It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Immigrant criminals re-offend at higher rates than ICE estimates, report says

page: 1
12
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

A recent investigation shows that 30 percent of illegal immigrants who committed crimes were charged with new offenses – such as rape, child molestation and attempted murder – contrary to assurances from federal officials that the criminals rarely went on to re-offend. The investigation by The Boston Globe revealed that 30 percent of 323 criminal immigrants released in New England from 2008-2012 went on to re-offend, a rate more than four times as high as previously suggested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

While speaking before a subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee in 2011, ICE Executive Associate Director Gary Mead said only 7 percent of illegal aliens released since 2009 had been re-booked into ICE custody. But The Globe review of records in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine showed recidivism was substantially higher.

The Globe investigation took three years, as staffers searched police logs, Internet databases, court records and media reports to identify which criminal immigrants had committed new crimes. A judge ordered the names of the 323 immigrants released in 2013.



LINK

Is this fear mongering? Of course not.....simply facts.

The same thing is ongoing in Europe and there are no reports showing the increase of crime since the flood of immigrants have landed and any report released is "watered down" and the figures are much higher than in the U.S.

There have been a few threads on immigrants and I am included amongst them BUT here we have facts from a government report showing a MINIMUM of 30 per cent of immigrants refusing to intergrate within society by being a criminal and many are repeat offenders.

So if the percentage is 30% in U.S. what do you think is the percentage in Europe since the flood of immigrants have arrived?




posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Racist!

Misogynist!

Intolerant!

You hate gay people!

White privilege!

People from 3rd world countries are less educated and more inclined to commit crimes who'da thunk it??

edit on 6/5/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Facts can't be racist.

Nice find.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Id love to see those numbers compared to non evil immigrant criminals, my guess is criminals do often re do the crime and the time.

But thanks for taking the time
To remind us immigrants are worst criminals than normal criminals lol.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How many of those 90 odd people were simple traffic offences.

Or better yet drug related.
Something that should be legalised anyways.


Yes it is fearmongering. Facts can be used to fearmonger.
Just as is done in the OP.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

These are statistics from your beloved Federal Government.

As a liberal you can't refute these.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

These are statistics from your beloved Federal Government.

As a liberal you can't refute these.


All i asked was to compare them to other crime stats, dont quit your day job.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

www.bjs.gov...

The general population has a recidivism rate of 51.8%, if it's only 30% for immigrants it suggests they commit fewer crimes.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

A recent investigation shows that 30 percent of illegal immigrants who committed crimes were charged with new offenses – such as rape, child molestation and attempted murder – contrary to assurances from federal officials that the criminals rarely went on to re-offend. The investigation by The Boston Globe revealed that 30 percent of 323 criminal immigrants released in New England from 2008-2012 went on to re-offend, a rate more than four times as high as previously suggested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

While speaking before a subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee in 2011, ICE Executive Associate Director Gary Mead said only 7 percent of illegal aliens released since 2009 had been re-booked into ICE custody. But The Globe review of records in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine showed recidivism was substantially higher.

The Globe investigation took three years, as staffers searched police logs, Internet databases, court records and media reports to identify which criminal immigrants had committed new crimes. A judge ordered the names of the 323 immigrants released in 2013.



LINK

Is this fear mongering? Of course not.....simply facts.

The same thing is ongoing in Europe and there are no reports showing the increase of crime since the flood of immigrants have landed and any report released is "watered down" and the figures are much higher than in the U.S.

There have been a few threads on immigrants and I am included amongst them BUT here we have facts from a government report showing a MINIMUM of 30 per cent of immigrants refusing to intergrate within society by being a criminal and many are repeat offenders.

So if the percentage is 30% in U.S. what do you think is the percentage in Europe since the flood of immigrants have arrived?




Not really...

It's obvious propaganda from the jump...


"Ice finds illegal immigrants commit more crimes after release THAN THEY EXPECTED.."


That just screams " the real number is pretty low, but we still want a click bait headline."



The reason it is fear monger ing is because that number is ridiculously higher than American citizen reincarcerations.. If memory serves that number is 60%...


Meaning by their own stats, immigrants have about half the rate of repeat offenders than Americans...


All of that said I am not pro immigrant. I'm a take care of number one first, and we got Americans that need those jobs and houses..

I just hate propaganda..



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Facts can't be racist.

Nice find.




No but the way they are sold can....


