It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient greek & egyptian gods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
hey, just wondering if anybody actually has beliefs in the gods of ancient greece, or the gods of the egyptians?

a couple symbols like the eye of ra, the cross with the loop on top meaning eternal life. so we still have symbols of certain aspects of the egyptian beliefs, but is there anyone out there that still has them as their one true faith. afterall these religions were created many thousands of years before christianity, islamic beliefs etc... thus meaning religion and gods are a man-made concept.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Personaly i don't believe in the anceit gods, but there is the temple of set which is pretty much a satanic worship group.
By the way from what i know of anceit religion, the first gods where the sumerian gods, the egyptians and the greeks based there gods along the lines of the sumerian gods, also there is a theory that the sumerian gods were aliens. As they talked about there gods as if they were kings who lived among them, much like the egyptian phaeroh concept. Although there are sumerian tablets with pictures of alien looking beings on them, and the sumerians knew of all planets in our solar system thousands of years befor as to say pluto was discoverd by the western world. Sumerians didnt have the technology to see those planets, yet they still knew they existed. I know this is a very out there theory which i find very difficult to believe, yet it is a intresting one that does have some proof of.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wang is correct. The first 'recorded' deities that we know of were Sumerian. And all the knowledge that supposedly just happened over night (time recognition, zodiac [which would require at least 26,000 years to stduy], flight, metalurgy, sewage systems, high rises, base 60 math (Sumerian. Ours is a puny base 10), etc., seem to point out some 'divine intervention', now hypothosized to be Alien encounters. Some good authors I think you would enjoy would be Erik Von Daniken, Zecharia Sitchin, Graham Hancock, Christopher Dunn, Andrew Collins, and Joseph Campbell (for a traditional view on how almost all religions stem from one).

Keep up the thought work and deny ignorance. Also, on your first question about ancient religions. I would say I'm a Horus man. Because he's the equivalent to Thor (Odin's son) in Norse Mythology.

/Nordic Mythology is cool, but is still a copy of Sumerian, to fit the Nordics climate and way of life.

edit: Also, the Hindu religion is very close to Sumerian. But they're are two major factors. Original Indian, and Aryan Indian. It is impossible to seperate the two, so we'll never know who was first (Sumerian or Indian). I think thre are also under water structures in Japan, India, and Central America that almost date to the Pyramids, around 8000 B.C.E. (about the time Jericho got started). Supposedly they were there from before the flood (before 10,500 B.C.E.) while the pyramids were after, but still in the age of Leo.

[edit on 15/1/05 by sentiencedesign]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
thanx for those, im gonna look up some of those authors... i need some new material to read

also im going to look up more on the 'sumerian'...looks very interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Enjoy. It's all very interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't think anyone could believe the gods of ancient greece. They were supposed to live on Mount Olympus. Anyone can go up there now and see that there is no one there

top topics

join