It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Survival Foods For Your Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I came across this article and I thought that I would share it here.I know a lot
of people have dogs and are also preppers.Some really good ideas here and I
hope they will work for you.www.survivopedia.com...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I plan on mice, rats, squirrels and as a treat big game intestines as I am able to harvest them.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64
Yeppers.
Dogs love all sorts of critters.
I had a German Shepherd that would eat trout.... but only trout.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My son feeds his dogs table scraps along with dog food.He had rabbits he
was going to use for them but other predators ate the rabbits.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dogs are domicile, until they get hungry. Then they'll hunt and eat anything, snails, roaches, rats, birds, whatever.

We have a dachshund that is part dog, all predator, she'll sit outside gopher holes for hours waiting for them to pop up.
No lie…

If the crap ever hits the fan, I'll let her out in the morning and she'll bring us food. My Grandfathers dachshund used to bring home rabbits, line them up outside the back porch…

Good dog!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Yeppers.
Dogs love all sorts of critters.
I had a German Shepherd that would eat trout.... but only trout.

I got 2 German Shepards here and they will have whatever I am having. They are mean little #ers they guard the house and the garage like junkyard dogs and are rewarded for their great service.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Feed your pets well when you can because if the shtf event happens....your pets just might be your survival food.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Or vice versa

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

Or vice versa

Very true....or go all horror show zombie and both of us snack on the giblets .

Ever seen this one?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I haven't seen that before, I loved the rats scurrying around

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You and thousands of other people thinking the same thing. At some point, no more harvesting. Then what?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

You and thousands of other people thinking the same thing. At some point, no more harvesting. Then what?

I feed people to my dogs

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In a real SHTF situation, eating Fido will be your way to survive. Just saying.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
Then my dog gets trespassers or thieves.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

The ranks will thin out pretty quickly.
A lot of 'hunters' can barely handle gutting their deer.... if they even get one... then they take it to a butcher shop. Those who can, will. Those who can't.... well, they will perish after the canned food runs out.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

i would live well on catch lines n rat traps

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

i would live well on catch lines n rat traps

Plenty would do well. Most wouldn't. All it takes is a long green stick and a helper to get an edible groundhog out of his hole, but Joe Schmuckitelli that runs the sunglass kiosk at the mall probably doesn't know that.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I need joe schmucitelli to make me a god and excersice cruelty by not sharing and defending. A salesman bargains, I stand my ground there are no negotiations now much less if shtf I buy what I need. Did you know some smart people don't even realize old rail lines would be safer then roadways? people suck. I can pack lots of rat traps and I can kill an awful lot with them, I have caught rabbits with them before (of coarse mine are modified) a mouse trap or 20 is easier then thinking you are going to hunt your balls off

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
You have a dog to distract the larger predators like the coy-wolves, wolves, cougars, bears, and rabbits with big gnarly teeth that can leap ten yards and tear your throat right out.

That is the 2nd reference to "A Boy and His Dog" I've seen in two days. Don Johnson and the dog from the Brady Bunch traveling the countryside in search of a meal and love. I haven' seen it yet, at least not recently, but it looks like a good B Sci-Fi movie from the 70s. It was based on a short story, I'd like to read that as well. It would probably be a good over-the-top remake with today's special effects. I want to see a remake of Zardoz too.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
You have a dog to distract the larger predators like the coy-wolves, wolves, cougars, bears, and rabbits with big gnarly teeth that can leap ten yards and tear your throat right out.

That is the 2nd reference to "A Boy and His Dog" I've seen in two days. Don Johnson and the dog from the Brady Bunch traveling the countryside in search of a meal and love. I haven' seen it yet, at least not recently, but it looks like a good B Sci-Fi movie from the 70s. It was based on a short story, I'd like to read that as well. It would probably be a good over-the-top remake with today's special effects. I want to see a remake of Zardoz too.

new topics

top topics

join