The headline could have read:


"Immigrants return to jail at half the rate of Americans."

Which is still a true statement using the same facts...


The "more than ice anticipated " says it all. It means the real number isn't relatively that bad, hence why they had to resort to the click bait title.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: DeathSlayer

www.bjs.gov...

The general population has a recidivism rate of 51.8%, if it's only 30% for immigrants it suggests they commit fewer crimes.


Man you beat me....

I knew it was fishy from the:

"Lower than ICE expected" in the headline. It meant they were hoping not to have it compared to other similar stats..



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: DeathSlayer

www.bjs.gov...

The general population has a recidivism rate of 51.8%, if it's only 30% for immigrants it suggests they commit fewer crimes.

Or left the country. Or used a different identity. Or left the state. So if they can prove 30% get re-booked it does not mean the other 70% stop. The study shows the official numbers are lies.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
The headline could have read:


"Immigrants return to jail at half the rate of Americans."

Which is still a true statement using the same facts...

That's actually false. The statistics do not say that. They would need proof the other 70% has never gone back to jail.

It's a lot like a not guilty verdict, it doesn't mean the person is innocent and did not commit the crime, only that it was not proven. They were able to prove 30% re-offended. They did not prove the other 70% did not. Them being illegal can probably hamper that, don't you think?



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
The headline could have read:


"Immigrants return to jail at half the rate of Americans."

Which is still a true statement using the same facts...

That's actually false. The statistics do not say that. They would need proof the other 70% has never gone back to jail.

It's a lot like a not guilty verdict, it doesn't mean the person is innocent and did not commit the crime, only that it was not proven. They were able to prove 30% re-offended. They did not prove the other 70% did not. Them being illegal can probably hamper that, don't you think?



You can only judge it by the stats we have. You could weight both sides with hypotheticals like "how many didn't get caught again."


But the only stats we have say 30% of immigrants recommit crimes and 51% of Americans recommit crimes...

Meaning we are better off with the immigrants if only judging by the stats..

Making the article nothing but propaganda for people not willing to actually put any thought into it..


I really hate arguing for immigrants...or politicians...



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: DeathSlayer

www.bjs.gov...

The general population has a recidivism rate of 51.8%, if it's only 30% for immigrants it suggests they commit fewer crimes.

Or left the country. Or used a different identity. Or left the state. So if they can prove 30% get re-booked it does not mean the other 70% stop. The study shows the official numbers are lies.



That exact same logic can be applied to American offenders. Meaning the stats level right back out again..



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's the thing...immigrants that commit crimes are usually deported upon release, so if 30% are reoffending, that means 100% of those 30% illegally entered the country after deportation.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

So 30% of 323 continued to commit crimes, so that's a whole 64 people. Recidivism is very high in the US, period, whether you're an American or not.

If the US gov't let go of violent criminals saying they caused no threat to the public than they got some explaining to do.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's the thing...immigrants that commit crimes are usually deported upon release, so if 30% are reoffending, that means 100% of those 30% illegally entered the country after deportation.




Sadly not true.

The arresting body will inform ICE, then hold them for up to 30 days while awaiting ice to pick them up.


It's the same system used when dealing with an out of state felony. The original state contacts them and they have 30 days to arrange for transport.



I'll see if I can find real numbers, just know how that part of it works.



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

"The number of convicted criminals removed from the interior continued to increase, as 91 percent of ICE’s FY 2015 interior removals and returns were individuals who were previously convicted of a crime, compared to 86 percent in FY 2014, and just 67 percent in FY 2011."

"63,539 (91%) of all interior removals were previously convicted of a crime [in the US].

source


The real question is why does the media insist on using 2013 statistics when ICE releases a new study each year?

Although removals were down 26% since 2013 it appears as if ICE is doing a decent job of removals at the border and in the Interior of the US. What's frightening is the percentage of criminals that are apprehended. Also at this site is the demographics of top source countries of which Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador are the top 4 countries emigrating to the US, and of these there are two of the most violent in the world with 103 per 100,000 murders and 85 per 100,000 murders for El Salvador and Honduras respectively.

edit on 5-6-2016 by StopWhiningAboutIt because: Criminal stats for removals interior



posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Of course they do! Most criminals do, and people claiming that illegals don't is simply foolish propaganda. Lately, I swear, some want the criminals here.



new topics

top topics



 
12
<<   2 >>

log in

join