It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence Erupts outside Trump rally, a female Trump supporter assaulted

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:
(post by thinline removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
The one thing you are failing to mention here, is that ultra right wing groups are quickly labeled as terrorists, by the United States government, JDL, SPLC etc. etc. Look at how quickly the wildlife preserve guys were condemned by the regressives, the media, and everyone else. People called them terrorists right away even though there was zero violence.

Exactly. Left wing hate groups like La Raza get supported and promoted by Democrats!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cesim

The team mentality that the two party system creates is obvious, and team mentalities ultimate lead to fanaticism and illogical conclusions. The "us vs them" mentality is embedded all over this post, yet the OP hardly recognizes (if at all) that we are all Americans before our political affiliation. This problem exists on both sides, and I believe it would be nonexistent or at least greatly minimized if the group think associated with the two party system was eliminated.

This deserves comment.

What we see here, in this thread, in the only real "movement" at work here is an intentional and organized attempt to demonize liberals, leftists, progressives, Democrats and anyone else that doesn't toe the "Fox News-Breitbart-Blaze" media echo-chamber.

Notice how many here are commenting that they will consider all of their political opponents as terrorists, sometimes, in the same sentence that they are whining about that being done to them.

To call this cognitive dissonance is the understatement of the century.

But again, good post!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Don't worry too much about Left wing hate groups. After your guy is done banning the Muslims and deporting the Mexicans and silencing the media, and murdering the innocent families of terrorists, I'm sure he'll get started on targeting the Leftists. He clearly makes war with all who oppose him- even federal judges.

Ugh there is so much reason to see Trump supporters as retarded. I really think post 9/11 propaganda retarded Republican brains.

edit on 4-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is the latinos way of letting us know whats coming if Trump is elected and carries out the will of the people

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Gryphon66

No one is arguing that one political side can or previously has had violence, either side can be violent and this is demonstrated through history, once again, we are seeing a movement of left wing violence and I believe this should be thoroughly investigated as to the causes. It's simple there either is a left wing movement of violence taking place or there is not.

You begin by claiming that you're not arguing that "one political side can or previously has had violence" and end by claiming that there is a "left wing movement of violence."

I'm not the one confused here.

I'll leave you to your thread, Tech ... I had higher hopes that we were all going to agree for once that violence has no place in American politics.

I was mistaken on that point it seems.

I'll gladly give you an olive branch. Violence doesn't belong in politics anywhere or at anytime...PERIOD!

Now...with that said...and this happens with the "where were you when Bush did the same thing" crowd. If you wanted to stop the violence right now, today, where and by whom it is executed...you will be stopping the left. Sorry but that is fact and we are living today...not nearly a decade ago. On top of that...it is the left that preach equality, fairness and tolerance and act like some saints by claiming that as their mantra. The problem is...that is bullcrap. The ones who claim the crown of tolerance are the most intolerant.

That deserves to be said. It is like a pedophile priest and needs to be said. But...violence has no place in politics, nor in opinion nor in words or arguments. Hell...it has no place anywhere unless it is used or threatened against you first.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
It is the left that preach equality, fairness and tolerance and act like some saints by claiming that as their mantra. The problem is...that is bullcrap. The ones who claim the crown of tolerance are the most intolerant.

violence has no place in politics, nor in opinion nor in words or arguments. Hell...it has no place anywhere unless it is used or threatened against you first.

Unless violence is used or threatened first. Such as the threats of mass deportation? How about the threats of torture and murdering innocent families, threats of blatant war crimes. The threat toward media and all who oppose him? Trump threatened America first. You are seeing the response.

Don't be so blind to think these protests came from no where. The Left does indeed preach peace and tolerance and equality-- and will absolutely rise up against a tyrant campaigning for draconian measures.

If you support a tyrant, that's on you.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Thanks for the olive branch!

I don't think I've ever used the "Bush did the same thing" argument.

Your claim that political violence in the US is purely on "the left" is simply not true.

Sorry, that is not fact.

Are you saying that the Right doesn't believe in equality and fairness? I wouldn't say that.

The problem is ... that your argument is overly generalized and utterly vague.

If you'd like to talk about individual actions, events, occurances that we can all reference, I'll be glad to do that with you.

And good lord, drop the bit about how intolerant the Left is. Humans are intolerant.

