.s is building forces next to Russia... Where is Alaska buildup?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

That is old News. So i Guess it Depends on the timeframe you look at Your sorces.

NATO know very well that Russia will woop their buts in one day in the Baltics. The simulation from last summer said 60 hours.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

Now that you mention it, Russia is building up a military presence that could be construed as a threat to Alaska. Russia has North America encircled!

www.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

That is old News. So i Guess it Depends on the timeframe you look at Your sorces.

NATO know very well that Russia will woop their buts in one day in the Baltics. The simulation from last summer said 60 hours.

In the initial phases of a Russian attack. After that time frame Russia would not last.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That's because the hysteria comes from the EU, not from Alaska or Canada. Rather it comes from rogue states that jumped ship in 1991 to from Soviet Communist to neo-liberals without even changing faces. They are exactly the same people, including in Italy and in Germany.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

1 - They were occupied sovereign nations.
2 - The hysteria and victim card is coming from Putin / his administration where if you hold a view contrary to russias you are russiaphobic.

Putin needs to understand the USSR is gone and that its not the 1980s anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River

I feel since the u.s.a is provoking the bear and dragon, I would wonder why the u.s hasn't built forces along the alaska coast for protection against Russia.

Now we've seen these war dances before. I'm not trying to give a doom scenario. But if these war games keep continuing like they are I would want more defense on Alaska border. With nato u.s.

You do realize Alaska is the biggest state in the country? Our favorite joke on Texas-types is we could cut our state in two and make Texas the third largest state! The boarder with Canadia alone is ginormous!

The boarder with Russia would have to start around Prudohe Bay which is 71°N all the way down to Dillingham which is 51°N. The whole thing is coastline. And it does not include the island chain that jut out into the north pacific. Russia is a scant 3 miles across water that freezes in winter that people have been known to dog sled over for the hell of it. We have trade agreements, college student exchange, and cargo flights with Russia. There are tourist packages to go to the Kamchatka to visit other northern peoples. The Aleuts are partial Russian (they are white) and most of our west coast include Russian Orthodox churches where IIRC does part of the service in both Latin and Russian (most in English).

If there were any, real, serious, threats from Russia, they would recall all their people here. Nobody has done anything of the sort. In fact, it was the Russians who lent the US an ice breaker to cut a line to a western village that was running dangerously low on heating fuel a few years back.

We are not enemies. We have the same problems as other northern peoples (drugs, alcohol, domestic violence, depression, etc). We are actually more similar than dissimilar!

Btw, it would be a long, slow, cold slog across the tundra if they did invade! It would have to be done in winter because it all becomes a wet bog in summer (it is called, "tiaga" [a Russian word!], and is the boggy, tundra that fills up with mosquitoes and other bugs that the migratory birds feed on during the summer). There are mile wide rivers.

No invasion. If they really want to f# with America (or at least our idiot governor), Russia could flood the market with natural gas. AK's governor has a pipe dream that he can make a NG pipeline happen. Russia is sitting on something like 40 times more NG than what we can produce, wells that today could be tapped, with hundreds more that can be drilled.

Hoped you enjoyed a little geography lesson! Alaska is a really huge place. We do pretty good, and did so during the Cold War, with jets and bombers. We also have an anti-missile complex in Kodiak.

Alaska reporting in sir! All boarders check in!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join