We remain so unless we seek to be otherwise. That just sounds like partisan whining, honestly.

I look forward to a real discussion. Thanks for the olive branch.

edit on 4-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Don't worry too much about Left wing hate groups. After your guy is done banning the Muslims and deporting the Mexicans and silencing the media, and murdering the innocent families of terrorists, I'm sure he'll get started on targeting the Leftists. He clearly makes war with all who oppose him- even federal judges.

Ugh there is so much reason to see Trump supporters as retarded. I really think post 9/11 propaganda retarded Republican brains.

"Unless violence is used or threatened first. Such as the threats of mass deportation? How about the threats of torture and murdering innocent families, threats of blatant war crimes. The threat toward media and all who oppose him? Trump threatened America first. You are seeing the response.

Don't be so blind to think these protests came from no where. The Left does indeed preach peace and tolerance and equality-- and will absolutely rise up against a tyrant campaigning for draconian measures.

If you support a tyrant, that's on you."

I voted Democrat 3 times Gary Johnson 2012. You shouldn't lump every Trump supporter into your box just like I need to stop thinking all people on the left are as bat sh#t crazy as a few of them are proving themselves to be. Trump and Bernie really are the only ones who were against the war in Iraq. Part of why Obama beat Hillary in 2008 was the she was way more right wing pro war bomb everything then he was. So you're right there is definitely an incompetent warmonger who wants to take our freedoms away. I just think we disagree about their name you would say Trump and I would say it's quite obviously Hillary. Do I know Trump will be a good president? Nope. I think think it's a 50/50 crap shoot. But I'll take that over Hillary's business as usual corrupt crony capitolist in wal streets pocket war mongering insider TPP thinks the supreme court is "wrong about the 2nd amendment" shenanigans any day. So instead of thinking us stupid, try and find out why people like Trump so much and look past the hate. I would start here: www.reddit.com...

If he were trying to mass deport legal citizens then yes it would be 100% their right to riot in the streets. Unfortunately for your argument they are illegally here and committing violence. So that's 2 strikes. Israel knocks down the houses of the families of terrorists. It helps cut down on terrorist attacks. Jihadists groups compensate the family of the terrorist victims with large $ sums. If we ever want to beat the terrorists we're going to stop pretending we're not going to get our hands dirty while they're chopping our heads off. Trump calls the media out on being liars. Is he wrong or do you trust CNN to tell you un-spun truth? Trump is going to Make America Great Again. The illegals and the globalists and the left wing revolutionaries are threatening America, not Trump.
"Don't be so blind to think these protests came from no where. The Left does indeed preach peace and tolerance and equality-- and will absolutely rise up against a tyrant campaigning for draconian measures. "
Oh ok the left is so peaceful and noble and pure like Jesus that when they come for you, and hurt you, it's ok, because they're just. Is that really what you just said?
edit on 4-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
This is the latinos way of letting us know whats coming if Trump is elected and carries out the will of the people

Which "will of the People" is that?

The 58% or so that still describe their opinion of him as "Unfavorable"?

Real Clear Politics - Poll Averages -Trump Favorable/Unfavorable.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

I understand exactly why people like Trump, and in the best possible case, it's due to extreme short sightedness.

If Trump was to be great there would be evidence of greatness already. So far the only thing I see is anger, a fragile ego, an ability to incite violence, and utter stupidity.

It's extremely short sighted to think ANYONE other than Hillary is better. No. An extreme tyrant with narcissistic personality disorder with sh*t ideas that need correcting every 24 hours, is definitely NOT better than a crony corrupt capitalist. I'll take the status quo over a dictator tyrant.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia
If he were trying to mass deport legal citizens then yes it would be 100% their right to riot in the streets. Unfortunately for your argument they are illegally here and committing violence. So that's 2 strikes. Israel knocks down the houses of the families of terrorists. It helps cut down on terrorist attacks. Jihadists groups compensate the family of the terrorist victims with large $ sums. If we ever want to beat the terrorists we're going to stop pretending we're not going to get our hands dirty while they're chopping our heads off.

We have gotten our hands plenty dirty-- you're advocating the targeting and murder of innocent people. You've lost your way if you think that's okay.

Also, stop PRETENDING that the only possible response to illegal immigration is mass deportation. That's the most extreme response possible. There could be a path to citizenship, get them in the system, so they can be made legit. But it just doesn't feed the anger enough, does it?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Can you describe the actions, positions, public statements, etc. that qualify La Raza as a "hate group"?

For your reference, this is what SPLCuses:
(I assume you'll want to develop your own criteria since they are leftist, liberal, commie, traitors of course.)

All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

By that definition, Trump supporters should be classified as a hate group.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Really? Since when is following the law and sending people back to where they invaded from violent or hate? It is the f'ing LAW!!! They are criminals and therefore, can not be allowed to benefit from their crime. I you want to make crap up and think there is anyone on the right that thinks violence is acceptable...you're wrong (except for the nut cases).

But your argument disappears when you call following the law violence and hate.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You misunderstood I believe. Those violently protesting in gangs today ARE the left. That is the problem at hand. Yes...violence has been executed on the right and the left...but today's topic is referencing violence on the left at these protests.

Other than that...peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

There is also a law against downloading movies and music illegally. The criminals responsible are stealing millions if not billions from studios and record labels, as well as exhibitors. All of this money stolen from our economy by criminals. So, should we use the fullest extend of the law and fine and jail millions of people all across the U.S.? Cripple entire families and destroy them with million dollar fines or even jail time? Or is the problem too big and a less draconian solution more appropriate. Google and Apple offer Google Music and iTunes Match which can take an illegal collection and effectively legalize it. They have also worked to making downloading music cheap and easily accessible. A path to legalization.

If you believe peaceful families who's greatest crime was coming here, to escape violence from their own country, should be punished as harshly as possible, then I also assume you support the harshest possible punishment for all crimes?

I believe there are more humane ways of dealing with the problem.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: spiritualzombie

But your argument disappears when you call following the law violence and hate.

Advocating for only the harshest measures is indicative of hate and would result in violence.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: LordDraconia
If he were trying to mass deport legal citizens then yes it would be 100% their right to riot in the streets. Unfortunately for your argument they are illegally here and committing violence. So that's 2 strikes. Israel knocks down the houses of the families of terrorists. It helps cut down on terrorist attacks. Jihadists groups compensate the family of the terrorist victims with large $ sums. If we ever want to beat the terrorists we're going to stop pretending we're not going to get our hands dirty while they're chopping our heads off.

We have gotten our hands plenty dirty-- you're advocating the targeting and murder of innocent people. You've lost your way if you think that's okay.

Also, stop PRETENDING that the only possible response to illegal immigration is mass deportation. That's the most extreme response possible. There could be a path to citizenship, get them in the system, so they can be made legit. But it just doesn't feed the anger enough, does it?

I heard someone spin a theory maybe here on ATS i'm not sure that well Trump is a business man. He wants a wall. Nobody wants to pay for it. The immigrants don't want to go home. Maybe if they work on it like a public works program with minimum wage and it can help them earn their citizenship? Wall gets built on the cheap. No more illegals. Illegals come out of the shadows and can contribute to the economy easier. And I am not pro killing terrorist families killing just begets more killing but I am pro making sure the families suffere some sort of economic loss instead of gain when one of their kids goes out and commits a terrorist act. And check the vids. Trump people are having a ball. It's the rioters who have a lot of anger.
edit on 4-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Zimnydran

Which "will of the People" is that?

The 58% or so that still describe their opinion of him as "Unfavorable"?

Real Clear Politics - Poll Averages -Trump Favorable/Unfavorable.

It's not his favorbility that drives his support its issues. Consistently when polled around 80 percent think illegal immagration Is a problem. He benifit's from this as it's not a usual topic of most republicans who stick to abortion and economy. When people are concerned about something and someone offers a solution no matter how stupid it may be.

I still hope Bernie can pull this out I'd trust him to at least look out for the common man. But here's the other thing I will vote for Trump over Hillary any day. Hillary is far more dangerous than to have as potus. She shows a major disregard for any laws unless they benifit her of course. If you take the time to look into the Clinton foundation and look at how anarchists have high jacked the Republican party it's very scary. I've voted Democrat for the last 4 elections but that may come to an end looking at the extremism which is becoming the norm.

So when you factor in Trump's favorabilty you must also take in to account his oponent. Hillary is probably the second worst hated politician only exceeded by Sarah Palin.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join